Profile for blissbubbley > Reviews

Content by blissbubbley

blissbubbley (London, UK)

Ozeri Pro II Digital Kitchen Scale in Stylish Black, 1g to 5.5 kg / 12 lbs Capacity, with countdown Kitchen Timer
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 11 Nov 2013
The great thing with the scale set is the addition of a kitchen timer! Two kitchen gadgets in one. I had no problems using the scales and the Tare function was easy to use. There is a very useful instruction booklet that comes in the box, read it! I loved that it had different conversions so you didn't have to convert a recipe in your head; pounds, kilograms, grams and ounces. The scales take AAA batteries which saves on those little round ones that no one has!

Sturdy enough for the kids to use but also small enough to store away. Love it!

A Dog Called Homeless
A Dog Called Homeless

4.0 out of 5 stars You'll want to read it over and over again, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Dog Called Homeless (Paperback)
I really loved this book and even though there were a lot of tears, the writing and characters were beautiful. It's such a beautiful story that you'll want to read over and over again. I think this book is ideal for teenagers and adults also, don't be fooled by the many pages the book has - the print is very spaced out. I'll admit I was a bit surprised by how big the book was, even though once you've started reading it will be impossible to stop.

A Horse for Angel
A Horse for Angel

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for adults too, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Horse for Angel (Paperback)
I ended up reading this in one night as I wanted to find out more about the girls. It is beautifully written with very detailed characters and although it is aimed at pre-teens I think adults will enjoy it too. These books will definitely remain on anyone's book shelves for years to come.

The Forever Whale
The Forever Whale

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Forever Whale (Paperback)
This is yet another beautiful book by Sarah Lean, this one deals with a very sensitive issue but in a way that still brings hope and also shows the love between a family at such times. Having lost someone close to me with Alzheimer's this made me cry a lot but more because it's such a shattering disease and even adults struggle to explain it let alone a child having to see someone they love go through it.

This is beautifully handled by Sarah Lean and I will be sure to look out for more books from her.

Pink Slips and Glass Slippers
Pink Slips and Glass Slippers

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect beach reading, 23 July 2013
I found the book to be of two halves, the first half was pretty dull and dragged on and then the second half it all happened so quickly and I couldn't put it down. There is a slight chance that had I not been reading this for a review that I might have given up with it but I carried on trying with the early chapters. I would say that the book is worth reading but don't add it to the top of your pile.

This would make great beach/holiday reading. There's enough romance and some hot sexy scenes

The Harvesting
The Harvesting

3.0 out of 5 stars Much more than a zombie story!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: The Harvesting (Kindle Edition)
The Harvesting is more than a zombie story which is good as it would obviously get compared straight away to The Walking Dead series as soon as you mention zombies... yes you know it happens. Again we have a strong female lead (I need to get away from female leads and yes I realise as a woman that it sounds weird to say that) and the book is non stop action and excitement. But this has zombies, vampires and even more so don't worry about it being just your average zombie story - it is so much more.

I would definitely read the next part as the cliffhanger was annoying but I really would like the author to concentrate more on the other characters a bit more. Half of the story/idea is really well thought out but the characterisation of the characters and especially Layla, she just didn't develop throughout. There was no progression of her character through everything that she had gone through.

Heavenly Hell: 1
Heavenly Hell: 1
by Aria Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer read!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Heavenly Hell: 1 (Paperback)
I liked this book but it did take a couple of chapters to really pull me into the story. I really enjoyed the two person POV side, although Nate did infuriate me at times but hey obviously I got too into the story.

Indiana is a kick ass female and smart too. You can like her almost instantly and all the characters in the book link so well together. As well as taking a while for me to get into I also found the ending was quite rushed and that's why this is only getting 4 loveys from me. I hope there is going to be another book following on from this one as I would like to see where this story goes next.

As we head into Summer now I think this is another perfect for your Summer holidays, plus Nate as annoying as he was at times sounds gorgeous ;-)

Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison Vampire Series, #1)
Blood of the Son (Skye Morrison Vampire Series, #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but could be better, 23 July 2013
This is the first of the Skye Morrison series and I had noticed a few people had likened it to the Sookie Stackhouse series. I probably shouldn't have read that opinion before I got to reading this book as I was a bit disappointed.

The plot is very simple, Skye wants a new job and goes to work at the club Archer runs. She thinks he's hot and also finds his brother Jameson attractive, she then finds out they are vampires. The problem exists in that the book is too long, it would have worked as a novella introducing the series as the major plot happens towards the end of the scene. Before that it's all a bit needless and some of the writing seemed a bit stunted. I have read #2 and I enjoyed it more than this one. But everyone has to start somewhere right?

This has possibly been the most difficult book to grade in loveys as I had so much promise for the book which was not the author's fault but anticipation aside, this book could have been a lot shorter and made into a much more appreciated novella to start the series.

Sins of the Father (Skye Morrison Vampire Series, #2)
Sins of the Father (Skye Morrison Vampire Series, #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better book by book, 23 July 2013
This review really carries on from what I had written about #1 but with one slight change of thought. These two books would have been a better first book, cutting out all the pointless bits and just sticking with the plot. This would have made a consistent good first book, instead this #2 carries on the same theme as the first. I find myself reading bits wondering why it has been included.

Throughout that negativity I really like the character of Skye and the cliff hanger at the end of Book #2 will leave you wanting more. I'm not quite sure how McCoy does it but she keeps me reading and reading despite the flaws. I am either incredibly fussy or she knows exactly how to pull in the reader at the right moment.

I hope it's the latter ;-)

Better from McCoy.

Running Like a Girl
Running Like a Girl
by Alexandra Heminsley

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun book with a positive message :), 23 July 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
Although she can run much better than me I still found the book witty and true. I have heard that this makes a great audiobook which I will have to pick up as I will wane off running again soon I'm sure.

A fun book with a positive message :)