Profile for Mr. P. Datta > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Datta

Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Great British Bake Off: Big Book of Baking
Great British Bake Off: Big Book of Baking
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book of baking, 13 Sep 2014
I love watching the hit tv series British Bake Off.I love baking. The latest book features a wide variety of receipes to try out. There are mouthwatering dishes ranging from biscuits, chocolate brownies and cookie, scornes, cakes and a few savory dishes to try out. I cannot wait to try out a few receipes when guests come to my house in the next few weeks. It will intresting to see the results and whether I pay close attention to details. In the tv show, the dishes are extremly hard. The book simplies matters.The receipes are well and concisely explained. If you are into baking, I would recommend big book of baking supported by the tv show.

Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt
Price: 16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and a well crafted super hero film, 13 Sep 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy is a marvel hero film, based in space. A new team is recruited to guard the galaxy from evil. I like everything about the film, plot, ideas, characters and settings. It works really well. There is plenty of humour , action and excitements.

Well what is all about? It is about adventurer who steal a mysterious object of significance kept secret by Ronan, a villain with ambitions to destroy the universe. What is secret behind the object? Quill is teamed up with up Rocket, an explosive racoon character, Groot a tree humanoid with a limited vocabulary, a deadly and enigmatic Gamora and revange driven the Drax the destroyer to save the universe. The characters are mismatched. How do they save the world from the evil Ronan? The plot and the characters are well developed.

Guardians of the Galaxy are from same the team who brought you the Avengers and Captain America. This is a marvel hero with a different, as it all surreal and space based. It has a quirky and comical style. The characters are fascinating. If you enjoyed previous films by Marvel, the you will certainly enjoy this film. If you are into action heroes, you will like this. Well done to Marvel for delivering quality.

The Expendables 3 [Blu-ray]
The Expendables 3 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone
Price: 18.50

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable popcorn movie, 31 Aug 2014
Expendables 3 is a great popcorn movie. It is filled with thrills, action, excitement and comedy. The movie features a strong cast including Arnie, Stallone, Snipes, Lurgen, Ford, Stratham, Jet Li, Mel Gibson and a few more actors.

The plot involves a new mission in rescuing an ex -member of the team from a heavily guarded convoy. The next mission involves tracking down a warlord. Old news haunts leader of the team. The co funder of the unit known as Conrad (Gibson)survives. He becomes a ruthless arms dealer and betrays the team. He intends to destroy the team. The mission is a failure as one member is badly wounded by the evil Conrad. Ross decides for a change. He recruites a fresh team involving younger members. The old team are removed to immediate effect due for safety reasons. How do the team react to this? This is the general gist of the plot. I do not like to add spoilers, as it would ruin the enjoyment of the film.

Expendables 3 is a follow up, as the stories are linked. There is plenty of violence. The characters are quite well developed. There is some spark about the characters.I did not find them boring and dull. The storyline pulls through, as we learn how the team operates. It has been criticized for being so thin in terms of storyline. It is enjoyable to watch, as it is nail biting and keeps you on the knife edge. If you like a great pop corn movie, I would recommend Expendables 3.

Dead Men's Bones: Inspector McLean 4
Dead Men's Bones: Inspector McLean 4
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb crime fiction novel, 28 Aug 2014
James Oswald is an upcoming author. He is a new arrival in crime ficition. He is superb writer. The signature character is strongly represented. Mclean is a senior and a trouble police officer, not known to follow protocols and always arguging with peers. There is also a personal touch to the character. On a professional and personal level the character surfaces well. He has to handle a new case, where a well known politican has killed his own family and pulled the trigger on humself. Mclean needs to dig deep into the case, as something is not right. A dead body has been found. Could this be suspicious? The senior detective has a lot on his plate in solving two cases. The internal politics have well explored in the police department. The author ticks the correctboxes of what I expect of a high octane crime fiction. It is gritty,dark and compelling piece of crime fiction to read. The pace flows at a good speed. It keeps you gripped and intrigued throughout. Well done to the author for delivering a suprb crime fiction novel.

David Jason: My Life
David Jason: My Life
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, enjoyable and intriguing piece of reading, 24 Aug 2014
Want to know about David Jason's background? Want to know about what inspired David Jason to get into acting? David Jason is a humble person. He open up his heart to readers. It is an interesting and intriguing journey of how he became a household actor, known for big roles in well known tv shows. The list speaks highly of the actor. The real beauty of reading autobiography you find out interesting facts. I strongly admire the actor and what prompted me to read the autobiography. It is a quality autobiography written with flair, the heart and naturally out. I throughly enjoyed the book. If you love a top quality autobiography, I would recommend David Jason:My Life.

