Profile for Alex > Reviews

Content by Alex

Alex "vacuca" (Ramsgate, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hair Angel Tangle Angel, White
Hair Angel Tangle Angel, White
Offered by Scentsational Perfumes & Cosmetics

3.0 out of 5 stars Shallow, 19 Sep 2014
Bought this to get around daily drama of brushing kids' hair. I think it's ok for shorter hair. My girl has long hair, and lots of it, so the brush does not make it into the depth of it. Reasonable result but only in top levels of hair. Would only recommend for shorter or thinner hair.

Bobble BPA-Free 385 ml Water Bottle MU4, Magenta Band (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor baby teeth, 26 Mar 2014
Granted, the idea is nice and the water does taste good. But the drinking bit, which gets pushed down to seal the water flow and pulled up to release it, is nearly impossible to lift by hand, for get about lifting it "by lip", so the only option is by digging your fingernails in (hygiene?!) - or by teeth. This is the kid size I got for my 7 year old. Her spout is full of teeth marks. We've swapped the filters round and have tried four by now, with the problem being the same for all. It's not hygienic, and it's not good for the teeth. I'd say stay clear, especially when bought as a water bottle for your kids.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush!, 27 Oct 2009
With my first baby, the first stretch marks arrived two days before baby was due (unfair!). With number two, it was two months before the date, and that's when I researched the nicest oil and got this. Baby still has a week to go, but only one small mark has been added to the collection since (at least in the areas where I've used the oil, and only when I didn't use it daily for a week). It smells good, it's absorbed very well, and it's got me to believe in it. Next time round I will use it religiously from the start.

Dr. Martens  Aaliyah
Dr. Martens Aaliyah

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot for large calfs, 12 Feb 2009
This review is from: Dr. Martens Aaliyah (Apparel)
Like others have said before, there is ample space for large calfs - which is why I ordered them - finally a boot I can actually wear and still fit a jeans into like all the other slim calfed folk around. It's also a great fit around the heel and back of the foot and loose around the toes (great!). The zip does not come up all the way, which I think is a nice detail. So, great support around the foot, lots of space and soft material around the (large) calves. Not quite as pretty as all the gorgeous Fly London boots that I won't ever fit my calves (or size 9 feet!) in, but a strong contender for favourite boot in wardrobe.

The Art Of Pole Dancing Vol.1 - Beginners To Intermediate [DVD]
The Art Of Pole Dancing Vol.1 - Beginners To Intermediate [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alison Hudd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic instruction, 17 Jan 2009
Outstanding instruction, explanation and demonstration. Moves shown in slow motion too so really easy to see. The pace of the DVD is very good too, and it is broken into sections that build on each other. The warm up is simple enough for even a beginner to dance, and yet covers all the muscle groups and joints, and you can just follow the instrcution on it. This DVD should keep any beginner entertained for weeks and months!

Shaun the Sheep - Shape Up With Shaun [DVD] [2007]
Shaun the Sheep - Shape Up With Shaun [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Nick Park
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars From 2 to 99, 16 Aug 2008
My two year old received this DVD on her second birthday a month ago, and we have since watched it daily, with unwaiving enthusiasm. We, that's one toddler, and three adults with a sense of humour (and university degrees, in case you think we might be a little simple). It's one of the funniest things I've come across in ages, and when it comes to toddler background noise, the fact that it's just tunes and grunts, not spoken words, makes it a most pleasant background noise too (especially since the toddler shuts up while it's on!)

Made of Bricks
Made of Bricks
Offered by Quick Discount Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, great storytelling, 29 Jun 2008
This review is from: Made of Bricks (Audio CD)
I'm 34, I have a degree in literature, I don't know Lily Allen, but Kate is my new best friend and I really don't know what the negative comments are all about.
The lyrics are original, very eloquent, very very funny in parts, and excellent little stories in themselves. I don't know how to describe the music in terms of music cause I'm 34, don't know Lily Allen and generally haven't got a clue of what's going, but for me it's a great pick-me-up and (try to) sing along, and even the initially more annoying bits (in Mariella) make perfect sense when you listen to the lyrics (now one of my fave passages).
So. Great job, Kate. Loving it.

The Post-Birthday World
The Post-Birthday World
by Lionel Shriver

3.0 out of 5 stars Unconvincing and construed if very well written, 29 Jun 2008
Well written, and the plot is most certainly a very attractive line of thought to many. However, I was disappointed by the book. It does not live up to the promise of showing the two alternative routes that hinge on one moment and one decision for one character. From the moment the story breaks into two, one Irina barely resembles the other, and the same applies to her not-quite-husband. Instead, their characters seem to have been switched around in the stories. To put it differently: Shriver seems more concerned with constructing story lines that mirror each other than with making sure that the characters convince. It seems more important that in both story lines that same sweater or raincoat is worn by a specific character at a given point. I am not convinced that the alternate Irinas and Lawrences portrayed are plausible developments of their 'original selves' (as per the first chapter).
It's a shame. The book had great potential for being more than just a well though through, cleverly construed and well written one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2011 7:03 PM BST

Maisy Sleeved Towelling Bib (Blue)
Maisy Sleeved Towelling Bib (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Bib, 15 Mar 2008
It's one of various sleeved bibs we've tried out, and it's perfect all around. Even after heavy long term use the velcro at the back still closes as well as on day one (certainly not the case with any of the others!), the sleeved are an ok length (baby is 19m old), and the frequent washing has done nothing adverse to the colours of the bib. More expensive than the high street options, but certainly worth it.

Busy Books: Busy Beach
Busy Books: Busy Beach
by Rebecca Finn
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Not under 18 Months, 29 Jan 2008
A lovely book with appealing illustrations and pleasant text. It has lovely and clever pull/push out features that are great training for little fingers, however I would not give this book to a child younger than 18 months (even older) as the danger of it being broken within the first minutes is too great. My daughter had 'freed' the doggy from it's push-up prison within seconds at 16 months, and the iceman and castle suffered the same fate within days. Will have to buy a new copy later...

Page: 1 | 2