Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (stoke on trent)

Tom Danielson's Core Advantage: Core Strength for Cycling's Winning Edge
Tom Danielson's Core Advantage: Core Strength for Cycling's Winning Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cycling core exercise book, 16 April 2016
This was just what I was looking for. I heard about the book when listening to the TrainerRoad podcasts, it was recommended by coach Chad as probably the best book about core exercises for cyclists and I have to say I totally agree. It's got all the info but best of all is the core training exercises all laid out in separate easy to follow programs. If you have been looking for a core exercise program to help with your cycling then this is it ... Period !

The Time-Starved Cyclist's Training Formula: how to find TIME to train for 100-miles - and NOT get divorced!

5.0 out of 5 stars clever book, 13 Feb. 2014
Very good book if your struggling with getting some structure in your cycling and probably help with just your day to day living too..

2013 Tour de France Sky Team Long-sleeved Cycling Jersey Strap Set
2013 Tour de France Sky Team Long-sleeved Cycling Jersey Strap Set

1.0 out of 5 stars not as described, 9 Nov. 2013
I purchased the bibs for winter as they described as having fleece and windproof ? Well they are made of the thinnest of lycra and felt like I was wearing shorts they were that cold, no fleece anywhere, the jersey is ok just standard lycra jersey but the cuffs are very large allowing a lot of wind to get up your sleeve so not very warm but the worst thing is the orange pad has somehow stained my brand new £ 100 + Saddle orange and no cleaners/stain removers can get it clean so now the white & black colour scheme for my bike now includes orange which is not a good look..On first impressions I was happy with it for the money but in use its a let down and ruined an expensive saddle too..I suppose the moral is if something is cheap it's because it's probably rubbish. .

Paris-Roubaix: The Inside Story. All the bumps of cycling's cobbled classic.
Paris-Roubaix: The Inside Story. All the bumps of cycling's cobbled classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars warts & all, 19 May 2013
If you have got any kind of interest in the cycling classics and especially PR then this is a must read. I haven't read the whole book yet but I have no doubts about giving it a review from what I've read so far. This book covers everything you need to or would want to know about PR without getting boring or bogged down in facts and figures. .buy it you won't be disappointed !

FSA CARBON PRO COMPACT CRANKSET/50-34T/170MM
FSA CARBON PRO COMPACT CRANKSET/50-34T/170MM

3.0 out of 5 stars Carbon Crank- Upgrade for bike, 19 July 2012
First impression's were not great really especially after reading the previous customer review saying the pics don't do it justice. My first impression was that this is a OEM item meaning that for those that don't know it is off a production bike and not an after market product which are of a higher quality than OEM parts, which is a bit anoying as it's not stated as such. To my eye it looks a bit cheap and nasty, there are a couple of scuffs on the crank arms with metal showing through, I know it's a carbon rap but it's more like a layer of paint and a thin one at that too. The crank is intended for a single speed which is good because it's the rings that are the main reason it looks cheap. For the money it's an ok item I suppose but if I had to choose again I would probably look elsewhere and probably spend a bit more money on something a bit better.

No complaint's at all about the service as it was ordered on a sat morning and it arrived the following weds morn ! Top marks for that ! One thing I ought to mention is I was out at the time of the delivery so was unaware that an attempt to deliver was made at 10.30. At about 13.00 i had a phone call saying I need to make a payment of £23 for import duty to release the item ! I refused as this was something I was not expecting and was surprised when I got home to find a delivery card timed 2 hrs before the phone call. When I went to pick up the parcel I mentioned this and there was no record of it and there was no duty to be paid so it's possible somebody might of been trying to scam me so this is a warning to refuse to pay any duty over the phone !