Profile for K-G > Reviews

Hodge the Hedgehog
Hodge the Hedgehog
by Amy Sparkes

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 22 Aug 2009
This review is from: Hodge the Hedgehog (Paperback)
Okay, I may be biased - I bought this as it was written by an old school friend. But I loved it. I have toddler twins and I can see this being a firm favourite.
Beautiful illustrations too.
Well done Amy!

Five Chirpy Birds
Five Chirpy Birds
by Susie Brooks
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 chirpy birds, 3 Mar 2009
This review is from: Five Chirpy Birds (Board book)
My one year old twins love this book. The rhyme is lovely, the illustrations cute, the shape of the pages good for tiny hands and the noise button perfect for tiny fingers.

Acheron (Dark-Hunter World)
Acheron (Dark-Hunter World)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon

5.0 out of 5 stars Acheron - finally, 6 Sep 2008
All the hints over the years from SK have finally made sense (we've met her before (albeit as a child), her name starts with a K (surname but okay) etc...

This is really two books in one. The first part, a departure from her normal more light-hearted take on the DH world. Harsh, but neccessary, to show us what made Acheron the man (God) he is.
The second part, his story. His true love. Slushy but fantastic.

I think she timed this just right - apart from the Dream Hunter books which have felt like padding the series at times, the DH books have been wonderful but I think it was time to wrap up the stories of Kyrian and Julian and Tabitha et al - after all the first book came out a good few years ago (just checked, was it really only 2002? Wow).

I look forward to the new arc though with Jaden, although I think we will still see some old faces - I'm sure Nick isn't going to be quiet after all.

Definatley a worthy story for our Ash - stick with the first 150 pages and you will not be able to put it down!

An Offer You Can't Refuse
An Offer You Can't Refuse
by Jill Mansell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best work, that's for sure, 28 May 2008
What a shame. I normally love JM's books - I think I've read them all in fact but this one left me rolling my eyes. It was far to formulaic and the main character, Lola, was actually a bit annoying. So much so that I have no idea why Dougie changed his mind at the last minute and decided she was lovable after all.
The premise was good but the sub-plots (Sally, Gabe, Nick) got far more attention than the main story and I think that's the main problem with this book.

Worth a read if you are a JM fan but wait for the paperback. Don't buy it as your first JM book either - it's not a good example at all. Perfect Timing is one of her best.

It Must Be Love (Little Black Dress)
It Must Be Love (Little Black Dress)
by Rachel Gibson
Price: 5.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but be warned it's a re-print., 20 Jan 2008
Due to the new cover, I had not realised this was a re-print of an earlier work by RG and was expecting it to be the follow on to previous stories (currenly awaiting a book for Adele - see Sex Lies and Online Dating, Tangled Up In You and also I'm In No Mood For Love).

Worth buying if you don't already have it - Gabrielle and Joe's story is a good one - but check your shelf first.

Everything You Need to Know to Have a Healthy Twin Pregnancy
Everything You Need to Know to Have a Healthy Twin Pregnancy
by Gila Leiter
Price: 10.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, shame there isn't an English version, 23 Nov 2007
Much, much better than ''Having Twins - and More by Louis M.D. Keith'' - which I had to throw away.
This book I have dipped in and out of throughout my pregnancy. It gives you some extra facts on twins and if you want a more indepth look at pregnancy use Leslie Regans ''Week By Week''. These two books together are all I have needed to stay informed during my twin pregnancy and have answered all my niggles and queries.

Having Twins - and More: Every Parent's Guide to Pregnancy, Birth and Early Childhood
by Louis M.D. Keith
Price: 11.16

1.0 out of 5 stars Having Twins - and More, 22 Sep 2007
At first this book is good, lots of interesting information on multiple births and families.

However, about halfway through it turns very preachy (you must breastfeed, you must have a home birth, you must refuse a c-section, you must not listen to your Dr but follow your heart) which I found very irritating and upsetting so I threw it away.

A shame as it looked so promising.

The Island
The Island
by Heather Graham
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars The Island, 18 Jun 2007
This review is from: The Island (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book and one other having read Ghostwalk, which was very good.

However, this book was a bit disappointing. I found it hard to relate to the characters and too many new people were thrown in all at once. The romance also seemed a bit rushed which was a shame.

Hoping the other book I have, The Vision is better.

Average with no real suspense.

Match Me If You Can: Number 6 in series (Chicago Stars Series)
Match Me If You Can: Number 6 in series (Chicago Stars Series)
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 6.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Match Me If You Can, 4 May 2007
The follow up to this: Natural Born Charmer, is much better than this one. SEP is becoming one of my favourite authors but I have to admit this was not up to par with her other works.

Worth a read of course, but Lady Be Good, First Lady and Kiss An Angel are a lot better.

Kiss An Angel
Kiss An Angel
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Kiss An Angel, 31 Mar 2007
This review is from: Kiss An Angel (Paperback)
The title has little to do with what I found to be a great book. Wonderful chick-lit. This is a re-print from 1996 and I'm glad. I hadn't come across SEP before but will definatley be ordering more books.

Alex is a wonderful Alpha hero: broody, good looking, delightfully clueless about his feelings for Daisy (who has just enough spine to counter her emotions). Loved watching them fall in love and found the circus-side of the book fascinating too.

Well worth a read.