Profile for D. Bichan > Reviews

Content by D. Bichan

D. Bichan "De" (Scotland)

Triple (3 X) 180M 180 meters Home Remote Wireless Doorbell Door Bell Chime-UK Plug in type

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy-peasy installs, 17 May 2012
The door bell twin pack arrived simply packaged but in perfect condition. With in 5mins I had them out of their packaging and stuck on/plugged in and working. It would have been 3 minutes if it weren't for me struggling to find the battery in the packaging (it's tiny). The door bells are very clear and loud which is ideal for our 3 story town-house. My only criticism is the choice of ring-tones. Out of the 16 or so available tones on 3 are suitable. It's a bit like the early mobile phone ring-tones.

TVonics MFR-200 Small Digital Set Top Freeview Box
TVonics MFR-200 Small Digital Set Top Freeview Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Size doesn't matter, 3 Aug. 2009
What a fantastic little number this is. I've had it a month now and it's just the best freeview box I've ever used. It's so easy to setup and install and only took me minutes to do so. The programme guide on it is very easy to view (not always the case with other freeview boxes) and is easy to navigate and set reminders on. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a freeview box.

Pasta: Every Way for Every Day
Pasta: Every Way for Every Day
by Eric Treuille

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 April 2008
I've had this book for 5 years now and the major impact it's had on my life is the avoidance of many Italian restaurants because I've realised from this book how easy it is to make great pasta easily. The instructions are well thought through and easy to follow. The ingrediants are the kind you'll find in most kitchens.

The thing that has really impressed me is the pasta's for occassions section. As the book has a huge mix of pasta's for different occassions this section groups them into the occassions e.g. Pasta Solo, Pasta for Children, Pasta to Impress (and I have impressed ;-) )

This is a fantastic book. The only down side now is that I expect all recipe books to offer the same standard of instruction and the same number of impressive recipes.

Now I'm off to open an Italian Restraurant that serves top notch pasta...always

The Boy with No Name
The Boy with No Name

5.0 out of 5 stars At their best, 8 July 2007
This review is from: The Boy with No Name (Audio CD)
These guys were written off in my books until I had the pleasure of seeing them at T in the Park a couple of years ago. Every song seemed much the same from their first four albums (the Petshop Boys syndrome) with the exception of some cracking songs like Driftwood and Sing. However Fran Healy is a rare outdoor festival commodity and can really get the crowd going. He and the rest of the band wanted to be there resulting in the crowd wanting to be there with them. He inspired me so much that I bought their latest album and on the first few listenings it's arguably their best album to date. Could it be that they are free of the pressure of the first 5 album contract and have had time to relax and enjoy writing music again?

This album has more depth than any of their previous offerings yet still has the familiar Travis feel. Closer, with its moving orchestral feel and Fan's voice at it's best, could nearly bring a man to tears. Big Chair starts off with a Linkin Park feel to it and has a lovely upbeat feel. Selfish Jean wouldn't be out of place as a Trainspotting theme with an Iggy Pop style intro. It's a gutsy number and will definitely get the crowds rocking at any future T in the Park performance.

An excellent album which fills me with excitement for a live performance and encouragement for their next album.

The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World (Lonely Planet)
The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World (Lonely Planet)
by Celeste Brash

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, 11 Nov. 2005
An absolutely fantastic book. It's may be a touch short on the reading but the eye candy is higher than first rate. Although the written word is lacking what is written is very interesting and informatative and sometimes funny. My only complaint is that it would be great for toilet reading (true male) but it's a bit heavy for that.