Profile for Mr. R. M. Stewart > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. M. Stewart

Mr. R. M. Stewart "R Stewart" (Perth, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by PicStop

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, 10 Feb 2014
Received this item on time which was a good start but formatting the micro SDHC is a bit of a nuisance. Formatting using the phone did not work so I had to format the micro SD using my PC.

Time will tell if this micro SDHC card will last.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist  - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - Standard Edition (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Uplay Problems, 9 Jan 2014
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I recommend not buying this game on PC DVD. I installed the game and whenever I try to update the game on Uplay, it does not actually update the game. Therefore I cannot play it, either buy it on console (which I have done now) or buy it through Steam.

If Uplay cannot perform the simple task of updating a game then I want nothing to do with Uplay ever again.

DUNLOP 471R3C MAX GRIP JAZZ NYLON CARBON BLACK Guitars accessories Picks
DUNLOP 471R3C MAX GRIP JAZZ NYLON CARBON BLACK Guitars accessories Picks
Offered by Musik-Schubert

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Nov 2013
Recently I was beginning to struggle to grip the normal plectrums I used to use. But these plectrums are very easy to grip and I now find it much easier to strum each string on the electric guitar and bass guitar. Highly recommend them for any skill level.

NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
NJS Heavy Duty Qualiy Guitar Footrest
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 14 Oct 2013
This footstep is really useful if like myself have issues with your guitar or bass guitar slipping away from you as you're playing. It is a perfect for me (Size 10 feet) and it won't slide on carpet surfaces thanks to the rubber feet.

TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function, Easy Configuration)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but you may want to have a laptop on hand., 31 May 2013
My Xbox 360 and other wireless devices were getting a fair signal from my bedroom. Once I had this Range Extender linked to my router (which was very easy using method 2 in the Quick Installation Guide) the signal is now fantastic!

Overall if you're needing a boost to your network's signal then you can't go wrong with this cracking piece of kit. I will edit my review if I encounter any problems in the future.

EDIT: I've had to bridge the connection between my laptop and Xbox 360 since the Xbox 360 is a bit temperamental with the Wireless Repeater. So if you're planning on using this Wireless Repeater for the Xbox 360 I would recommend you have a laptop with built-in WiFi handy.

Logitech Z313 Speaker System - Black
Logitech Z313 Speaker System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money Speakers, 30 Mar 2013
Having already owned a similar set of speakers (also from Logitech) for my bedroom. I thought I'd buy another set for the living room, set-up was simple as all I had to do is plug in the speakers to the sub-woofer and then plug the headphone jack into the T.V.

If you're looking for something that will give you a more cinema like experience without spending a lot then these are perfect for you.

Zyon PC Desk w/ Keyboard Shelf - Pine effect w/ Wheels (PC, Monitor not included)
Offered by Dealstation

2.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to assemble, 29 Mar 2013
Unlike the other reviews, I'm having trouble putting this desk together. The holes that are used to secure the bottom of the desk and the frame don't seem to be aligned properly.

If I don't manage to get this desk put together soon I shall be buying another desk.

EDIT: I've managed to put the desk together but I had to leave some of the screws out since it was impossible to get them in. Never buying another desk from Zyon again!

Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Cockpit F458 Italia (Xbox 360)
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Cockpit F458 Italia (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game World United Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Feb 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This cockpit wheel is really good. My previous wheel was a Mad Catz Wireless racing wheel and after using this wheel I can say that the Thrustmaster cockpit is much, much better.

The wheel feels really nice in your hands and won't cause them to ache after long races. Also it has a bit of resistance to it so it feels more like an actual steering wheel.

The pedals are very robust and spring back when you let go off the pedal.

No need to mount it to a table - the adjustable arm is very stable when racing.

The paddle shifters make a nice clicking noise when pressed, giving you a confirmation that you've changed gear.

Doesn't take up a lot of room so is very convenient if you don't have much space inside your room.

Vibration works well with certain games. I found that when playing Forza Motorsport 4 it was vibrating a lot. But when I was playing F1 2012 I hardly got any vibration feedback.

The cockpit is powered through a USB cable, so this means it is not wireless. But if you're like me and have your console close to you then this is not a problem.

Overall this is a great wheel if you're looking for something that doesn't need a lot of space and you want to be more involved with your racing games.

UPDATE: Been using this wheel for over 2 months now and the only real problem I've had with it, is that it'll sometimes quickly turn right by itself. It's not stopping me from playing Forza 4 so I'll continue to use this wheel. Been using this on my new PC and it works great on that as well.

Torx T8 Security Screwdriver (Xbox 360)
Torx T8 Security Screwdriver (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with Xbox 360 Wired controller., 23 Jan 2013
I was assuming that this screwdriver would work with the wired version of the Xbox 360 controller. Well it turns out it doesn't, the description could of at least mentioned that it was meant for the wireless Xbox 360.

Sony Xperia J Premium PU Leather Pocket Case / Cover / Pouch - Black
Sony Xperia J Premium PU Leather Pocket Case / Cover / Pouch - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small., 23 Nov 2012
Got this pouch for my Sony Xperia J but would not fit at all. The pouch is far too tight for this phone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3