Profile for Katy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Logitech B100 Optical Mouse - White
Logitech B100 Optical Mouse - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and gets the job done, 5 Feb. 2016
I was looking for a simple and sturdy mouse to replace of those awful mice that come packaged with iMacs. This mouse does the job admirably, and despite accidentally crashing onto the floor a few times it still works fine.

Wet Ones Be Fresh Original Antibacterial 40 Wipes Pack
Wet Ones Be Fresh Original Antibacterial 40 Wipes Pack
Offered by ECOTRONICS

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 Feb. 2016
These absolutely stink of artificial watermelon scent and the smell lingers on your hands for ages. Not a fan.

Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best musicals ever made, 5 Feb. 2016
I am a long-time fan of musicals but I have never come across a musical that I have enjoyed as much as Hamilton. My introduction to this musical was seeing people on social media raving about it, so I decided to give it a shot. I was skeptical at first as I'm not not massively into hip hop and rap and I know little about American history, but the first time I listened to this soundtrack I ended up listening pretty much non-stop all the way through without realising. I was hooked pretty much straight away and I have been listening to this score or parts of it almost daily for weeks.

The score is densely packed with fantastic and clever lyrics and at no point are you left guessing about the story. Although the primary genres are definitely hip hop and rap, there are clever nods to other genres such as King George III's love songs to his colony all being styled as British Invasion pop. Thomas Jefferson's introduction song draws from older genres such like soul and boogie-woogie. It's an indication that he's older than Hamilton and has been out of the country and therefore not caught up on the latest trends.

There are more subtle and clever nods throughout the production to all sorts of things. You can look up the lyrics on genius.com and get completely lost in all of the notes and references including many by the composer Lin-Manuel Miranda himself.

I heard that Hamilton is transferring to the West End in 2017. The Broadway show is sold out for a long time unless you want to pay about $500 upwards for a ticket, so I feel that the well-deserved hype could definitely transfer along with it.

Honestly, my only complaint is that this musical is a lot harder to sing along to in the shower than, say, Les Mis. One day I will be able to rap all of "Guns and Ships", I swear!

Adjustable neoprene Wrist support (Small 14-16.2cm, Right)
Adjustable neoprene Wrist support (Small 14-16.2cm, Right)
Offered by pro-active

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 5 Feb. 2016
When this arrived it had a strong rubber/plastic smell and it needed to be aired outside for a day. I also noticed that some of the stitching was already coming loose.

Despite this it does what it needs to do. I am self-employed and on the computer a lot. I noticed recently that I started getting the first signs of an RSI, so I started taking more stretch breaks and bought this to ensure that the injury doesn't progress further. So far so good, but I don't know how durable this product would be long term.

Ferrero Mon Chéri, Cherry Liqueur Chocolates (1 x 15 Piece Box)
Ferrero Mon Chéri, Cherry Liqueur Chocolates (1 x 15 Piece Box)
Offered by Premium Imports UK

4.0 out of 5 stars ... texture immediately around the cherry that has a mouthfeel like soft nougat, 1 Feb. 2016
These have an odd texture immediately around the cherry that has a mouthfeel like soft nougat. While not entirely unpleasant I find that I greatly prefer the M&S cherry liqueurs over these.

Durable Telephone Clean Wipes Tub 100
Durable Telephone Clean Wipes Tub 100

4.0 out of 5 stars The wipes themselves are easily torn. This makes getting them out of the ..., 1 Feb. 2016
I bought these for safely wiping various pieces of electronic equipment. Anything that is wiped dries quickly and the wipes don't leave streaks or residue as long as you're thorough.

The wipes themselves are easily torn. This makes getting them out of the top of the dispenser a bit of a fool's errand so I have to fully open the container and pull them out that way. Not a massive inconvenience but a design flaw for certain.

Simple Solution Stain and Odour Remover for Cats, 750 ml
Simple Solution Stain and Odour Remover for Cats, 750 ml
Offered by BuyAllMeans

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 23 Jan. 2016
My elderly cat had a few "oopsies" and missed his litter tray. The wee was in a tiled hallway, and even though we cleaned thoroughly we had an issue getting rid of the smell as it had gone between the tiles. We used this as directed on the affected areas and the smell had completely gone in a day.

TechCode® Portable USB Tape Cassette to PC/MP3 Converter Capture Adapter Digital Audio Music Player
Offered by TechCode

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says, 14 Dec. 2015
I purchased this item in order to digitise an irreplaceable Christmas music cassette tape that has been in the family for 20+ years. Unfortunately part of the tape is dead, but it would still play up to a certain point so we wanted to salvage it.

First, I recommend throwing out the "installation CD" that comes with this item. Audacity is free software that is easily found online. Downloading the software from the official website also ensures that you have an up-to-date version that is compatible with your system.

I already had Audacity installed on my Mac so I just plugged in the cassette player via the USB, opened Audacity and then went into Preferences > Devices > Recording and set this to "USB Microphone" (this equipment does not come up as anything specific so that is what you need to choose). I then hit "Record" in Audacity and "Play" on the cassette player and the tape recorded flawlessly into Audacity.

You will probably have crackles and hisses in the recording but these can be removed or reduced using the "Noise Removal" effect menu in Audacity. This is not a perfect solution though and I recommend Googling to see how other people have solved the issue.

Overall I am chuffed to bits that I can now play this Christmas music again! I'm not sure how this piece of kit will hold up long term as it's quite flimsy, but I only purchased it to convert this one cassette and it's done that so I'm happy.

Fiesta Crafts Panda Squeakaboo
Fiesta Crafts Panda Squeakaboo

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 10 Dec. 2015
This is a robust toy with a loud squeak. Baby loves it!

Beware Of Creepers Hanging Plaque Tin Sign 20x15cm
Beware Of Creepers Hanging Plaque Tin Sign 20x15cm
Offered by PopArtUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 10 Dec. 2015
This is a cute item but it arrived already scratched on the back from the chain and one of the corners was slightly bent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4