Profile for A. Kinson > Reviews

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout
Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy mobile keyboard, 23 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst the wedge mobile keyboard is designed primarily for Windows tablets / machines, it does work on Apple products (I use it with a first generation IPad).

Pairing via Bluetooth was quick once I'd found out that after entering the code on the iPad, you needed to press return. The instructions with the keyboard are very basic and not clear.

The keyboard is a good size and the cover doubles as a very useful tablet stand.

The keys are responsive and are a good size for such a small keyboard.

If using on an Apple device, I would suggest getting an Apple keyboard, so you can navigate around the screen. But for Windows devices, the Wedge mobile keyboard is a good product.

Dove Maximum Protection Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Dove Maximum Protection Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars roll on, roll off, 17 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
(Reviewed by Mrs Kinson.)This deodorant is a cream based formula that you dispense by clicking the scroll wheel on the base of the container. This brings the deodorant to the upper surface so that you can then apply it easily to the armpit by rolling it back and forth.

The deodorant is not sticky and does not sting, even after shaving. The fragrance is fresh and clean but not over powering.

The literature enclosed with the pack indicates you can apply it at night, shower the next morning and it will continue to protect you throughout the day and for up to 48 hours. This is probably useful for festival goers or when you are on long journeys, where access to washing facilities can be difficult. Although I like the fresh fragrance and easy to apply formula of this deodorant I think it is a little over priced (hence the 4 stars).

WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 - Silver
WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 - Silver
Offered by Novum_Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast transfer, 10 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't have USB 3.0 ports on any of my PC's, so I can't comment on whether this is an improvement, but transferring music and video via USB 2 was quick and painless.

This 2TB Portable Hard Drive is not the lightest portable HD I own, but it has more capacity than my other portable drives so that's understandable. The My passport's dimensions make it pretty unobtrusive sitting on my desk.

I haven't (and probably won't) use the installed software (that includes password protection and hardware encryption) as I'm just using the drive to manually backup selected files. But compared to my other (1TB) large portable drive, which is four times bigger than this My passport drive, this 2TB drive fits in with my limited desk space, and can easily be popped into a rucksack when used away from home.

If you are looking for a large capacity drive, for use at home and away from home, this WD My Passport may tick all the boxes.

Philips GU10 35 Watt MV Master LED Spot 4, 4000 K, Cool White
Philips GU10 35 Watt MV Master LED Spot 4, 4000 K, Cool White
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

5.0 out of 5 stars White light, white heat, 10 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sorry for the Velvet Underground song title in the review. How else can you title a review for a bulb?

Anyway, only time will tell regarding the lifespan of this Philips GU10 35 Watt LED Spot. For some reason, bulbs never seem to last very long in my house, especially in the kitchen where this LED spot now sits. So I'm hoping that the 25,000 hours description for the lifetime of this LED spot is accurate.

Compared to my non LED spots, the light emitted is much whiter, which is fine, as overtime I hope to replace all my bulbs with LED, and so it won't seem out of place. Also, the casing around the LED makes them look nicer than my cheaper halogen bulbs in the light fitting.

Philips SHL3300/00 DJ Style Foldable Headphones for 2200MW High Power
Philips SHL3300/00 DJ Style Foldable Headphones for 2200MW High Power
Offered by Branded and New

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value DJ style headphones, 23 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the design and build of the Philips SHL3300/00 DJ Style Headphones. They feel like they were built to last, fold into an easily transportable size (unlike more fixed headphones) and although I will never use them for DJ'ing, they are also good for musicians use (being able to cup to one ear whilst discussing with band members / mixing tracks is a design bonus).

For the price, the sound quality is good, though I find them a little bass heavy, but that might be more my personal listening preference.

They are good at blocking out ambient noise, so you can immerse yourself in the music without distraction. The lead is also a good length, as some headphones have leads that are too long and get easily tangled.

They do feel slightly heavier than my other main headphones, so I personally do not find them comfortable for extended use, but otherwise, for £50 they are good value headphones.

