Profile for Stuart C > Reviews

Content by Stuart C

Stuart C (Leicestershire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shutter Island [DVD] (2010)
Shutter Island [DVD] (2010)
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film... lots to discuss afterwards!, 5 May 2016
This review is from: Shutter Island [DVD] (2010) (DVD)
Wow. Amazing film. Watched it on a Saturday evening. Then had to watch it again on Sunday afternoon.

Pilot Iroshizuku Fountain Pen Ink - 50 ml Bottle - Shin-kai Deep Sea
Pilot Iroshizuku Fountain Pen Ink - 50 ml Bottle - Shin-kai Deep Sea
Offered by WAKU1(JAPAN STORE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Serene and well behaved, 5 May 2016
I've been using Diamine Majestic blue which is a beautiful ink, but very badly behaved. I have smudging all over my page.

This ink is, the best word I found is "serene". It lacks the saturation and sheen of Majestic Blue, but it makes up for that with class. It writes well and dries quickly.

Is this my new 'every day' ink? It could be...
Comment Comment | Permalink

Taidea 3000/8000 Grit Combination Corundum Whetstone Knife Sharpening Stone / Double-Sided
Offered by ANG UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stone, did the job perfectly., 26 April 2016
Really worked well. I bought it in conjunction with a coarser grit stone to bring my favourite kitchen knife back to full sharpness.

It was my first go (with YouTube tuition) and it truly was razor-sharp when finished (I have a bald patch on my forearm to prove it!)

Nice stone - the rubber mat wasn't quite as non-slip as I hoped, but when placed on a towel on the surface it was perfect.

Zatoichi [2004] [DVD]
Zatoichi [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ 'Beat' Takeshi Kitano

5.0 out of 5 stars A real yin-yang of a film, 13 April 2016
This review is from: Zatoichi [2004] [DVD] (DVD)
Love this film. In parts silly, in parts quite foreboding. The music sticks out in one way, and perfectly matches the mood in another. Extremely violent and graphic, but in an acceptable cartoon way. A masterpiece.

The Motivation Manifesto: 9 Declarations to Claim Your Personal Power
The Motivation Manifesto: 9 Declarations to Claim Your Personal Power
by Brendon Burchard

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 April 2016
Bought this to replace a copy I gave to a client. That says it all. An inspiration.

Money is Love: Reconnecting to the Sacred Origins of Money
Money is Love: Reconnecting to the Sacred Origins of Money
by Barbara Wilder

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and inspirational., 13 April 2016
Read in one sitting - easy to read, a simple set of points, and inspirational too. Really worth a read if you suffer from money mindset issues.

Mapominoes Africa
Mapominoes Africa
Offered by ADVOCATE GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Love learning while I play, 13 April 2016
This review is from: Mapominoes Africa (Toy)
I never really knew my African geography... this game is an eye-opener! So many countries, interrelated in so many different ways. Bought this to supplement Europe, Asia and The Americas which we already own... now it doesn't all fit on our table! Love learning while I play :)

Jinhao X750 Lava Red Fountain Pen Medium Nib
Jinhao X750 Lava Red Fountain Pen Medium Nib
Offered by Fly Service

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding for its price., 13 April 2016
Outstanding pen for its price. I bought it to butcher and fit Zebra-G flex nibs to it, but actually it's become a daily writer. Can't believe the quality given the price...

The Ultimate Guide to Planning an Outdoor Wedding
The Ultimate Guide to Planning an Outdoor Wedding
by Craig Bidder

5.0 out of 5 stars Big picture to finest details... this has it all!, 13 April 2016
I always thought an outdoor wedding was a cop-out for those who didn't want to do any organising... who knew there was this much involved? The authors of this book did!

I hate things that say "ultimate" then fail to live up to their expectations, but this book really has everything... from the big picture of what kind of venue to pick right down to details like the different shapes of plug sockets. Awesome!

MeasuPro CCT300 Digital Clock, Timer, and Stopwatch for Sports or Kitchen with Silent Mode and 3 Alert Type Settings
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job! Flexible and useful., 11 Feb. 2016
Superb. Does the job. Love the memory function and the option for silence/vibrate. I use this for timing business tasks and highly recommend it to my clients.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3