Profile for Joyce > Reviews

Content by Joyce

Joyce

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Vitamin K2 MK-7 100mcg 60 Capsules from Natural Natto - GBP Quality UK Manufactured Bone Support Supplement
Offered by Troo Nutrition

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!!, 2 April 2015
This didn't suit me at all. Caused diarrhoea which ended as soon as I stopped taking the capsules. I've gone back to my usual brand which seems to suit me better.

Tablet Bargains - Vitamin C 1000mg with Rosehip & Bioflavonoids - 360 Tablets
Tablet Bargains - Vitamin C 1000mg with Rosehip & Bioflavonoids - 360 Tablets
Offered by Club Vits Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Upset my Stomach, 18 Mar. 2015
Had terrible stomach upset when I took these. I had to stop taking the tablets and my stomach settled less than 24hrs later. It's got good reviews so others haven't had any issue but it definitely wasn't for me. I've gone back to my usual brand.

Prayer Rain
Prayer Rain
by Dr. D. K. Olukoya

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Prayer Guide!!, 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Prayer Rain (Paperback)
This book has changed my prayer life. I can't recommend it enough. Will be buying copies for friends as well.

Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal
Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal
Offered by Spigen UK Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Flimsy!!, 18 Mar. 2015
Looks very pretty but too flimsy for me. I put my phone in it and immediately took if off and went out to buy a sturdier case. Not for me unfortunately.

Singing for the Stars (book and 2 CDs): A Complete Program for Training Your Voice
by Seth Riggs

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!!, 18 Mar. 2015
The book is very clear and explains things in a simple and easy to understand manner. I found all the exercises really helpful and can hear a difference in my voice. It's a bit hard to judge the sounds on CD2 without a trained teacher so I haven't done much of those but the exercises on the first CD have been really helpful. Don't be put off by the poor reviews or the endless endorsements by celebrities. These exercises are really helpful. Practice regularly and you'll soon hear the results!! I'd highly recommend this.

Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver
Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver
Offered by Harts Of Stur

1.0 out of 5 stars Variable Readings, 8 Feb. 2015
The weighing scale looks beautiful but always gives me variable readings. I have to step on it multiple times and go with the one reading that came up at least twice for each weighing. So I step on about six times, get four different readings and go with the reading that came up twice. And the differences are usually a lot so I'm not sure of my weight at this point. I'm about to buy a more reliable weighing scale now. Wouldn't recommend for that reason!!

Puritan's Pride Q-SorbTM CO Q-10 120mg x 120 Rapid Release softgel Co-enzyme Q10
Offered by STRATTON UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Ingredient(s)!!, 16 Jan. 2015
Contains Soy Lecithin as part of the ingredients!!

Cait and the Devil
Cait and the Devil

2.0 out of 5 stars Hated the Twist in the Middle, 4 Jan. 2015
It's a historical but the language is very modern and American. Hardly anything Scottish about it. I knew that from reading the other reviews so that wasn't really a big issue.

My main issue however is the twist in the middle which was very cruel to the heroine (and the hero come to think of it). I don't see what the point of it was and worse still it carried on for three chapters. The cruelty was too much and I don't think it was relevant to the story at all. I don't know why the author decided to do that to this very nice heroine but I couldn't get back into the book after that and that's the only reason I've give it two stars.

To Tame A Countess (Properly Spanked Book 2)
To Tame A Countess (Properly Spanked Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!!, 31 Dec. 2014
This was much a better book than the first in the series (IMHO). The hero was everything that the first hero wasn't. He kind and very thoughtful towards the heroine. He did punish the heroine a lot (annoying me sometimes because he kept pushing her so much) but he loved her and always wanted what was best for her. He actually spoke with her, tried to understand her fears and explained his reasoning to her most times unlike the hero in the first book whom I felt treated his wife like a toy. This couple had a much better relationship and the hero's patience and love helped the heroine a lot as she had major issues from her childhood.

I am looking forward to Minnette's (hero's younger sister) with impatience now. I hope August is as kind and thoughtful(spanking notwithstanding) towards her as her brother has been(even with the spankings) towards his wife.

Training Lady Townsend (Properly Spanked Book 1)
Training Lady Townsend (Properly Spanked Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Abusive Hero!!, 23 Dec. 2014
I've never read a book where I disliked the hero as much as I disliked the hero in this book. In the opening scene, he attacks the heroine at a party,trying to use her to avoid his betrothal. When she tries to escape by going into the gardens he follows her and forces his attentions on her, claiming if she didn't want it she shouldn't have run off into the garden all by herself!! What???

Anyway, it turns out she was his bethrothed and they wed. Then begins the physical abuse. Sorry, there was nothing sexual about this. The heroine was a total innocent, having grown up in a very sheltered home and hero knows this but he doesn't have the time to be patient with her, to introduce her into what he knows is a very different lifestyle. If he makes any of his outrageous demands and she hesitates she gets a beating, if she disagrees with anything he says she's getting a spanking. The poor girl was absolutely terrified of him!!

He knew that she only obeyed him because she was scared she'll get an even worse beating if she didn't and that turned him on?? When she would sob and ask him why he was doing all those things, he would say because he wanted to or because he enjoyed it. I obviously don't understand the whole submission and dominating thing but surely this was abuse?? I've read other books by this author like "disciplining the duchess" & "lily mine" and the dynamics of the relationship was nothing like this. This hero treated his wife like a toy.

I kept reading, hoping I'll get to a point where that understanding and easy relationship was established as it happened in the other two books I'd read by this author. Where the lady came to enjoy the spankings and there weren't a sort of punishment anymore but a fun part of their relationship. Unfortunately I never got that with this heroine. Throughout the book the poor girl was either overwhelmed, confused or scared thanks to her selfish husband. At the very end of the book they have an argument and he tries to rape her. Her screams make him stop and then a few pages later they are reconciled and she's defending him to her dad. I'm sorry but I don't find domestic violence entertaining.

Undoubtedly there were marriages like this in nineteenth century England when women were basically their husband's property and they mostly had no where to turn to when faced with an abusive spouse. However, I see no reason why an author needs to try and make a hero out of those abusive husbands.

The book does have very good reviews from other readers so it may be that I really do not get the whole dominating and submission thing.
I'm sorry for my negative review as this author is very good and her writing is feels very real. My review is based on my views only so if this is your sort of thing then don't let it this put you off. I just felt really strongly about the book and couldn't find anything nice to say about the so called hero.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14