Driving Ambition - My Autobiography
Driving Ambition - My Autobiography
Price: 7.63

4.0 out of 5 stars insightful and fascinating read, 23 Aug 2014
Andrew Strauss-My Autiobiography is an interesting and fascinating read about one of the best modern day cricketers of English cricket. Strauss was an excellent opening batman and a successful England captain, with three Ashes series wins under his leadership. It offers an insight into to his upbringing in South Africa, education, first class career and of course the international scene. He is open and very honest throughout the book. As a cricketer, he went through ups and downs. It is an insightful piece of autobiography. I enjoyed reading. I would recommend anyone who is keen cricket fan like myself to read.

Buried Angels
Buried Angels
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality crime fiction, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Buried Angels (Kindle Edition)
Camilla Lackberg is a quality crime fiction writer. The latest novel shows why she is the best in the field. The author style and content of writing really appeals to me. The author draws parallel between present and past events. It starts when a couple discover a fire in a house recently purchased. The house unfolds a history, that may be linked to past day events. It is the job of Partrik and Erica to investigate the matter further. It unravel a sinister event. This concerns a missing family who mysteriously dissapeared. It keeps you intrigued throughout out. It is compelling and gripping. At the same time, the author cleverly mixes domestic events with the main event. She is good at doing this and what makes the author unique. The characters are engaging and believable. I am a true fan of the author. This is a very good read.

Unlucky 13: (Women's Murder Club 13) (Women's Murder Club)
Unlucky 13: (Women's Murder Club 13) (Women's Murder Club)
Price: 5.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Confused and disjointed, 21 Aug 2014
James Patterson continues to get worse with each novel he writes. The Unlucky 13th joins then list. I found the novel so disjointed, confused and rushed. It seems though the author running out of steam to maintain interest levels. There are too many plots. It constantly shift from one plot to another. I could not really get it. It is really off putting. One plot would have been ideal, as it would be easier to follow and storyline would have developed. There is no depth in the storylines at all. It is all too cat and mouse. I found the characters so dull and out of a cardboard. The writing is so tedious and lazy. It failed to wow me at all. I am not sure which direction the 14th edition would head. I did not particularly enjoy the novel. Patterson needs to focus on quality. He is so eager to publish a novel too soon. This is a cash cow opportunity. 2 stars is a fair reflection. If you are looking for quality crime fiction, I would look elsewhere. Michael Connelly, Harlen Coben and Camille Lackberg are the best in the field and aim for quality than quantity.

Want You Dead
Want You Dead
by Peter James
Price: 9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fails to impress me yet again, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Want You Dead (Hardcover)
Want you dead is not the finest piece of Peter James to date. The previous novel is dire. The same comments remain for the latest novel. The novel starts well, but my interest fades quickly mid way through. The author has this annoying tendency to waffle just to fill in pages for the sake of it. The plot concening Red, an estate agent is being stalked by a psychotic ex-boyfriend. It did not really keep me grip me for long periods. I found the Red character dull and annoying. The signature character Roy Grace is not utilised well. There are moments featuring the wedding and the role as a detective.. The author fails to impress me yet again. I had high hopes. I am doubting whether I will read another novel from the author as ideas are becoming depleted, characters are out of a cardboard and stories feel so unreal. I will award 3 stars on this ocasion. He has failed to raise the game from previous novel. The style and contents are off putting as it is repetitive. It did not blow me away at all, which I expect from a quality crime writer.

Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet
Price: 14.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic resource for a trip to India, 29 July 2014
A fantastic travel guide of India, a country filled with rich history, diverse culture and beautiful scenery. A trip to India is an experience to treasure for a lifetime. This guide is an excellent reference for a trip to India. It contains comprehensive information about the country and key matters whilst visiting India. It is clearly pointed out. There are so many places to visit in this vast and majestic country. Pictures are included to compliment the concise text. An easy guide to navigate. The guide is written by experienced travellers, who have excellent knowledge of the country. Well written, informative and concise. A perfect travel companion for a visit to India. There are few places I want to visit in India.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20