Profile for Ali > Reviews

Content by Ali

Ali "Alison Harris" (Belfast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 7 Sep 2014
I can't say anything else but brilliant. In fact it is one of the best Teacher books for a while. Totally absorbing & fantastically twisted. In other words - perfect. Buy it, it won't disappoint.

The Racketeer
The Racketeer

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a chore to be honest, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
There is nothing I love better than I good legal thriller and for quite some time John Grisham's books have always delivered. However I have to say I feel really let down by this one. Normally my family complain when I get 'into' a good book as I shut everything else out, no complaints this time as I had to literally force myself to finish this book. The story is ok but could've been better written. I, as others, qusssed the ending quite early on. All in all a very surprising, disappointing read.

Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World Book 1)
Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD read but..., 28 July 2014
While I have to say I enjoyed this book, I did feel it was more of an introduction to the next one. This book sets out the backgrounds, the lands, the people and their history for the second book in the series. I felt the second half was a more enjoyable read and it started to get me really interested. I loved, and have to admit was shocked by, the twist before the end I really did not see that coming so well done to the authors. As for me I'm all fired up & ready for book No. 2'

The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, Book 9)
The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars As always......, 26 Jun 2014
I just live the Ben Hope books and this one was no exception. A fab story told at a blinding pace. Scott Mariani is very very talented. Every time I finish one of these books I just want more. If you're not a Ben Hope fan read them all you won't be disappointed; and if you are, boy you are in for a treat. Roll on the next one.

World Escape
World Escape

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: World Escape (App)
Great game. Not too hard or easy but it does make you think and definitely take note. Once again the developers have done a brilliant job.

The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely game, 12 Jun 2014
Really enjoying this game. It is just about right on the challenge level, not too easy but not too frustrating either. Only drawback is you either have to wait for things or spend money to progress which I dislike.

Redemption: Chosen #4 (The Chosen)
Redemption: Chosen #4 (The Chosen)

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st class, 10 Jun 2014
This entire series is brilliant. Once I'd read book one there was nothing I could do but read the rest immediately. No doubt you will be the same. ENJOY!!!

Chosen: Chosen #1 (The Chosen)
Chosen: Chosen #1 (The Chosen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 5 Jun 2014
The beginning of this book has you hooked very quickly. However if you think you have the story Sussex, BEWARE!! The twist is so unpredicted but the book then gets really gripping. Excellent book and story telling. I can't wait to read the next one.

The Forbidden Tomb (The Hunters 2)
The Forbidden Tomb (The Hunters 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as always, 19 May 2014
I love the stories this author tells. How he manages to do all his research and still write are beyond me. This book is really detailed. It tells a wonderful fictional story. The characters become friends. I have laughed with them, recoiled with them, even felt their pain at times. I have definitely been amazed with them and I have cried with them. A fabulous book worth reading although it may take over your life for a day or two. Can't wait for the next one.

A Rule of Queens (Book #13 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Rule of Queens (Book #13 in the Sorcerer's Ring)

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD but..., 16 May 2014
Although I enjoyed reading this book thoroughly, and found it much much better than the last, I really do not see how the author can stretch the story much further. In this book I felt she had repeated somethings, especially when Thor & his brothers start to enter the world of the dead. This reminded me of the setting back in an earlier book when Elden and co had to go through a similar cave/cavern. All I ask is that the author, who obviously has talent, does not endanger her talent by getting greedy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7