Profile for JB > Reviews

Magimix 11610 1.8 Litre Blender, Black
Magimix 11610 1.8 Litre Blender, Black
Price: 143.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Superb, 6 April 2014
After using an inferior brand blender which could not cope with making decent smoothies I did some research into which Blender to buy. Looking on some dedicated "Smoothie" websites the recommendation was for the Blendtec brand. However given these cost 350 upwards I had to look elsewhere. I then found the Magimix and started reading the reviews. Whilst there are always some negative reviews, the general consensus was that this was a good product. So I ordered it on my prime account and it duly arrived the next day. Upon opening the box I could see that this was a decent bit of kit. The glass jar felt very sturdy and when assembled it looks like it means business. I have started to make Green smoothies so I blend up Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, various fruits, along with Sunflower seeds and porridge oaks. The old blender could not make this smooth enough to drink with a straw, but the Magimix simply destroys these tough items into a smooth liquid. The one annoyance was that the Sunflower seeds need to be ground in the optional mill attachment, and I had not realised this beforehand so have had to order separately direct from Magimix spares as could not get cheaper on Amazon. So at this stage not sure how that attachment performs but if it is as good as the jar attachment then it will be great. The Blender has some auto settings for Smoothies, Soup, Ice and Desserts which are good as they perform to set times meaning you won't burn out the motor by overdoing it. As said the Smoothie program made my very smoothie into something I could drink, and the program takes 60 seconds. I cannot comment on how this performs on extend use as I do not want to risk burning it out but I did 2 programs in a row with a couple of minutes breathing space in between, and it was fine. It did feel a little odd when placing the jar on the blender base as it simply rests in by it's weight, whereas previous blenders have all had some form of twisting lock motion. However this is not an issue and in fact is a better more convenient approach as it is simply easy to take on and off. It is a dream to clean also, and in the attached user guide it shows you the auto clean method which is to put 1 Litre of water with 2 drips of washing up liquid in the jar and to put on speed 3 for 30 seconds. Rinse after that and it's ready to use again ! The user guide is pretty decent also, it's a week presented little book with some recipes in also, it's that extra effort that confirms you've bought something of quality.

So the bottom line is that I am really impressed with this Blender and will update the review as time goes on to show how it performs after time.

Fellowes 79Ci Jam Proof Cross Cut Deskside Shredder with SafeSense Technology
Fellowes 79Ci Jam Proof Cross Cut Deskside Shredder with SafeSense Technology
Price: 184.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shredder for home use by far.., 8 Jun 2012
Having had about 6 Shredders over the last 10 years which have all died due to paper jams, burned out motors etc, and with a mountain of documents piling up to be shredded, it was time to invest in a shredder fit for purpose. After doing a lot of research I was torn between the Fellowes 125ci (which is more for offices) and this model. The appeal of both was the Jam free claim, though the 125ci model had the advantage of a longer shredding running time, bigger capacity and this appealed for the initial onslaught to catch up on 6 months of shredding. However in the end I decided the 125ci was too big for my day to day needs and could not justify the extra cost.

So I ordered the 79ci around 4pm on the Thursday and firstly it was delivered the next day, and I had only opted for free super saver delivery, so impressed by speed of the delivery and glad I did not pay for express delivery!

Looking at the unit once unpacked, you can see the quality of it straightaway. The only slight criticism is the paper basket, it is made of plastic and feels like it could snap if you were a bit heavy handed with it, so as long as you treat this ok it will be fine.

The machine claims to take 14 sheets, and it delivers on this promise, and if anything is too thick the Jam warning light comes on and the paper is not shredded. The run time of 14 minutes in good, more than enough for day to day use, but handy for those like me who need to play catch up. I am half way through my catch up and although the waste basket can take 6 gallons, I do need to compress the cuttings in the basket a few times to make sure I fill this with as much as possible. The shredder will stop if it senses the basket is full so you will need to do this to keep going and maximise the cuttings collected before emptying.

