Profile for IsItMe? > Reviews

Content by IsItMe?

IsItMe? (Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (PC/Mac)
Price: 44.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me at all, 8 May 2014
I tried the trial of this on two machines....a pretty decrepit old thing that runs XP with an old version of Premiere Elements and a modern Win7 i7 machine...the app. takes an age to load then crashes out on both.

I don't think it's me, and there's little common between the two machines.

So, can't review the app it doesn't work - but don't buy it without trying the trail version

TSSS 127 LED Lights included RGB Stage Lighting support DMX512 Best Choice For Wedding Party Birthday Pub Show DJ Music Par Can creating a perfect atmosphere~
Offered by TSSS
Price: 20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 26 April 2014
I'm amazed they can knock these out for 17...but they do and for the price I think they're pretty good.

Case and bracket are ok - though I'm not sure they'd stand the rough-and-tumble of daily rigging.

The light from them is a bit odd in that it's (as shown in the pics) different segments of colour from LEDs that aren't necessary pointing in the same direction - so whist you get all sort of funny coloured fringing/shadows on mixing colours (you can see this in the pictures too).Consider it a feature rather than a flaw.

The levels on DMX are not exactly linear so they go from nothing to really quite bright in about 50 steps and then much less happens up from that....a bit of non-linear curve on the controller and response is much better - a bit "steppy" at very low levels.

So...I bought one just as a play thing to do test a DMX interface....and impressed enough to have bought another.

The "manual" is little more than is explained in the listing....still doesn't go to explain what SLAV or ColF actually means but easy to set up and use.

So...I don't reckon it's gonna last long-term but for the price pretty impressed.

The Steam Era - Blackmore Vale & The Bluebell [DVD]
The Steam Era - Blackmore Vale & The Bluebell [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Steam Era
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated...and not much about Blackmore Vale, 9 Mar 2014
The original material is from 1987 and very dated - and the quality is often poor - and that's not even the vintage footage.

There's not much about the Blackmore Vale itself and ultimately there seem to be endless shots of various passing locomotives to pad it out to just short of an hour

So...pretty disappointed really...

Morphy Richards 43830 43832 43833 43836 43837 Kettle Spout Filter Genuine. Part number 02079
Offered by L.M Electrical Spares LTD
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to get excited about..., 22 Nov 2013
...but fits the kettle listed.

Gotta ask whether more than a fiver is worth it for a filter when you can buy a whole new kettle for that - (albeit an inferior model)

BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 3 User 1 Year
BitDefender AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 3 User 1 Year
Price: 22.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Something dodgy going on, 27 July 2013
Tried the demo of this...installed without issue.

What make me un-install it immediately is that it messes comprehensively with your security certificates - so all your most private sites are no longer validated direct with who they should be (Thawte or Verisign or whoever) but get "intercepted" by Bitdefender.

Not happy...don't trust it that much

1:10 Mad Monkey 2wd Buggy Kit
1:10 Mad Monkey 2wd Buggy Kit
Offered by Colditz-Modellbau
Price: 72.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but..., 3 Jun 2013
Headline cost doesn't include radio or batteries which basically doubles the cost. Worth adding about 15 for bearing kit too which replaces metal bushes with proper bearings for wheels and gearbox.

It's a good looking car, and not too bad to assemble - though a bit hard on the fingers screwing Allen bolts into unthreaded plastic holes. Unlike Tamiya the couple of tools that would have been really useful (small Allen key and a box spanner) aren't supplied.

There are two mistakes in the instructions - I had to go and take stuff apart to be able to assemble it....this was just tedious rather than major disaster.

The diff though seems to have been positively designed to slip which is tedious as it takes the whole power of the motor to the back wheels and the instructions very vague for how to set it up.

We've used it a moderate amount and the shock absorbers fell apart so I upgraded to some metal ones which improved performance too.

The rear spoiler (and indeed the rest of the body) is like ice-cream tub and unfortunately where it sticks up is almost certain to split and break first time you roll it over (which you will).

This is my third RC car - both previous have been Tamiya....for the price it seems OK but the diff' doesn't work properly - I guess keeping costs down compromised the design and my research suggests there's no way to upgrade to a geared differential. Gearbox is integral to the back of the car and I'm not looking forward to taking it all to pieces when I inevitably have to strip the diff down.

