Profile for Miles > Reviews

Content by Miles

Miles (Winthrop, Maine, USA)

Original Album Series
Original Album Series
Price: 14.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
I remember buying Chicago V when it came out...wore that record out! Great songs and when it comes to guitar players, Terry Kath is one the most talented players EVER! Such amazing ability and confidence! Love this Original Album Series stuff Rhino does! That cut Free Form Guitar from CTA is just plain scary as hell!! Terry had balls for sure!!

2XS / Sound Elixir - 2 Albums on 1 CD
2XS / Sound Elixir - 2 Albums on 1 CD
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Final pieces to Salvo Naz releases, 1 May 2011
Thanks much to Salvo and AmazonUK for being a lifeline to music...Love these new Nazareth remasters...no bonus tracks on these Two...kind of odd...but they are great non the less! 2XS is a masterpiece...one of my favorite Nazareth releases. Great songs here..once again!!!

Winter Harvest
Winter Harvest
Price: 9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Winter Harvest (Audio CD)
Great to see these first three Golden Earrings releases on Compact disc here in the states! I had picked up on the Dutch 3 Originals a few years back and was happy with that...aside from having to again order from Europe to get some darn music I like! I got the entire ( That I know of ) Red Bullet re-releases a few years back ( 18 of them ) and was very happy with those as well....Golden Earring TO ME is the greatest Rock band ever as far as releasing a consistently like-able series of releases from when they started as a band...these guys are just amazing musicians and songwriters, players. Others will think different but I say that's cool...Been enjoying this band since I heard Eight Miles High when it came out...and they are Still out there doing great live shows as well! Rinus and Barry must be great friends after all this time! These guys back then had huge nads doing so much more original stuff than the most popular bands around them at the time....so confident!

The Catch / Cinema - 2 Album Set
The Catch / Cinema - 2 Album Set
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy releases, 1 May 2011
Nazareth...man...I just love these guys! I first heard them when Loud And Proud came out...Turn On Your Receiver got some airplay around here...been hooked since! Salvo did a nice job on these remasters...just had to get 'em all...again! The Catch and Cinema were both excellent efforts by Nazareth during a time when bands like Naz were struggling to sell records. That didn't put a dent in the least in thier ability to write decent music though...not at all! These are all great songs and the bonus tracks are sweet..especially the BBC stuff on this Cinema release, I sent an email to Salvo and got a very courtious and professional response when I was wondering about how much of the Naz catalog they were going to do...nice folks! One of the best things about these remasters...aside from the great sound quality...are the bonus tracks. I have all the Castle releases and it's amazing that the bonus tracks on these Salvo remasters are totally different songs from those Castle ones...yeah, the more the merrier I say...and I don't have to try and sell the Castle CD's like the original A&M crap CD's because those Castle CD's are still worthy due to the differences in Bonus tracks. How Dan McCafferty can still be singing as well as he still does today after the pounding he has given his voice all these years just amazes me...worthy of great respect!

Original Album Classics: Spirit / The Family That Plays Together / Clear / Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus / Feedback
Price: 11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit greatness, 1 May 2011
I got this collection along with a few others and sure am glad I did! It looked like a decent idea, putting the first few releases of bands out in little box sets and when I did get them It sank in about just how good an idea this is! Brilliant marketing move here...back in the early 70's I was aware of Spirit but didn't really latch on to them until Dr Sardonicus came out...for me it was a fruitful era that I'm still finding more bands to like from to this day.Who needs all the Blah crap out there now when there were so many great bands back then?!To me Dr Sardonicus defines this point in time musically ... so many bands were so into finding thier own way of doing things and Spirit was just what I was looking for and can still relate to after all these years...and I don't get someone actually thinking Feedback is not worthy of respect...the Staehely brothers were amazing musicians in thier own right and Feedback works big time for me! Mark Andes...now there is a player who has certainly earned a respectable reputation! That man has been around! Randy has always been a favorite player songwriter and singer and John Locke...wow! I got to see Locke when he was in Nazareth and that line up was one of the best live shows I have ever seen! Absolutely wild! The packaging on these Original Album Classic releases is sparse for sure but I have most of this stuff on Vinyl anyway and besides the size of the compact disc makes it difficult to arrange a lot of detail anyway....but it can and has been done...the Salvo remasters of the Nazareth catalog is a case in point...nice job done there on the early stuff anyway with TONS of bonus tracks just waiting to be gobbled up!

