Profile for bea10_20 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Ruby
Ruby

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ruby (Kindle Edition)
This was the first Marie Maxwell book I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it - the story kept me up for hours as I could not put it down. Lots of twists and turns. I normally read Kitty Neale, Maureen Lee and Lesley Pearse and this is another author I will add to my list :)

Liverpool FC Lunch Bag
Liverpool FC Lunch Bag
Offered by OBHA

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Liverpool FC Lunch Bag (Misc.)
I received this lunch bag for my son's packed lunches in September 2012 and by day two the lining has started to split - not happy with the quality at all :(

Miss Purdy's Class
Miss Purdy's Class

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 24 Sept. 2012
Completely agreed with everything Louise Saunders said in a previous review. I thought there was too much about the history of communism - I enjoy learning a little history but it was just 'too' much and very boring. Maybe I'm just ignorant to history :o I am pleased this wasn't the first of Annie's books I have read or I may not have gone back to read any of the other fantastic books she has written.

The New Children's Encyclopedia
The New Children's Encyclopedia
by No Named Authorship

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - 2 years later and still reading this, 17 Aug. 2012
I bought this for my son when he was just under 6 and nearly 2 years later and he's still loving it. It's proving very useful with homework projects he's getting and just for general questions he asks - I tell him to go away and find out because I don't know the answer either (sneaky I know!) and then he can teach me the answer and we learn together (even if I secretly do know). He is advanced at reading so this isn't a problem but you could go through this with a non-reader very easily and explain things to them. Definately recommend :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 7:01 PM GMT

The Orphan of Angel Street
The Orphan of Angel Street

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING - BUY IT NOW :), 17 Aug. 2012
This book was one of the best I've ever read (and I've read a few) - if you like Annie Murray romance/saga type books, definatly buy this. It has an amazing gripping storyline and I found it hard to put down. Thank you Annie :)

Childs Wooden Strawberry Teasets - Stunning Wooden Toy For Girls
Childs Wooden Strawberry Teasets - Stunning Wooden Toy For Girls
Offered by The Prezzie Place

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - 2 years on!!!, 17 Aug. 2012
I have to say I have bought many different wooden toys (mainly from ELC) and I was cautious about this set as my daughter is quite young. I had to take the sugar lumps off her initially as she could have swallowed them but apart from that, it was a perfect size for her little hands. She still plays with this now (it's a favourite of the 4 sets she's got!) and it hasn't got 1 chip out of the wood unlike the ELC wooden sets! Very very impressed with the quality - definately recommend for any little girl (or boy) :)

When the Lights Go On Again (Campion)
When the Lights Go On Again (Campion)
by Annie Groves

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Aug. 2012
I loved this book - I didn't realise initially that there was a series of books which related to the same family and I read them in the wrong order so it's definatley worth making sure you start at the beginning because it was a bit like watching the film half way through and then going back to the beginning and skipping straight to the end - still made sense and really enjoyed them all but worth noting for future readers :)

Birmingham Friends
Birmingham Friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow but gets better so stick with it, 17 Aug. 2012
This book is on the ONLY Annie Murray book that I have found really hard to 'get into' - I am about half way through and I am really enjoying it now but to begin with, I really didn't want to carry on reading. So definately recommend you buy/read it but just remember the first third is slow :)

Chocolate Girls
Chocolate Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant (like all of Annie's books), 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Chocolate Girls (Kindle Edition)
I love reading and seem to stick to one author at a time and read all of their books until I have to move on because I've read them all - just the way I am. Anyway, I loved this book from start to finish. Definately recommend you read it - thank you Annie for writing such wonderful books :)

Oxford First Encyclopedia (2009)
Oxford First Encyclopedia (2009)
by Andrew Langley

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 18 Sept. 2011
This book is absolutely amazing. I bought it for my son when he was 4 and he still refers to it now at 6. It was so good that I bought one for his cousin too. There are probably ones which cover more things (i.e. different countries etc) but it is a fantastic start to answer those initial questions which children ask and has helped with my son's homework too. The way things are explained is very clever and uncomplicated. Definately recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2