Profile for Sheila C > Reviews

Laura
Laura
Price: 3.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a first book by the author., 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Laura (Kindle Edition)
This is not my usual style of book, but I'm open to all genres and was intrigued by the synopsis. I found the first part of the book slow in places, but it sped up for the latter chapters and was more engaging. Lovely descriptions of travel in both Canada and Bermuda, and I got heavily involved in the journey. My main criticism would be the errors that should have been picked up with proof reading which slowed me down as I had to re-read a sentence to get the drift. On the whole I enjoyed the book, and it's a great achievement for a first time author. Go for it, and I look forward to reading no. 2

Hemline Blue Wipe Off/Wash Out Fabric Marker Pen
Hemline Blue Wipe Off/Wash Out Fabric Marker Pen
Offered by Ribbons and Buttons
Price: 2.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I used it incorrectly, 13 Sep 2014
This product didn't do what I expected of it and rubbed off a little too easily, but this is my first attempt with it and I admit that maybe I was expecting more from it that I should have.

Hemline Paper Backed Fusible Web for Applique and Craft 45 x 40cm
Hemline Paper Backed Fusible Web for Applique and Craft 45 x 40cm
Offered by Amberskies Gifts
Price: 4.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 13 Sep 2014
Fabulous. This was my first attempt with fusible web and it worked a treat. It was only a small project, so next time would perhaps buy a larger pack

By Its Cover: (Brunetti 23)
By Its Cover: (Brunetti 23)
Price: 6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Have read them all, 24 July 2014
I'm a big fan anyway, but I love the Brunetti books by Donna Leon. I've been to Venice and love the descriptions as Guido travels to and from home, or pops out for his lunch. I almost feel as though I'm walking along with him, enjoying the sun on the Fundamenta or even wading through aqua alta. The plots are never 'run of the mill' either which makes the books more entertaining.

Eye Contact (DI Harland Book 1)
Eye Contact (DI Harland Book 1)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars New author to me, 5 Jun 2014
This book was recommended by a friend who enjoys similar books and it was spot on. Very absorbing read, I kept thinking I'll just read to the next chapter and then get on with chores! This is actually the second book about Inspector Harland. I equally enjoyed the first, and have pre-ordered the third!

Edgewood (Edgewood Series Book 1)
Edgewood (Edgewood Series Book 1)
Price: 1.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Different but a light read, 21 May 2014
I bought this book as I had read another by the same author which I loved. It's slighty 'fantasy' but was an enjoyable enough read. Enjoyable enough that I also bought the other two books in the trilogy. I would say that they are aimed more for the "young adult" market, but I'm young at heart.

Stay Alive
Stay Alive
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love his books, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Stay Alive (Kindle Edition)
Great story, action packed from start to finish as usual and links in with 'Ultimatum'. I love a story that answers all the threads and doesn't leave me thinking "what about ........".

Bullseye
Bullseye
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love David Baldacci books!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Bullseye (Kindle Edition)
Although this is a short book, it was action packed, great story line and all the ends neatly tied up. This feels like the lead into a full novel, so can't wait.

Dying Light (Logan McRae, Book 2)
Dying Light (Logan McRae, Book 2)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Book 1, 26 April 2014
I loved the first book in this series, so bought book 2, but although I liked it, it was a bit slower in pace and I was disappointed with the end. It felt 'cut short' without a full tying in of the loose ends. I'll still give book 3 a go, possibly there will be some overlap as with the first and second books.

Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)
Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 April 2014
Bought as a kindle deal, I thought I'd give it a try and loved it. Logan McRae is a 'damaged' and unorthodox policeman, but gets results and comes across as a real person struggling with life's difficulties. On the back of this one, I ordered book 2 which I am part way through, but am finding it every bit as good as the first.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6