Profile for Kaj Ström > Reviews

Slim Guide Bodyfat Caliper
Slim Guide Bodyfat Caliper
Offered by IDASS

5.0 out of 5 stars Only lacking ease of use., 1 July 2013
The caliper comes with through instructional material included. Even an online calculator at [...] and a YouTube video [...] for instruction on how to take the measurements. The caliper feels sturdy and a lot more reliable than for example Accumeasure Calipers that are prone to error due to varying pressure given by the user.

You will need a friend to take the measurements though, but thats a general limitation to all decent caliper measurements.

Pragmatic Guide to Subversion (Pragmatic Programmers)
Pragmatic Guide to Subversion (Pragmatic Programmers)
by Mike Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction or reference, 29 Jan 2011
I've had some experience in working with subversion before reading this book, mainly with TortoiseSVN, but I found this book to be very useful to me. Especially the chapter about branching and merging was valuable information to me, as I've previously used branches without a complete understanding how I should work with them.

The book is pretty short(good thing here) and is well focused. It's a quick read and a good reference as each task is clearly separated into a chapter of its own.

In my opinion the book covers all a developer needs to know about his version control.

High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, Replication, and More
High Performance MySQL: Optimization, Backups, Replication, and More
by Baron Schwartz

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed, 15 Jan 2010
I'm about halfway through reading this book and I've found it extremely enlighting. Though I am not working with applications that require performance of the level this book is referring to, it has taught me lot.

I finally have a clear picture of indexes and I should work with them, designing queries to use indexes and their sometimes not so obvious features. I generally have found this book to be detailed enough, in many cases there are explanation how MySQL works giving you the necessary info on how to design your schema and queries. I personally find it more pleasing to know why I should implement something in a certain way and not just how. This book offers both.

So, even though you might not be after that "High Performance", there's no need to pass this book, it will explain a great deal of MySQL's inner workings and give you tools to a secure and efficient database handling.