Profile for Rich Westman > Reviews

Content by Rich Westman

Rich Westman (Riddings, Derbyshire)

15x12 WOOD PICTURE PHOTO FRAME (Brown)
15x12 WOOD PICTURE PHOTO FRAME (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round, 22 Aug 2014
Very pleased with this. Professional throughout, and suits my print perfectly. Incredibly well packaged in cardboard, sticky wrap, bubble wrap, more sticky wrap, then a protective plastic cover - took a while to get in to it! but worth it. Dead easy to mount my print, just have to screw in the hooks, attach some wire and sorted.
Would definitely do business with again should another unframed print come my way!

Pisa MDF-Photo Frame 29x47 cm 47x29 cm Choice of colour: Cherry Tree Finish with Non-Glare Acrylic Glass
Offered by Homedeco-24

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awful, 22 Aug 2014
Received today, and was very disappointed. The frame itself is fine, acceptable, and looks decent. However, I have had to mount the print I bought this for without the "Non-glare Acrylic Glass." It arrived with film on both sides of the "glass" which I removed, mounted my print behind it as normal, flipped it over and it was very fuzzy; you couldn't make out any of the details at all, just the general colours! Absolutely awful. The frame is going up on the wall until I can get some proper glass cut to fit, and the acrylic is going in the bin.
Moral of the story - don't buy cheap, get proper glass!
Oh, and the courier they use in the UK are rubbish... it's been sat at my neighbour's for five days with them wondering why I hadn't popped round to collect it - I'd had no card through the door!

Evita 2006 London Cast Recording
Evita 2006 London Cast Recording

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but doesn't tell the whole story, 24 Dec 2009
Overall, this CD is fantastic. But, if you haven't seen the musical on stage (or the film version) and therefore do not know the full story, this is not the best Evita CD you could buy. But, if you have seen it, this is a fantastic recording with some of the best vocals I have heard from Eva and Che, but the other cast members do it justice in their own way. Each voice is unique and adds depth to the numbers, and every voice is full of emotion, making it beautiful, especially "Oh What A Circus", "Eva Beware Of The City/Buenos Aires", Another Suitcase In Another Hall", "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", "Rainbow High/Rainbow Tour" and my favourite "A New Argentina".

A must for any fan of Evita and that knows the story :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2012 6:26 AM BST

Transcend 2GB MicroSD Micro Secure Digital Card with SD Adapter
Transcend 2GB MicroSD Micro Secure Digital Card with SD Adapter
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!!, 24 Jun 2009
This item is NOT sold with an adapter!
Repeat: NO ADAPTER WITH THIS PRODUCT!

I bought this from TradeportUK, and it arrived after a long delay (over a week), and then it did not have an adapter with it. I contacted TradeportUK about thjis, and they said it was no longer made with an adapter.

I returned it to them after exchanging emails and they promised to send a full refund. I have not yet had this refund.

DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM!!!

Life Class
Life Class
by Pat Barker

1.0 out of 5 stars Very putdownable, 19 April 2009
This review is from: Life Class (Paperback)
After reading the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker (Regeneration, The Eye In The Door, The Ghost Road) I decided to read her latest work, Life Class. It is nothing like. Set in the same era (WW1) but I can't say much more as I didn't (and honestly couldn't) get past ha;fway through. This is the only book I have EVER not finished. I just couldn't read it, I couldn't engage with the characters at all and they didn't seem real. The storyline was incredibly complicated as well, and all the threads didn't fit together. In the regeneration trilogy the storylines are complicated but mingle together freely and fluently: in Life Class they don't.

Basically, if you are looking for a good read, go somewhere else. Absolute rubbish!

Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale
Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale
by Russell T. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 Mar 2009
This book is fantastic. Simple as that. A must for any fan of Doctor Who, it is a brilliant insight into the creation of the stories, focusing on Voyage Of The Damned, Partners In Crime and the Finale (The Stolen Earth and Journey's End).
It is written as a transcript of emails and texts between Head Writer Russell T Davies and Doctor Who Magazine contributor (and massive fan) Benjamin Cook.
If you haven't read this, you are missing out!
But, there is a problem. It is impossible to put down! lol :-)

Doctor Who - The Master Laser Screwdriver
Doctor Who - The Master Laser Screwdriver
Offered by wookiesdontburnUK

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems, great toy, 9 Mar 2009
After reading other reviews on the Screwdriver, I was a little dubious about purchasing it. But I did, and I have not had any problems whatsoever, even after my little puppy nicked it!!! Great fun and winds dogs up a treat!!! lol :-)