Profile for Veronica Setterhall > Reviews

Content by Veronica Sette...

Veronica Setterhall "V-kaos" (Lisbon, Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Chrome Trim Fountain Pen Medium Nib (Blister Pack)
Offered by Pen-Sale

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, but a bit thin., 24 April 2012
I have owned two previous Parker pens and they were both of a bit higher price range (3-4 times more than this one). Taking that in consideration this one is keeping up well with the other ones, but for my taste it is a bit thin to hold. Being left-handed I grip pens in a bit different way and prefer something a bit thicker to hold. Besides that the pen is excellent and the tip releases exactly the right amount of ink for my taste. I would recommend it to anyone who wants something nice to write with that isn't far too expensive. Compared with buying disposable pens this one will pay off pretty fast!

2012 Safavid  Mini Diary (Paperblanks Diary)
2012 Safavid Mini Diary (Paperblanks Diary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet one more beautiful Paperblanks agenda., 17 Dec. 2011
I have been using Paperblanks agendas for the last 3 years and I'm completely hooked.
They feature beautiful, unique designs - especially if you are like me and enjoy historical manuscripts a lot.
The quality is very good and lasts the full year, even for a person like me who checks it every five minutes.
The layout of the weekly agendas is very practical since you get a good overview of the week and it has enough space to write on + a corner for additional notes.
I also like the paper that is a bit yellow-toned.
This specific one I completely fell in love with as soon as I saw it. It features a very intricate design that is printed in matte and metallic colours and is also embossed on the cover.
I will cherish this item during 2012 for sure!

Improve Your Teaching!: An Essential Handbook for Instrumental and Singing Teachers (Faber Edition: Improve Your Teaching)
by Paul Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent and inspiring book for any music teacher!, 31 May 2011
This book pinpoints all things about good teaching and gives you new angles on how you can improve your teaching and develop together with your students.

I just loved it and every page has a lot of yellow highlighting. This book I will go back to every now and then to check out how I'm doing and what I can improve on.

Rather than giving you rigid rules it gives inspiration on how you can approach your teaching in a new and more creative way to not get stuck using the same method, same teaching book and exercises for each student year after year. This book helps you see each student's potential and individuality.

Keeping Your Nerve!: Confidence Boosting Strategies for the Performer (Faber Edition)
by Kate Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much practical advise., 31 May 2011
This book doesn't really keep its promises.
I thought I had bought a book giving more practical advise on how to deal with performance anxiety, but it really just scratches the surface.
If already understanding the mechanism behind performance anxiety and its manifestations, this book brings nothing new.
I was hoping to get some more practical exercises to help prevent it, and in that case I'd say Mind Over Matter: A Handbook for Musicians to Help You Overcome Performance Anxiety is a much better choice - which I'm now reading and enjoying a lot.

Pure French Lavender 10ml
Pure French Lavender 10ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good oil, 31 May 2011
I truly liked the scent of this type of lavender. It goes well with other scents I've mixed it with and seems to help in healing dry skin faster.

Cinnamon Leaf Pure Essential Oil 10ml
Cinnamon Leaf Pure Essential Oil 10ml

4.0 out of 5 stars More like clove than cinnamon., 31 May 2011
This oil had a bit much clove "touch" to it in my opinion. Other cinnamon leaf oils I've tried have more the character of cinnamon, even though some say this type of oil generally is more like clove in the scent.

Pure Rosehip Seed Oil 50ml
Pure Rosehip Seed Oil 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and clean oil of good quality., 31 May 2011
Nice rosehip seed oil of good quality. It has not been mixed out with anything else and I like the texture it gives to creams I have made. It can also be used directly on the skin and works brilliantly.

Jasmine Floral Water 100ml
Jasmine Floral Water 100ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as I expected., 31 May 2011
This review is from: Jasmine Floral Water 100ml (Misc.)
I was with the idea that Jasmine floral water would, like rose floral water, have a scent of the original flower. This water has no smell whatsoever, but the texture seems different from ordinary tap water at least, so I guess it's of ok quality.

Pure Peppermint Piperita Essential Oil 10ml
Pure Peppermint Piperita Essential Oil 10ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong quality., 31 May 2011
Simply packed in the typical bottles you usually see for essential oils, which I find work fine to dose with. The oil has a good, strong quality. I recommend it.

Vocal Warm-ups: 200 Exercises for Choral and Solo Singers
Vocal Warm-ups: 200 Exercises for Choral and Solo Singers
by Klaus Heizmann

4.0 out of 5 stars Great explanations and division into sections, but quite some similarities., 31 May 2011
A great collection of vocal exercises divided into well chosen sections so you know what they are suitable for. Also the book has a good introduction of good vocal tips, breathing exercises and posture-training. The only negative thing I can say about it is possibly that some of the vocal exercises are quite similar to each other. There could have been some room for a few more that explores alterations in harmonies and some with different voices to work on intonation, not only in one single note.

Page: 1 | 2