Just Ear-Rings
Just Ear-Rings
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Start of something really HUGE, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Just Ear-Rings (Audio CD)
So...my experience with this amazing band started when a friend played an LP called Eight Miles High when I was in my second year of High school in 1972....I was so impressed that after 39 years I am just as impressed with the band now in 2011. That friend had another possession that am also still into...audio gear, he had a Marantz 1060 intergrated amp. After Moontan came out I was hooked big time. To me...just my opinion...Golden Earring is actually the greatest Rock band as far as consistantly good musical output. I much prefer them over The Stones. Don't get me wrong now, I have great respect for the Stones and all but to me after the Mick Taylor years I just can't get into more than one or two songs on each release that the Stones have put out, while I truely enjoy every song Golden Earring has done since day one.George Kooymans and Rinus Gerritson have been writing songs together longer than the Jagger/Richards duo and I'm not one to base an opinion solely on the amount of records sold but by the likeable content of the output...to each his own...In 1999 I picked up on the Euro only release of 3 Originals, which is the first three Earring releases on two Compact discs and 13 bonus tracks so this is not the first time this release has been put out on CD but I'm hoping the remaster of the first three I just ordered here will sound even better. I also have the 18 Red Bullet reissues as well as everything else they have out I can get my hands on...which is most of the original vinyl relesed in the states..except I'm still trying to track down Just Earrings on vinyl! I do have 34 release on CD and 19 on vinyl...and I hear they are working on a new release for 2011...yeah! And actually the same four guys in Earring have been together since the lp Golden Earring ( Wall of Dolls ) which was in 1970 Ceaser joined in late 1969 ..cheers

Ain't Life Amazing
Ain't Life Amazing
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 20.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Get this NOW, 14 Oct 2008
This review is from: Ain't Life Amazing (Audio CD)
Ok...man I just LOVE this CD. I bought 5 copies and gave them out as gifts. Great cover of Got A Line On You and the playing throughout is amazing to say the least. I would have given it a 5 star rating but on my CD it seems like Mr Hardy was a tad too generous with the levels here and there...or somebody was...As with his Z Z Top efforts. I own excellent Gear so don't be bitching at me about owning a Lloyds all in one unit or something ok? I've been a KM fan since seeing the Max Machine backing up Geddy and the boys in the spring of 1977...Kim is a first rate player with a huge creative gift that continues to amaze!

Caress Of Steel
Caress Of Steel
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Rush effort..still, 14 Oct 2008
This review is from: Caress Of Steel (Audio CD)
After hearing FBN when it was released and digging on that for awile when COS was released I eagerly scooped it up, put it on the turntable and proceeded to crank up the headphones...It was absolutely One of the most memorable listens to a new release in my entire life...and I have had many! It was the production ot the individual instruments that really caught my ear. Neil wailing away all over the place, Alex going back and forth in my head with that gut wrenching KILLER lead guitar work and Geddy doing my favorite vocals of his ever along with his Wonderful Bass playing. I miss that singing style he had back then. Too bad when guys get older they feel like they have to be more refined or whatever. The live Closer To The Heart just isn't the same without out that "WOA WOA" , I know someone out there know's where I am coming from?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2009 9:47 PM BST

Explosion - T-Shirt Grey (XL)
Explosion - T-Shirt Grey (XL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt!, 14 Oct 2008
I love this shirt, really get alot of comments from people...mostly about how old I am..lol! It's well made and I am very proud to wear it! I am and will always be a great admirer of Rush...'nuff said eh?

THE NEWZ
THE NEWZ
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer stuff, 14 Oct 2008
This review is from: THE NEWZ (Audio CD)
After having this CD for a couple months now I can truely say it is one of my Favorite Nazareth efforts. It rocks hard, some great mellow stuff and about track 3...The review about Liar on the American Amazon site by one meathead in particular proved how about 25% of us Americans have completely ignored the last 7 years of absolutely bad behavior and outright treason committed by that common criminal in The White House and his pals as they pillage and rape the treasury stuffing offshore bank accounts under the guise of some sort of religious belief that they are fulfilling Biblical prophesy. Anyone who is ok with that is just plain CRAZY!! Anywho..to me, from what I have seen, I agree with every word of Liar...time will tell. Love the quality of the recording, Mine is a German version and it really puts the Subwoofer to work and the mids and High end are all quite clear as well. I have been a Nazareth fan since Razamanaz came out over here back in 1973, I was in High School and have devoured every release since that time...love 'em all really...not a lame one in the bunch. Have caught quite a few shows over the years and they were always great but my favorite was The No Mean City tour when I got to experience Manny and Zal just blow the lid off the place with amazing lead trade offs I stood right in front of Zal and was blown away for the entire show! Loved His playing in SAHB...another killer band! If you like the old Nazareth and can get past that era and be able to except this one for what it IS....then buy this CD..I know I will be enjoying it until I freakin' die!!!