Profile for JT > Reviews

Content by JT

JT

Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch in Utah

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Thoughtfully written and without any useless conjecture, 5 July 2016
Excellent book. Thoughtfully written and without any useless conjecture. Without doubt the best book I have read on this subject, and one of my overall top five.

The Messengers: Owls, Synchronicity and the UFO Abductee
The Messengers: Owls, Synchronicity and the UFO Abductee

4.0 out of 5 stars Synchronicity - or not?, 21 Jun. 2016
This is quite a creepy book, but nonetheless well-written and an easy read. I have a couple of major difficulties with it.

There is a lot written about "synchronicity" here. IMHO, synchronicity is a subjective term that defies serious explanation. It is wholly in the eye of the beholder, and particularly related to the mental state of the individual. In other words, one only ever sees synchronicity if one is looking for it. For instance, I buy myself a new car of a specific make/model. As a direct result of this I start noticing EVERY car that is the same make/model, whereas before I never gave them a second look. There is much here that is similar to Keel's position on the unexplained.

Secondly, is every owl everyone sees, a window into the unexplained? Why are some owls different to others? Why owls? Why not sparrows? I think you get my gist.

I think the over-riding impression from this book is that a vast majority of the witnesses were "sensitive" in one way or another. After many years on this planet I have yet to witness anything on this level, and chances are I won't.

However, still very, very interesting stuff, and worthy of four stars. I certainly will look at owls slightly differently from now on.
"The owls are not what they seem".

The Psychic Sasquatch and their UFO Connection
The Psychic Sasquatch and their UFO Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sasquatch Bible?, 10 Mar. 2016
Just thought I would say a few words regarding this book. It is well written and cohesive. It provides another way to look at the issue of Bigfoot, what it is, and it's purpose. This is a very spiritual book, and has actually gone a long way towards making sense of my interest in this phenomenon. The problem, as always, is a lack of empirical evidence.
However, what I will say, is, if Bigfoot does exist, and I am on the fence on this, then this book explains how he COULD exist and only make itself known now and again and in settings of it's own choosing. The author has no doubts whatsoever he does exist, I would add. He considers his book is the total truth, and his writing exhibits that trait throughout. He does not come across as a writer who is just writing for the sake of it. IF what he says is true, this carries huge implications for anyone out in the wilderness. And, if ultimately proven, the whole of humanity.

You Can't Tell the People: The Definitive Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 7 Sept. 2014
A clinically investigated account of this incident. The author is to be recommended on her thoroughness and attention to detail. Having read it, however, the truth is still extremely elusive. At the end of the day there is that much disinformation you can't see the wood for the trees. Interesting nonetheless.

Saucers, Swastikas and Psyops: A History of a Breakaway Civilization:  Hidden Aerospace Technologies and Psychological Operations
Saucers, Swastikas and Psyops: A History of a Breakaway Civilization: Hidden Aerospace Technologies and Psychological Operations

3.0 out of 5 stars Unconvincing, 7 Sept. 2014
Not the easiest book to read and I found most of it unconvincing. Raised some issues of interest but generally consisted of conjecture and unsubstantiated conclusions. I found myself skipping chunks of (to me) uninteresting text.

A Compelling Unknown Force - The Dyatlov Pass Incident: AKA "Six Hours to Live"
A Compelling Unknown Force - The Dyatlov Pass Incident: AKA "Six Hours to Live"

4.0 out of 5 stars A strangely written book with changes of tense and punctuation ..., 7 Sept. 2014
A strangely written book with changes of tense and punctuation errors, but very thorough and captivating. The conclusion is sensible and evidentially based. After reading several conspiracy theories about this incident, the authors version makes complete sense.

I think the conspiracy theories can shuffle off into the distance.

A worthwhile read.

Dulce Base The Truth and Evidence from the Case Files of Gabe Valdez
Dulce Base The Truth and Evidence from the Case Files of Gabe Valdez

5.0 out of 5 stars Game-changer with evidence and common sense., 20 Aug. 2014
A very interesting book. An in-depth analysis of strange occurrences in New Mexico, and whilst a significant amount of the text is conjecture, it has that significant ring of reasoned truth about it.
Recommended. It has put a lot of questions dating back over 50 years into sharp perspective.

SOMETHING IN THE WOODS IS TAKING PEOPLE.
SOMETHING IN THE WOODS IS TAKING PEOPLE.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brief, 20 Aug. 2014
This book was short and although cheap offered no significant insight into the issues involved. The summaries are brief and the analysis without depth. Fine as an introduction/overview to the problems, but anyone expecting any worthwhile discussion will be disappointed.

Skinwalker Ranch : Path of the Skinwalker
Skinwalker Ranch : Path of the Skinwalker

4.0 out of 5 stars Different...., 15 Jan. 2014
This is a short book which I read in an hour and a half. It was very interesting with some supporting photographs. I didn't quite know what to make of it. If it is true, then as a human race the man/woman in the street knows absolutely nothing about his/her origins or what makes up the universe.
However, if I personally had seen what the author says he has seen, I would be writing this review from the local asylum, and not from the comfort of my settee. I have some difficulty comprehending how he has managed to deal with the implications of what he has seen and is thus suggesting.....
Any further words fail me....

Missing 411-North America and Beyond: Stories of people who have disappeared in remote locations of North America and five other countries.
by David Paulides

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit repetitive, 9 April 2013
I have now read all three 411 books. This is by far the most repetitive and least alluring. The first two were certainly differently argued. I think Mr Paulides has found a certain anomaly which defies conventional thinking, but as I read through these books I found him shifting his position to suit the mystery. Wherever someone goes missing, there is usually something mysterious, eg whether it be granite rocks, or small pools of water, or creeks, or berry picking. I ended up coming to the conclusion that missing persons have to go missing somewhere, so not every circumstance can be suspicious or mysterious, as Mr Paulides seems to suggest. Yes there are certain trends, but I take the view the majority of the discussed cases can be explained simply by people getting into difficulties and unable to extricate themselves. Young children haven't got a clue where they are going, and we have all had walks where we have become disoriented. Its a wilderness out there, particularly in US national parks.
Having said all that, there are some truly weird cases he has found, which defy ALL attempts at explanation. For that alone, Mr Paulides should be applauded. I for one will be looking over my shoulder whenever I travel to the US.
Certainly worth the read, particularly if you are the wandering type.