Sony XDRC706DBP DAB+/DAB Digital Clock Radio
Sony XDRC706DBP DAB+/DAB Digital Clock Radio
Offered by K.K. Electronics
Price: 57.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought two......returned two...., 7 April 2013
Bought two for my kids to make my life a bit easier on school mornings.

DAB a bit flaky without the aerial extended out from the back of the bedside cupboard but FM is ok.

Display is ok "on axis" but look at it at an angle and it's pretty indistinct. Backlight has manual adjustment setting but it's either too bright at nighttime or too dim for a time-check during the day.

This device suffers too from too many functions for not enough buttons - setting the clock seems to take a very large number of button pushes.

Seemed to be working OK for a few months - but then the Mrs noticed that it briefly forgot about daylight saving offset around 8pm - would suddenly show 7pm again before correcting itself.

A bit odd...

Then discovered by chance that instead of showing 11:28pm it showed d888 (all segments on the display illuminated). This was 100% reproducible on both clocks which makes me think it's a batch problem or design flaw rather than individual device fault. I have an earlier model of the same kinda thing and it works fine - this is why I bought two more.

So...I'm not sure I'd trust them to tell the time properly or to wake anyone up.

Contacted Amazon who weren't obliged to do much except point me at the manufacturer - but have offered up-front refund and a returns label.

WELL DONE AMAZON...really impressed!

Not so well done Sony...though I can't say if this is a universal problem with this device (I've noted other reviewers with issues) and may only apply to certain batches.

Zeikos 0.18x Super Fisheye Auxiliary Lens w/ 52mm 58mm Adatper for Digital SLR Cameras Lens

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible "lens", 26 Mar 2013
Very very soft round the edges - the very first shot I took I could tell it was soft even full frame on a two and a half inch viewfinder (I uploaded an image to Amazon so that you can see).

It's physically well made - feels sturdy, quite heavy perhaps for hanging off the front of an SLR but fails in it's fundamental purpose of extreme wide angle pictures that you might actually want to look at and use.

I wasn't expecting perfection for the price but this really is bad (I'm hoping my image has made the Amazon listing so you can make your own judgement).

I'm guessing there's a reason why the Canon extreme wide angle lens I really wanted costs literally 20 times more - this thing is absolutely no substitute.

Maybe mine is faulty...or incompatible with a Canon 1100D....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2014 10:18 PM GMT

Kodak ESP C310 All-In-One WiFi Printer for Print, Copy and Scan
Kodak ESP C310 All-In-One WiFi Printer for Print, Copy and Scan

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL printer, 3 Aug 2012
I was swayed by the Kodak "cheap ink" thing...which experience shows is not actually true. I'm a pretty light-user of a printer and wouldn't have expected to be on my 3rd set of cartridges by now. It's certainly not helped by excessive head-cleaning required which wastes ink - one time seven successive cleans before the streaks disappeared.

As a printer it's ok, docs come out pretty well, photos on proper paper and highest quality are ok - I can't comment on longevity of these prints.

As a document scanner/copier it's been absolutely fine - though as a photo scanner/copier it's really not that good - colours are not good and things like hair on photographs comes out muddy and unnatural. Certainly it's very poor compared to an old photo scanner I was hoping it would replace.

Wireless just seems to work - no problems, it works as a basic printer and document copier and maybe I expect too much of it with photos?

So...it's doing the job, but I'm left wondering if something else would have been better.

==============================
UPDATE - AFTER 9 MONTHS OF USE
==============================

The original title of this review was "It's not an awful printer...it's just not very good..." I've revised that as you can see above and driven the score down to 1.

It IS an awful printer....the last set of cartridges did precisely 23 pages before telling me they needed replacing (I kept a manual record) - all of which were text documents with no more than a few logos etc.

Turning the printer on for what turned out to be the last time ate 15% of the remaining 30% ink without actually doing anything and printing 3 pages of mono text ate another 5%.

Another reviewer posted similar figures....and I hadn't believed it, except that my own experience says it's true.

What a rip off....it's literally been thrown (with some venom) in the bin.

Good Enough
Good Enough
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a good pop song, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Good Enough (MP3 Download)
A great old fashioned pop song, a bit of contrast and a free kinda style. I love it - a hint of something of The Beatles in the middle there too.

It's a bit over-produced, but otherwise what's not to like?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4