Profile for Mrs. S. M. Broadhurst > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. M. Bro...

Mrs. S. M. Broadhurst

Ladies 3 Pair Pringle Isobel Plain Bamboo Socks In 7 Colours - 4-8 Ladies - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks!!, 31 Dec. 2011
These socks are so comfortable and soft. Bought them to wear on my 'just operated on 'foot. No rough bits or rubbing lovely.

Nilfisk  C120 3-6 PC Pressure Washer Patio Cleaner Set with 1,650-Watt Motor
Nilfisk C120 3-6 PC Pressure Washer Patio Cleaner Set with 1,650-Watt Motor

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 30 Mar. 2011
I bought this for my husband to do our patios (we inherited acres of the stuff from the previous owners of our house). Choose a nilfisk as my husband uses one at work and was impressed with it. This one was a higher pressure than he had asked for but I thought more power the better. He didn't want the patio cleaner thing but as it came as part of the package he got it anyway. It has been the best thing ever. All our mucky paving slabs, the long concrete drive,the bit down the side of the house which our two greyhounds use as a toilet everything is spotless. Best of all it's so easy to use. My hubby usually has to do all the maintanence stuff as I'm not in the best of health,but I can actully use this myself. It's definitely a number one buy.
I marked it down only on the casing which I feel could be a bit more robust, but that is the only fault I can find with it.

Knits Men Want: The 10 Rules Every Woman Should Know Before Knitting for a Man Plus the Only 10 Patterns She'll Ever Need (Stc Craft)
by Bruce Weinstein

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what the title says, 27 Dec. 2010
I have a lot of boys and men in my family to knit for, and although they like mad coloured socks, they really do like anything else knitted to be as unassuming as possible. This is the book. The author explains what men really want you to knit for them. To most people they will find the patterns very plain even dull,but that's what boys young and old like. The author even advises on what sort of feel boys like to their clothes,this is very good advise. There is nothing so disappointing as spending weeks knitting only to find that the item you have knitted never sees the light of day.
Many reviewers dislike the way the patterns are written, as instructions are given for whatever gauge wool you have chosen. This actually is a very simple method once you start doing it, and very useful as you are not tied to any particular gauge of wool. I started on the very simple hat and was away no problem. It is a book I am sure I will use a lot, unlike so many books which look far more inspirational and yet you never get round to knitting anything from.

The Ultimate Ronnie Barker Collection : Seven Of One / Porridge / Going Straight / Open All Hours / Clarence / The Magnificent Evans (12 Disc BBC Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate Ronnie Barker Collection, 21 Aug. 2009
How can you not like Ronnie Barker? Some of the early stuff isn't so funny but you can see how some of his later characters came into being.The seven of one disc is particularly interesting.

Sew Many Bags, Sew Little Time: Over 30 Simply Stylish Bags and Accessories
Sew Many Bags, Sew Little Time: Over 30 Simply Stylish Bags and Accessories
by Sally Southern

5.0 out of 5 stars Sew many bags sew little time, 21 Aug. 2009
Lovely book of bags to make and decorate and ideas for makes from the oddments you have left over.There isn't one of the bags I wouldn't want to make.

Sew and Stow: 31 Fun Sewing Projects to Carry, Hold and Organize Your Life
Sew and Stow: 31 Fun Sewing Projects to Carry, Hold and Organize Your Life
by Betty Oppenheimer

4.0 out of 5 stars Sew and Stow, 21 Aug. 2009
Some of the ideas were a bit too simple for me, but ideal for a beginner.Plenty of inspiration though and lovely fabrics.Oh how I love fabric.Simple stuff to use and ideas to adapt some of the projects for other uses.

Big Girl Knits: 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves
Big Girl Knits: 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves
by Jillian Moreno

5.0 out of 5 stars big girl knits, 1 May 2009
This is a wonderful book for any 'big girl' explaining how to make the most of your figure and how to resize any pattern.Also contains many do's and don'ts to help you look your best. I feel quite sorry for all the thin girls as all th e lovely patterns won't fit them!

More Big Girl Knits: 25 Designs Full of Colour and Texture for Curvy Women
More Big Girl Knits: 25 Designs Full of Colour and Texture for Curvy Women
by Jillian Moreno

5.0 out of 5 stars More big girl knits, 1 May 2009
I just love this book. It leads you through resizing, how to find your style, how to make the most of your body shape.Even if you never knit any of the patterns it is a bible for any 'big girl'

Plus Size Crochet: Fashions That Fit and Flatter
Plus Size Crochet: Fashions That Fit and Flatter
by Margaret Hubert
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Plus size crochet, 1 May 2009
I have knitting books for the 'larger lady' but this is the first one I've seen for crochet,it contains some very pretty items and plenty of detail about yarns and resizing.It uses mostly american yarns but with the internet this isn't such a problem these days.