Profile for torquil@harkness.co.uk > Reviews

Content by torquil@harkne...

torquil@harkness.co.uk (LONDON, UK)

UNIC UC50 150" LED Pocket Projector Mini Projector Hdmi Multimedia USB TF AV HDMI IR Home Theater Digital Video Game Pico (Green)
Offered by Kldeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 4 Mar. 2016
This small unit is packed with features.
The internal speaker is loud enough for personal use and probably equates to my first iphone 2g. When you consider that it is a fully capable projector, with an internal battery, manual focus, HDMI, USB, TF card, AV connections, and a click button (in case you lose the remote), then it is all i would expect from an internal speaker.
The brightness is really quite impressive. I have tested it on a grey wall at work with the lights off and it is perfectly watchable. At 1.5m from the wall, it gives a 32 to 40 inch TV screen size. In daylight conditions, you need to get a bit closer to see everything as you would expect. The initial charge of the battery on arrival lasted only about 20 minutes so i cannot report on that. I also do not have any other projectors apart from an old bulb type projector to compare against, so I cannot comment on the quality/colours etc of an LED projector. Although it seems perfectly good and what you would expect from a palm-sized pocket projector. It is LED not Laser! :-)
Overall, I am thrilled with this unit. The features are fantastic, the quality is great, and even the documentation was much better than i expected. It is in English, clearly written and nicely laid out. I struggled a bit at first as I was trying video files from Itunes which are M4V, but after adding MP4, it works great!

Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P,  Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Black
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P, Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame as it showed promise. It corrupted most videos though., 11 July 2012
I purchased a Kodak Playsport Zx5 Video Camera from amazon last week as we had a few important events coming up. Firstly at the weekend my daughter had her first swimming class and it would be a great opportunity to get some videos. Also my wife was due with the birth of my son and i wanted to get some important moments from the event.
The first morning i tested the video camera, we took some videos in the house and the camera took some pictures and videos then i noticed that it would not turn on or off. I pressed the reset button and when we next turned it back on, some of the pictures were missing. I thought that i would give it a chance, formatted the card and started again.
That night I took a lovely video of my daughter, over 7 minutes. When it came time to download the video, it would not export, and i was also unable to view it on the camera. In fact all 5 videos that I had taken would not play on the camera and were corrupt.
The next day, after a full reboot of the camera and a further format of the card, followed by using my macbookpro rather than the old white macbook, i thought i would try once more. I also checked for a firmware update to see if these issues were rectified and despite many similar storys online, no firmware has been released since 2011. As i had no choice but to use the camera as my wife went in to labour that night, i hoped that the teething troubles had gone.
This was not the case and over half the videos i took on the night and the day after my son's birth are unreadable. Some are able to be displayed on the camera, some not. None are exportable with iphoto or the bundled software. Massively disappointed, i organised a returns label to amazon. While putting it in the box i noticed a large leaflet for me to stop and contact kodak before i return the item.
I emailed Kodak who replied to me saying that as I bought it on amazon, I may as well return it to them. Not a great apology or voucher offering for all the hassle their cack product had caused me. So with no other option I returned it to amazon. I got a full refund.
The product, was designed with excellence and intelligence. It's underwater performance was amazing and all the videos I made with it were beautiful. Indoor ones were a little grainy at times and you have to be aware of your positioning and sources of light, but if this product was not let down by the poor quality software it would have been amazing. I have given it two stars because I hope my issues are fairly infrequent occuring amongst all the cameras out there, however with the other reviews of people having the same issues as i had, it makes me wonder if it not a wider problem.

I am not sure what you could do in my case as this camera is pretty useless as a camera, but i thought i should let you know. I love the idea, i love the form factor, but i hate being let down.