Profile for Jane Morgan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Days Are Gone
Days Are Gone

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding debut, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Days Are Gone (Audio CD)
Anyone who has listened to Haim's singles, like 'The Wire' or 'Falling and has enjoyed them should buy this album, it's very good and I would reccommend it. The standout tracks to me are 'Days are gone', 'My song 5' - which wouldn't be for everyone as at times it's more like a chant than a song, and their single, 'Don't save me'.

Sister Assassin (Mind Games)
Sister Assassin (Mind Games)
by Kiersten White

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 3 April 2013
As soon as I started reading this book, I was unable to stop! It's a brilliant story and I recommend it to anyone, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did.
The story follows two sisters, Fia and Annie. They are trapped in a 'school' for gifted girls, Annie is blind but can see the future and Fia has brilliant instincts. Fia is used as an assasin and if she doesn't do what she's told then her sister will be killed.
It may not sound amazing but I promise you it is and is worth reading.

Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
by Veronica Roth

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Feb. 2013
I wasn't sure about this book when I bought it but after reading it it easily became one of my favourite books. If you are a fan of the Hunger Games then you will definitly enjoy this as it is similar (but not too similar).
Without spoilers I will explain the premise of this story: There are 5 factions, Dauntless, Erudite, Amity, Candor and Abnegation. When children are 16 they make a choice of which faction they would like to live in for the rest of their life, whether they choose to leave the faction they were born into or move to a new one.
The story follows Tris who is a 16 year old girl who is about to choose a faction. Before making her choice she had to take a test to see which faction she was best suited for, however the test results reveal that there are 3 possible factions she could choose. This makes her Divergent, which is a very dangerous thing to be.
I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil anything but the story explores her life in her new faction and you see all the struggles she goes through to be accepted. (From what I've said I may not have convinced you to buy this book but I don't want to spoil the story.)
I also recommend the sequel 'Insurgent.'

Falling Skies - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Falling Skies - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Noah Wyle
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any Falling Skies fan, 27 Dec. 2012
If you loved season 1 of Falling Skies you will also love this. The story lines are more exciting and they have included a few interesting plot twists as well, the CGI is better no doubt because of the success of season 1 making season 2 have a bigger budget. It has 10 episodes like season 1 which I think is good as if it had more then it would be dragged out and probably too boring. I just wish the box set was being released sooner!

The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [DVD]
The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars The best movie in a long time? Absoloutly!, 3 Sept. 2012
'In a dark vision of the near future, 12 boys and 12 girls are forced to appear in a live TV show called The Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed.'

Originally, I wasn't planning on watching this film after seeing the trailer but I few friends of mine had read the books and highly recommended them, so I bought the books and started reading them the week before I went to see the movie with these friends.

And honestly, I now cannot believe that I wasn't planning on seeing it!

The country Panem (once North America) is run by the Capitol, which is full of very rich people. There were once 13 districts but after they rebelled against the Capitol the thirteenth was blown up, after the rebellion the Hunger Games began to punish the 12 remaining districts. Every year a boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 are chosen from each district, they have to fight to the death until one victor remains.

The Hunger games follows the story of Katniss Everdeen who volunteers for the games after her younger sister is chosen. Katniss is from the poorest disrict: district 12 and is sure that she will lose, however she is a skilled hunter and is very good at archery. The first film of the trilogy shows her and the boy from her district; Peeta fighting in the games with the help of their mentor (and previous winner) Haymitch and their Capitol born helper Effie. But even though Katniss is skilled their are some tributes who have trained their whole lives so they can volunteer for the games.

A lot of the actors are very distiguished and well known and this story isn't just for teenagers, it can also be enjoyed by adults too, I also recommend purchasing the book trilogy but Suzanne Collins.

Abduction [DVD]
Abduction [DVD]
Dvd ~ Taylor Lautner

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Abduction [DVD] (DVD)
I can't really understand why people don't like this film. I went to see it with my teenaged daughter in the cinema and she loved it so I bought her this DVD and she must have watched it at least 10 times. I like the film too, I think it's a bit different and Taylor Lautner isn't that bad of an actor.

The Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff  (PC DVD)
The Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff (PC DVD)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, really good stuff pack, 2 Feb. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I know thast alot of people are saying that it's a rip off for what it is compared to sims 2 stuff packs but it's no different to all the other sims 3 stuff packs. i really like the new stuff and it comes with loads and loads of new clothes. Alot of people don't like it but I think the new stuff is very nice and it's worth getting.

Identified
Identified
Offered by Springwood Media

5.0 out of 5 stars i adore this album, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Identified (Audio CD)
a truly gripping album, better than the first
track ratings:
*BONUS*
commited 8/10
vunerable 10/10
set it off 10/10
i really love her music and ashley tisdale's and i really want them to make more albums!

V
V
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this, i will always love it, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: V (Audio CD)
this is an absoloutly amazing album, i love every track it's truly fabulous
this is how i rate the tracks:

Headstrong
Headstrong
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars really good fun, LOVE IT!, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Headstrong (Audio CD)
i really like this album but i think her second is better, although some of the songs on this album are phenomenal, there are some others on this album that i dont like as much that's what stops me from giving it 5*
this is how i rate the tracks:
[intro (it's a mash up of the tracks) 5/10, dont really have any feelings about this one]
so much for you 9/10
dont touch (the zoom song) 8/10
we'll be together 9/10
headstrong 10/10
suddenly 9/10
so thats how i rate the tracks although the best two by a mile are he said she said and headstrong

Page: 1 | 2