Profile for Mrs. Jk Simpson > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Jk Simpson

Mrs. Jk Simpson (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Abundance
Abundance
by Amit Majmudar
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy heartwarming read, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Abundance (Paperback)
I picked this book up at the airport as the cover and the blurb on the back appealed to me. The bit about something blowing the family apart is incorrect. Reading the book you could blink and miss it. This book is about a family and the relationships within the family. Mother and daughter and mother and son. I found this book easy to read but the last few chapters upsetting.

What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
by Amanda Prowse
Price: 6.39

3.0 out of 5 stars You never know what goes on behind closed doors, 22 Aug 2013
This is the first AP book that I have read. It is well written and found it difficult to put the book down however the ending seemed unrealistic to the story told. After I finished reading the book I found myself feeling frustrated because I feel she missed out on large areas of Kate's life for example when they were first married and how and when the abuse started. I also found it difficult that such an intelligent woman put up with such vile behaviour from not only her husband but also her children. Considering her sister took care of her children whilst she was in prison she is cut out of the story after Kate's release. The ending I felt the writer just wanted a happy ending but again not realistic to the story. This had the makings of a fantastic book had the author given us more information about Kate and Mark.

Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns
by Lauren Weisberger
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the revenge? Huge disappointment, 15 Aug 2013
I was so excited when I read there was a sequel to the devil wears Prada. I even pre-ordered it. Sat down to devour the book and within the 1st 2 chapters realised this book was not going to live up to my expectations. The book in confusing because was it written as a follow up to the book or the film? 10 years on and Andy has still not grown up and Miranda is hardly in the book. There is no revenge in fact there's a lot of nothing. Who knew you could fill over 400 pages with drivel. Poorly written and annoying and on many occasions I nearly gave up.

Despicable Me
Despicable Me
Price: 6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fab fab, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Despicable Me (Audio CD)
My children love this CD, especially Unicorns I love them! Its a fun cd for adults and children! The songs are as in the film. So often I have order the soundtrack and its nothing like the film. The songs are as they are in the film.

Shame Travels: A Family Lost, A Family Found
Shame Travels: A Family Lost, A Family Found
by Jasvinder Sanghera
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Heartbreaking and Encouraging, 17 July 2013
This is the 3rd book of a series of books from Jasvinder. Another brilliant book about her travels to India. Doesn't matter who you are you want to know your heritage and want acceptance from your family and for them to love you for who you are. I cried reading this book. If you have read the first two books, I highly recommend this.

Shamed: The Honour Killing That Shocked Britain - by the Sister Who Fought for Justice
by Sarbjit Kaur Athwal
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocking and disturbing., 17 July 2013
My mum always says 'you never know what goes on behind closed doors'. Never a truer words spoken. I read this book in one sitting. You could feel her terror jump out of the pages. So many times she was let down by the police and our community. Thankfully Clive finally took notice and justice was finally served. I would like to hear Surjits brother's story. The heartbreak this family must have gone through not knowing what had happened to their daughter/sister.

Happy Families
Happy Families
by Janey Fraser
Price: 5.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Happy Families (Paperback)
This is the first Janey Fraser book that I have read. It started off witty and funny and increasingly I am getting frustrated with some of the characters mainly Bobbie who seems who have left her brain somewhere and her lack of common sense and her parenting skills are frustrating, not endearing as I feel the author wanted her to be portrayed. I am looking forward to getting to the end of this book, and forget that I ever started reading it.

All Of Me: My Story
All Of Me: My Story
by Claire Richards
Price: 6.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and very muddled., 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: All Of Me: My Story (Paperback)
I have always been a fan of Claire and am also a person that has struggled with my weight. I bought this book and felt very left down by the book and in fact wanted to take it back to the shop and ask for a refund! The book is poorly written and very muddled. She doesnt really go into any detail about her growing up, her time in steps and since leaving. You learn nothing new. Another biography, rushed, poorly written and not alot said. I think these celebs that release books should wait until later in life until 'writing' about their life.

Stages
Stages
Price: 7.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful album by a very talented singer, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
I have always been a fan a Mel C. Her album Northern Star is one of my all time favourite album. This is a lovely easy album to chill out to. Mel is an amazing singer and this really does show her true talents.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, heartbreaking and beautiful, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I ordered this book after reading alot of the reviews. From reading the prologue I was hooked. The book at times is funny, it thought provoking, moving, and heartbreaking. I found when I was not reading the book I was thinking about the two main characters of the book and it will remain with me for a while. This has been regarded as a chick lit. This book is far from it. Be prepared for laughter and lots crying. Just a brilliant read and a book I shall read again.

Page: 1 | 2