Profile for Mike > Reviews

Content by Mike

Mike "Mike Mike Mike" (Tyneside, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Five Dead Canaries (Home Front Detective series Book 3)
Five Dead Canaries (Home Front Detective series Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Amazon, introduce a no-star rating! Even if only for this!, 4 Mar. 2016
Poorly developed characters, stilted writing, awful plot, tedious tedious tedious. Spoiler alert - the plot is one of those where all of the clues are presented in the last few pages, all other plot lines are red herrings some of which go on far too long. Did I mention dull?

Void Moon
Void Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars A 10-star 5-star review!, 4 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Void Moon (Kindle Edition)
A one-off from Michael Connelly, featuring neither Harry Bosch nor Micky Haller, but a brilliant stand-alone read with clever plot and well-rounded characters and a great ending.

The Saint-Fiacre Affair: Inspector Maigret #13
The Saint-Fiacre Affair: Inspector Maigret #13

1.0 out of 5 stars Not how I remember Maigret, 8 Feb. 2016
A verry annoying style in this book with so very MANY unfinished sentences, do you know what I ....? I've never seen so many ellipses in one book! And NO detective work!

Icons of England
Icons of England

1.0 out of 5 stars Only edited by Bill Bryson. Many of the chapters ..., 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Icons of England (Kindle Edition)
Only edited by Bill Bryson. Many of the chapters aren't about icons, they are jusy childhood memories with nothing at all iconic about them.

Your Cheatin' Heart [DVD][2 Disc]
Your Cheatin' Heart [DVD][2 Disc]
Dvd ~ John Gordon Sinclair

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 16 Jan. 2016
It seems strange now that this took so VERY many years to come to DVD. Shows its age a little but still hugely enjoyable

Back To Black [VINYL]
Back To Black [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand still in amazement., 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Back To Black [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Amy, you should have had years of stardom still to come. One of THE great female vocal albums

The Last Castle [DVD] [2002]
The Last Castle [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Robert Redford
Offered by nagiry

5.0 out of 5 stars See for yourself, 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Last Castle [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Some other reviewers aren't happy with this film. All I can say is that I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it the first time I saw it on TV. I looked at the reviews and then bought it anyway - and still enjoyed it.

Plaster City (A Jimmy Veeder Fiasco)
Plaster City (A Jimmy Veeder Fiasco)

5.0 out of 5 stars Need more like this!, 19 Sept. 2015
Nooooooooooo!!!! PLEASE. do not close this storyline off now!

The Snickerdoodle Kerfuffle (A Short Story)
The Snickerdoodle Kerfuffle (A Short Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 19 Sept. 2015
Johnny Shaw is a new discovery for me and I LOVE his work! A very entertaining twist on your hard-bitten detective story.

Station Eleven
Station Eleven
by Emily St. John Mandel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant., 5 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Station Eleven (Paperback)
I bought this book purely because it was on offer. Before I did that however, I read the first chapter. When it was downloaded and I started to read it properly, I was astonished at the twist between chapters one and two. I won't spoil the surprises in store for you - enough people have done that already in these reviews. What I will say is that the plot is strong and that the characters are credible, rounded and fully realised.

Some of the reviews may use words that make you think "I don't read those kind of books". Ignore those feelings. You WILL enjoy this book very much and it will keep you on your toes. You really will find it hard to put your book/kindle down!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8