Profile for hairway2steven > Reviews

Easy Click Cartridges Aqua Flow 100 2 Pcs
Offered by FishAround Ltd
Price: 6.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Def filter, deaf fish, 11 Nov 2012
I have never kept fish before so my experience of filters is limited only to this, however, the fish were swiftly relegated to the hall based on the noise. This is one water feature that did not help to relax. Having said that I do like the concept of clicking in the cartridges and have had no problems with clogging, personally or in the tank. I do only have a 24 litre tank and 5 fish within. 3 Zebra Fish and 2 Metallic Barbs. If I talk to them they don't respond and I suspect this is due to the noise of the filter, however, I can still see them even toward the end of the month and I guess that crowns the filter with glory. It does what its supposed to. As I understand it fish are often flighty in conversation and signing is hazardous at best for them and lacking a dorsal fin I have a vocabulary that is reduced by half. Maybe they will never understand me but this has only diminished my enjoyment by the width of a pea.

NEEWER New Nunchuck and Remote Controller Set For Nintendo Wii
NEEWER New Nunchuck and Remote Controller Set For Nintendo Wii
Offered by iTekLife Global
Price: 15.31

3.0 out of 5 stars All style no substance, 11 Nov 2012
As previously stated by other reviewers great price and good looking product. A match for the original. After six months of intermittent use however the nunchuck has sadly fallen by the wayside. The controller itself is still going but the games we play seem to all involve the use of a nunchuck. Harumph. I will be buying a Nintendo Nunchuck to replace this one as we have had no problems with the original that came with the console. Worthwhile purchase if all you want is a controller and only very occasional use of a nunchuck.

Garmin Edge 200 GPS Cycling Computer
Garmin Edge 200 GPS Cycling Computer
Price: 82.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 20 May 2012
I am training to do my first triathlon and my aldi cycle computer had just turned up its toes. Rather than buy something similar I wanted a device that could aid me with my running as well. If you have arrived here having trawled the many products out there you may well be in the same cold "how can I justify the price of that" sweat that I was in. The solution came, for me, in the shape of the edge 200. This GPS computer is aimed at cycling as the title gives away but it is compact and light enough to take with you on a run and will record exactly the same information. Thanks to the online set up that Garmin provide I have found it easy to start tracking my progress and a range of different routes. Performance is easy to monitor and with the calander facility on the website you can even include days that you have swum. I am not overly serious about the triathlon but I did want to keep track of any improvements in run and cycle times. I have no need for a heart rate monitor, I think you know if the red-zone is approaching and if I want to measure cadence in either running or cycling then I still have a watch and the ability to count to aid me. If you want a relatively low cost way to improve performance then I have found this an incredibly handy tool and would recommend it to anyone that doesnt want to over-complicate or overspend.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 9:35 AM BST

Mens Black Velcro Fleece Bootee Slippers - Black/Navy - UK 12
Mens Black Velcro Fleece Bootee Slippers - Black/Navy - UK 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Pensioner I am not, 26 Nov 2010
OK, it has been pointed out to me that this particular slipper sits happily in the realm of the pensioner and should not be utilised by a male who is sub 40 yrs. However, never one to adhere to the mandate of looks over comfort I thought I would give them a whirl. It turns out that they are my dream slipper. No more annoying dragging of the footwear, no stepping out of them by accident and I can tread with confidence, if not style, outside the confines of the house to the bin or the garage....maybe I do need a pipe to go with these slippers but if your needs rank at the level of needing a slipper to stay on and hug the foot then this could be your lucky day.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably Good, 26 Nov 2010
Given the comparitive cost of this product I dont suppose I was expecting perfection but I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the finish. The decoration on the guard is great and the guard itself is stable enough to withstand a bashing by small inquisitive hands without wobbling or toppling. Thumbs up, unburned.