Iams Cat Food ProActive Health Mature & Senior With Wild Ocean Fish & Chicken 2.55kg
Offered by Suffolk Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, and good value for money, 18 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My cats prefer this Ocean Fish flavour to the other Iams dry cat food I have given them recently. They are aged between 11 and 12 (though the cat who is 12 is a rescued cat so we are not 100% sure of her age) and they are fussy with dry cat food, and are not keen on other (often cheaper) brands, so we usually stick with Iams.

The only negative comment about these 2.55 kg bags is the lack of resealable packaging, so we will have to buy airtight containers to store the opened food. Otherwise, for quality and value, I would have given these biscuits 5 stars.

Iams Cat Food ProActive Health Adult With Norwegian Salmon and Chicken 3 kg - Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 18 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 3 cats (yes I have 3, glutton for punishment) have always enjoyed their Iams biscuits, and they certainly don't turn their nose up at this salmon flavour.

The 3kg bag will last a long while - the only problem is the bag is not sealable, so it's difficult to keep the large quantity of biscuits fresh. I think I need to invest in some airtight containers for storage once opened. But otherwise, this Iams dry cat food is good value and good quality. One star taken off for the lack of resealable packaging.

XMI Xmini Max Duo Portable Mini Speakers for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Gun Metal Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Pack a tidy punch, 11 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The XMI Xmini Max Duo Portable Mini Speakers are the best-sounding portable speakers I have owned. They are the perfect size (and weight) to pop in your hand luggage when you are away from home.

They are magnetic, so stick together for easy storage. The Xmini's lead tucks away under the speaker base, and they can be stored in the included drawstring bag.

I have used them to play music through my iPhone, and the sound if full, with a nice bass response. They will obviously never compete with larger, powered speakers, but for portable listening, they sound great. They can also be used to replace tinny laptop speakers, but I can't comment on that as I've only used on my iPhone so far.

I have previously used a single Xmini speaker, bought a year ago, but the XMI Xmini Max Duo looks better (slightly smaller and less round)with a sound quality that's just as good.

Coriolanus [DVD] [2011]
Coriolanus [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Ralph Fiennes

2.0 out of 5 stars Bloodied, brutal, didn't enjoy it!, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Coriolanus [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Personally, I didn't enjoy this film. The modern day setting vs original Shakespearian language just didn't work for me. From what I do know of the original story, the modern day setting does seem to work well in the context of the play, but seeing modern day soldiers running around speaking the way the play was written just seemed...odd.

If you're not a big fan of Shakespeare then you may find the language fairly hard to follow; on paper you have the time to take in what everyone is saying but on screen it all goes so fast that I often had to second guess a lot of what was going on. Although the cast is strong, the lines are spoken as though they were in a theatre production rather than a feature film, which made the dialogue seem awkward and forced in places. You just didn't get the impression that these characters talked like this everyday.

The cinematography is great, the acting is for the most part rather good, but this film just didn't hit the mark for me.

Pipetto Luxury Leather Classic iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S Case - Brown
Pipetto Luxury Leather Classic iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S Case - Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, slight niggles, 13 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Pipetto iPhone 5 flipcase certainly looks great, and feels like good quality leather.

The two issues I have with the design are:

1. The bottom of the case slightly obscures the iPhone's Home button, so at times I find myself having to push the phone up slightly.

That's a minor, liveable with inconvenience, but:

2. Attaching the iPhone to a docking station with the case in situ is impossible (as the Apple adapter needs to fut snugly to the iPhone and this case gets in the way) So every night when I put my phone on my Bose docking station I have to slide it out of it's case. This is a more annoying inconvenience and the case loses a star because of this.

Otherwise, everything else is fine - the camera slot is not obscured by the case, the lightning connector slots in ok, but bear in mind the inconvenience if you have to attach to a docking station, you may have issues (that my previous iPhone 5 case did not have).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17