Profile for Jeff > Reviews

New External USB 2.0 Slim CD/DVD RW Drive Writer for All Laptop, PC, MAC
New External USB 2.0 Slim CD/DVD RW Drive Writer for All Laptop, PC, MAC
Offered by discountedtoyou

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 18 Mar. 2016
Feels cheap and it is but it works well enough. As some reviewers have said, at this price you can afford to replace it when it goes wrong.

Rocket Fighter
Rocket Fighter
by Ziegler Mano

5.0 out of 5 stars A must in any Komet collection, 18 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Rocket Fighter (Hardcover)
I have been studying all things relating to the amazing Me163 Komet for some years and a friend lent me Mano's book which I found very interesting. Many of his characters and stories appear in other books although not necessarily with the same people involved in the same stories but that's history for you. Several gaps were filled in, e.g. what did the Komet diet actually comprise and how were the large trim flaps used? I'll have to give the book back so I bought another to replace it and found it was readily available second hand and not expensive.

Easy-Load Wooden Compost Bin - Extra Large - 897 Litres
Easy-Load Wooden Compost Bin - Extra Large - 897 Litres
Offered by Primrose

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, some shortcomings but very good value., 18 Mar. 2016
When I read the reviews I was discouraged. I spoke to an 'expert' at a local Garden Centre who recommended that I get someone to build a large compost enclosure and divide it in three to move the compost from one to another as it breaks down. This would give me, in effect, three containers like the Easy Load and probably cost a lot more. I ordered one to try it figuring that a bit of fettling would still be a lot less work that starting from scratch. It came in a couple of days and I built it, eventually. Actually it wasn't too hard but I did spend more time studying the photos than fitting it all together as there was a complete absence of instructions. To be frank, I was quite impressed. The joints were a tight fit and this made for a surprisingly rigid structure. OK, so it's a bit rough and ready but we're not cabinet making. I shall be ordering some more.

Bialetti rubber seal and filter 6 cups
Bialetti rubber seal and filter 6 cups

4.0 out of 5 stars Like new!, 25 Nov. 2015
What a relief! My Bialetti is now working again after I stupidly forgot to put any water in it and wrecked the previous seal. I can now enjoy my favourite coffee again. Such a low price for what seems like a new machine. I now need to remember where I put the two spare seals in case I do it again!

Only four stars because it took rather longer than we've come to expect these days and I was getting withdrawal symptoms. Still it came from Ireland so I guess we must be patient.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2016 7:42 PM BST

Valor Gas Fire Universal Spark Generator (Piezo)
Valor Gas Fire Universal Spark Generator (Piezo)
Offered by UK Heating Spares Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good value, 14 Oct. 2015
Excellent, brought my old gas fire back to life at a fraction of the 'official' price. The only snag was that the terminal on the end of the cable didn't fit and I had to solder on another type.

Model Planes: Aerofoils and Wings
Model Planes: Aerofoils and Wings
by Martyn Pressnell

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely produced book which didn't quite do it for me., 10 Aug. 2015
I bought the book because I knew Martyn when we both lived in St Albans and respected him as a great modeller and model pilot. However, I found the book rather dry and half of it is taken up with aerofoil patterns which are easily obtained on the internet.

V Bombers: Vulcan, Valiant and Victor (Profiles of Flight)
V Bombers: Vulcan, Valiant and Victor (Profiles of Flight)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book at any price - even better for what it actually cost., 10 Aug. 2015
Nice little book, full of interesting historic detail.

Uncommon Sense: The Zero-Tolerance Guide To Political Correctness
Uncommon Sense: The Zero-Tolerance Guide To Political Correctness

2.0 out of 5 stars If you found yourself sitting next to this man on a train you'd get off at the next stop., 10 Aug. 2015
What a pain this man is! Very big on opinion, not so careful with facts. He skates across the surface and, while appearing to give detailed information presents a much less than balanced view in order to support his conspiracy theories and black & white picture of the world. I can't believe I actually finished the book, I suppose I kept thinking it would get better!

Taxing Air: Facts & Fallacies About Climate Change
Taxing Air: Facts & Fallacies About Climate Change

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 July 2015
One of the best books on the Climate Change scam I've yet read. It is very clear, not too mired in technical detail, and gives a balanced view of this complex issue.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The relatively small size is actually a benefit as they ..., 20 Dec. 2014
The relatively small size is actually a benefit as they can be carried by one person which saves them being dragged which wears out the bottoms very quickly. I can stand six of them in the back of my car Volvo Estate).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4