Profile for M. Ivanova > Reviews

Content by M. Ivanova

M. Ivanova "i_am_she_wolf" (London, uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Among You: The Extraordinary True Story of a Soldier Broken by War
Among You: The Extraordinary True Story of a Soldier Broken by War
by Jake Wood
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw, honest, painful, heartbreaking..., 11 Jun 2014
Loved it!
Not just guts and glory, but what comes with it... What our grandfather didn't talk and how many soldiers come broken after the war...
Hat off for raising the issue of PTSD, more needs to be done to help our boys!

The Legacy
The Legacy
by Katherine Webb
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
What a beautiful book! Hs 3 diferent times visited, one 150 years ago, another 20 years ago and last one is right now. Touches so many lives, So much suffering, human pain and depression, but the book is quite upbeat, very enjojable, unfolds all the time and keeps you wanting more. Can't wait for another one of the same author.

The Rise and Fall of the Queen of Suburbia: A Black-Hearted Soap Opera
The Rise and Fall of the Queen of Suburbia: A Black-Hearted Soap Opera
by Sarah May
Price: 6.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh. My. God., 16 July 2010
This book is most depressing book I've ever read! I was ready for some light funny reading, but this is wrong... It's crude, describes every demon that humans posses, from the worst side possible... No good qualities ever mentioned! Just infidelities, jealousy, shallowness, depression, teen angst, cruelty to animals, nervous break downs and so on...If that what normal life usually looks like, I must be insanely happy! As my life is nothing like that, but I live in similar suburbs and have similar situation...

Little Dorrit [DVD] [2008]
Little Dorrit [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful adoptation! Better than the book!!!, 12 Oct 2009
This review is from: Little Dorrit [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I found the book too long and too many details, the adaptation is perfect!
Story flows better than Dickens wrote it! And such beauty of BBC classics as you come to love and expect.
Definitely buy it!!

Daughter of Venice
Daughter of Venice
by Donna Jo Napoli

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!!, 16 April 2008
This review is from: Daughter of Venice (Paperback)
I couldn't put it down! Was so engrossed in the world of ancient Venice... I love the city, that's why I decided to read this book, but Donata's world is so different and interesting.
I read the book in one go in one day, and pity now that there are no more books about Donata and her Venice.
If you liked that book, I'd recommend Mary Hoffman's trilogy of "Stravaganza" books, it has a bit of fantasy, but mostly is about similar time in ancient Italy: Venice, Florence and Rome. And it involves mostly teens too.

Touching Darkness: Number 2 in series (Midnighters)
Touching Darkness: Number 2 in series (Midnighters)
by Scott Westerfeld
Price: 7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece!, 25 Aug 2007
Book 2 about our midnighters and the fight is getting more and more dangerous!
There are real dangers that kids are facing, and this time it's not only slithers and darklings, it's humans too, the ones that have no business in blue hour. Now every night is real possibilities that one of them will not be back.
And there may be someone from way before their time still surviving on the town..
Another amazing book from Westerfeld!

The Secret Hour: Number 1 in series (Midnighters)
The Secret Hour: Number 1 in series (Midnighters)
by Scott Westerfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and gripping!, 25 Aug 2007
I discovered this book by accident, but I fell in love imediatly and wanted more! And thank God there were 2 more books!
I love the first one, this one, grips you from the beginning and never let's you go... If you lose concentration, you may not make it alive (which is more about heroes, not reader:))
Girl moves to small town where she is drown to strange crowd of goth looking teenagers, but not all as it seems, they are the good ones and trying to survive in the midnight blue hour when ancient things go bump and no technology works is a harsh reality of this odd group of outsiders, because they are the only ones moving in blue hour...

This book is amazing, just like the rest of trilogy!

The Lake House [DVD] [2006]
The Lake House [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and mesmerizing..., 24 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Lake House [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I disagree with person before me. Although the review very well explains the film, and I got the feeling that the film was liked, it was still given only 2 stars.

I, on the other hand, found this film very romantic and beautifully shot, the acting is really good! The film is full of surprises and you never know what next page of their correspondence is going to bring you. You can feel their love, their joy and their pain... This film is one of the rare ones that make you feel like you in there with them, it's open but intimate enough...

The feeling that they share, being single and lonely and of alike minds, I wish I had a soulmate like that somewhere, even if 2 years apart...

It reminded me "Sweet November" and "City of Angels", got the same feeling to it... Love story with sadness to it, and impossibility being together... Although in Lake House they got together in the end, and I'm so happy for them.

If you like that kind of film, you will definitely love this one, I highly recommend it!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2013 7:58 AM BST

Underworld 2 - Evolution [DVD]
Underworld 2 - Evolution [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant!!!, 5 May 2006
I loved the first one, and was a bit afraid to see this one, because usually first ones are better, but this is fun! If in the first one it was pretty much in one city, now they travel a lot, well, on the run! And we get to see different places, new people, more background, LOVED IT!

Merlin's Apprentice (Merlin 2) [DVD]
Merlin's Apprentice (Merlin 2) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Neill

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 April 2006
I thought it was brilliant film and part two to the first one. So beautiffly shot and the actors and characters are great!!!

My advice to everyone who loved the first one to buy it!

I loved it!