Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "livelife!" (London)

InteraXon Muse: the brain sensing headband - Color: Black
InteraXon Muse: the brain sensing headband - Color: Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I must say that I haven't been using them as regularly as I would like to, and can typically only average 10-15 minutes ..., 2 Dec. 2015
I have been trying out binaural beats a couple of years back and then discovered these..Now I must say that I haven't been using them as regularly as I would like to, and can typically only average 10-15 minutes a week, still I am happy as the feedback mechanism is accurate and helps me to really measure whether or not I am able to calm my mind..
Gaming sort of interface (points system) helps in keeping the motivation up.
Bluetooth pairing with my phone also typically is very quick and usually happens in just 30 seconds to 1 minute max.
I work in IT and the work pressure is usually quite high, so this is an absolute must for me ..as a happy mind is the key to everything..

Genuine Original Dell Inspiron M301Z N301Z UK Laptop Notebook Keyboard , QWERTY UK Layout , Dell P/N : R9N2T , Brand NEW , FREE DELIVERY
Offered by Silicon Connect Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for money!, 17 Mar. 2014
I had bought this in early Jan of this year, and this was much more easier and straight forward than replacing just an individual key..Hardly took me 10-15 minutes to change the laptop's keyboard and after more than 2 months and a fraction of cost, I am still a very very happy and satisfied customer!

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent motivational tool!, 17 Mar. 2014
I bought this after doing extensive online research and even considering whether to wait for new Fitbit Force or go for this one (Flex) and finally decided to go for Fitbit Flex as this seems to satisfy all the main points that I was considering..viz :
- excellent battery life ( lasts 5 to 7 days)
- ability to sync with both smartphone (mine is a Samsung S3 (LTE Model)) and laptop (Windows 7)
- Shower proof (though I tend to take it off while taking bath)
- 3rd party API Support also available as per DC Rainmaker's website

I have had this for a little over a month now and a few days back I managed to slightly tear off my wrist band! But having read another review about how good Fitbit Customer Service is, I decided to contact them via fitbit site on saturday morning..and by evening there was a response from them and my complimentary wrist band is on its way now (with a link on how to correctly insert the flex in the wrist band as well)! Fantastic customer service!

One of my colleagues (who is incidentally my role model in terms of running, he is in his late 50's and runs half-marathons and marathons at a much faster pace than myself), has just bought it as well. So now we can share our stats and get motivated from each other.

Oh yes, one last point - it is fairly accurate as well in terms of measuring distance as I have measured the distance reported by Flex and compared that with my Garmin FR610 and it was spot on! Also measures the steps taken accurately when I have measured it multiple times - just a small reminder though that the LED on the wrist band should be facing towards the outside of the wrist..Also, you can wear it in either left hand or right hand - and just need to let the Flex know which is your dormant hand - do-able via both Fitbit app as well as via the program on laptop.

Electronic Rat Killer
Electronic Rat Killer

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty machine?, 29 Oct. 2008
I bought this machine in the hope that the rats would be killed and my house would be safe - given that I have a 5 months infant. However, after weeks of waiting, I notice that the bait is gone and the rat droppings are still very much visible. I read other reviews and realized that middle plate is the one that emits shock. Decided to test the machine myself, with a bit of hesitation, touched the plate nearest to the open end first, nothing, no shock. Kept my hand there for a few seconds, still no shock. Got brave and touched the middle plate, even kept my hand on it for long time, still no shock. The machine does turn on by showing a green light and a distinct hum as well. Am gonna read the returns section and send it back to Amazon now.

Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
by Dean Karnazes

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Book, especially for couch potatoes like me, 10 Feb. 2007
I was earlier thinking that running a half-marathon is a great challenge for which I would need to train for months in advance. However, after reading this book I am convinced that nothing is impossible and that human mind is more powerful and capable than human body.

This book is all about the extraordinary feats we can achieve through our mind, or as Dean likes to call : through our heart.

An ultra-inspirational book for anyone looking to get fitter and shed those extra pounds!