Another smart feature is the safe sense warning, where the shredder will stop if it senses fingers near the opening, and having 3 small children this is a very good safety feature.

I do not imagine having to buy a new shredder ever now, as once I am back to day to day use there is no reason for this not to last. Check the size measures of this though as it is still fairly big, but if you can accomodate its size then I would thoroughly recommend this. 178 may seem steep, but here you get what you pay for...

Kolay Gel Silicone Protective Armour Case Cover/Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 4/4S - Clear
Price: 1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 23 Nov 2011
EASYi make the best cases in my opinion. This iphone4 one fits like a bespoke suit, feels safe in your hand and looks great also - I have the black iphone and it contrasts perfectly. My wife has the pink version, and I have the black version as a backup, and all just as perfect as this. Plus I have EASYi cases for my kids itouches (same style in Blue and Red though) and they are as good as this. Great Product at Great Price.

4G Touch Red Gel Silicone Protective Armour Case + Screen Protector Kit for New Apple Ipod Touch 4th Generation 8GB 32GB 64GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 23 Nov 2011
Got this one and the blue one for my kids ipod touchs' and they are simply the best case I have seen. They fit like a bespoke suit, feel safe in your hand (ie they won't slip) and look great too. All this for 1.99 - what an absolute bargain. I have iphone4 version and just as above - perfect...

4G Touch Blue Gel Silicone Protective Armour Case + Screen Protector Kit for New Apple Ipod Touch 4th Generation 8GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by Akis UK
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 23 Nov 2011
Simply Brilliant - Fits like a bespoke suit, Looks great and feels good - gives it a safe feel in the hand. I have same style case for my iphone4 also and same applies there - will only buy cases from EASYi from now on.....

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x FRONT Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product, 23 Nov 2011
My old screen cover was damaged so I searched on amazon for a new cover. I found this product and wondered if it was worth the higher price, as some companies offer more covers for less. Based on the great reviews I decided that I would chance it and hopefully get a quality product - so worth the extra money. For starters it was delivered quicker than the amazon expected delivery date, so very impressed. The screen kit comes with a cloth (a good quality one that can be reused) to clean your screen prior to application - and this is crucial to obtaining a good smooth fit. Firstly I made a section of the cloth damp so I could give the screen a good clean, and then used the the dry section to really buff up the screen and remove any remaining dust. I then put the screen protector on and used the provided card (like a credit card but has a calender on it so quite useful aside from it's intended purpose) and smoothed on the screen protector bit by bit, elimiating any air bubbles. Once on I had to look twice as the fit achieved was so perfect it looks like there is no cover on at all - it is invisable ! The feel of the cover is different to what the normal screen would feel like, but it still makes for a comfortable experience when using the iphone, with the comfort of knowing the screen is protected from scratches. Plus the 2 free sweets were a nice touch also. So remember - get the preparation right and the rest falls into place. GREAT PRODUCT - HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT ! For the full protection get a good case as well, EASYi make great rubber cases that fit snuggly and feel and look great..

BabyDan Sleep 'n' Safe Bedrail (Black)
BabyDan Sleep 'n' Safe Bedrail (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars BabyDan Sleep N Safe Bedrail, 8 Sep 2008
My Son has a "Digger" bed from Next and most makes of Bed Guards do not fit to this bed due to it having raised wooden panels on the sides. The hinges on this Bed Guard do not protrude past the frame meaning it can sit flush against the bed frame, so it is more adaptable than most.

Only criticism is the intructions are poor for the part relating to a strap that it contains which goes under the bed frame. It looks like you need to screw in a metal plate tot he bed frame, as there is a hole in the plate - and I cannot see how it would be of any use if it were not screwed in. But the instructions in no part mentioned you needing a screwdriver etc

However I have not used this part as the Bed Guard is supported enough without this on the bed we have.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2011 8:10 AM GMT