Profile for Ruby Riley > Reviews

Content by Ruby Riley

Ruby Riley (Wolverhampton, UK)

The Music Miracle: The Scientific Secret to Unlocking Your Child's Full Potential
by Liisa Henriksson-Macaulay

2.0 out of 5 stars A mindblowingly dull read, 23 Jan. 2014
I saw the bbc breakfast news interview & liked the author & the concept & so ordered this book.
I found it extremely heavy going & ended up skim reading it in about an hour searching for the crux, the how can I do this for my child.
Moosicology is the answer but it's not here, it's a separate cd pack. I'll buy the pack as this book proves that music affects the brain of children in a hugely positive way. But u can accept this fact without reading reams & reams of scientific data. Great for scientists or people who love a book about scientific evidence but sadly not for me.

Had I have known I would just have bought the cds.

Dull. Dull. Dull. (Yawn)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2014 2:52 PM GMT

Homescapes - Luxury White Goose Feather & Down - All Seasons - Double Duvet 9 Tog + 4.5 Tog - 100% Cotton Anti Dust Mite & Down Proof Fabric - Anti Allergen - Box Baffle Construction - Washable at Home
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, quality product, 19 Sept. 2011
Have only used the summer weight duvet so far (it was bought for my teenage son) and he sleeps like a log under it. Warm and snug and has a lovely super clean smell. He had a single feather and down duvet previously and, though this one seems less full of feathers, somehow he finds it warmer. The other duvet always had a blanket thrown over it, even in the summer, and it was a higher tog rating, so don't quite know how that works! Very pleased with this product and would recommend.

Davina - Body Buff [DVD]
Davina - Body Buff [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exercise DVD!, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Davina - Body Buff [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this to help regain my figure as 18 months after having my 3rd child, and despite a healthy outdoors lifestyle, I still had poor abdominal muscles. A friend does the Davina workouts and has a trim, toned, flat abdomen so I thought I'd give it a go. I've been doing it 5 days a week for 4 weeks (though after 2 weeks did buy Davina Fit, just for a change) . The difference to my body shape has been amazing (so says my husband too) . My tummy is noticeably more toned, I have much better stamina and no longer ache after the exercises, though I religiously do the warm up and the stretch. I actually look forward to my workout sessions and feel rewarded when I've done them. I have a holiday booked for 6 weeks time and would like to continue afterwards too; to keep up the good work. When I first did the exercises they CREASED me, particularly the lunges and the squats in the boxing workout, but the marches after each set were a godsend to give the legs a breather ready for the next set. I moved very stiffly the morning after at first but still worked out and this seemed to take the stiffness away.
My friend has been doing the Davina workouts for years, so I don't think that you get fed up of them (though you may want to buy more of her dvd's just to vary the routine) and when you see the results, then you want to just keep on going! Thank you Davina for producing such an inspirational workout DVD! FABULOUS STUFF!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2011 5:37 PM BST

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Offered by crazyukdropship

5.0 out of 5 stars All consuming, can't put it down, 5 Jan. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought for son as been addicted to last COD since Xmas 08, so considered to be a good buy. Another good one as can't switch this one off either. Have to put a limit on time allowed to play so that he sees daylight! Would recommend though comes with a health warning/anti social to spend so much time on your PS3 warning!!