Profile for Jo > Reviews

Jo

Not in Front of the Corgis: Secrets of Life Behind the Royal Curtains
Not in Front of the Corgis: Secrets of Life Behind the Royal Curtains

4.0 out of 5 stars Light read, 28 April 2014
Interesting light read of amusing and interesting facts.If they are to be believed?
A little repetition but I still enjoyed the book.

The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir
The Duchess of Windsor: A Memoir

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good light read., 24 Nov 2013
Fascinating behind the scenes account of the royal family the power of the government and the people at the time.

Gisela Graham Wooden Sailing Boat Ship Nautical Wind Up Music Box
Gisela Graham Wooden Sailing Boat Ship Nautical Wind Up Music Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Spinning boats, 17 July 2013
I loved everything about this little box, attractive colours,its sturdy and the boats spin around like magic when wound up.I bought this for a gift so was a little disappointed with the box which was plain white with no information, thought it deserved a better presentation for the price and wasn't sure about age suitability. A lovely gift for adult supervision or older child.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars To Print or Not to Print, 5 Feb 2012
Yes I agree with the previous reviewer.They do seem expensive at the time of buying.
They have only lasted about four months but I have done lots of printing b/w and colour .
I think it works out to approx £3.00 per week.I certainly wish they cost less but they do a good job so have just bought another set .

Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest
Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Pirate, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pirate Chest (Toy)
I chose this Pirate Chest because it looked sturdy , my Grandson who is five years can be heavy handed ,three months later its still in one piece.

Inspired by the people that hid theirs in the snow ,I filled the Pirate Chest with old jewellery ,an old silver cup (from friends and charity shops )and chocolate coins .
My daughter made a map and hid the chest in the garden . Great fun was had by all tracking it down and my granson was thrilled with the Pirate Chest and contents which also included two old donated watches. It really looked like a hidden treasure chest.

A really great buy.