Profile for moggiesrace > Reviews

Content by moggiesrace

moggiesrace

Page: 1 | 2
New Asus Google Nexus 7 2 II Tablet (Launched July 2013) Case-Executive Multi Function 360 Degrees Rotating PU Leather Stand Case Smart Cover with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 II-2nd Generation Tablet with Rear Camera 16GB or 32GB + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors) (Black)
Offered by EallcSeller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and does the job., 29 Jan 2014
I bought this case for my Nexus 7 tablet. The case looks good and could easily be mistaken for leather once the plasticky smell you get from it to begin with wears off, which it does after a while. The tablet is a good fit with clear access to buttons, camera and charger. Once the tablet is installed in the case you can swivel it full circle which I found was just as well because my tablet began flicking in and out of sleep mode when I was using it. At first I thought my tablet was faulty but then discovered it was due to very slight contact between the case and buttons as I used the tablet. To prove my point I swivelled the case from side to side to exaggerate any normal movement that would be made while my tablet was in use and, sure enough, the tablet merrily went on and off in time to the movement. I was quite surprised at this because, studying the case in it's normal position with tablet in situe, it really doesn't look as if this could possibly happen. However, it does but I solved the problem by making sure the edge of the case was swivelled completely clear of the buttons when using the tablet. A minor annoyance because the other features work well. The case folds back on itself into a triangular shape so you can sit the bottom of the tablet in either of two slots which holds the tablet at a nice angle for viewing videos and such without you having to hold it. The case folds around the tablet and fastens neatly and securely with elastic. Over all I am very pleased with this case and barring the swivelling issue would have awarded it five stars. Let's put it this way, it wouldn't stop me recommending it to a friend.

The Storm
The Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant author!, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Storm (Kindle Edition)
The Storm follows on from The Fury so I recommend reading that first as all will be clearer once you know how the story began and the characters involved. The Storm follows the same group of youngsters and teenagers who have been drawn together because everyone they come within twenty yards of, including their loved ones, desperately wants to kill them. It's a battle just to survive until the group eventually come to realise what it is about them that causes otherwise normal, balanced individuals to turn on them like rabid animals and the revelation is terrifying.

The Storm tells how the group gradually discover the powers within themselves as they set out to defeat an entity of pure evil that has already begun to devour everyone and everything on earth.

Alexander Gordon Smith is, in my opinion, a fantastic story teller. He is one of those enviable authors who can take you right outside the box while making everything completely real and believable. I loved these two books and I would also thoroughly recommend the five book series Furnace/Escape from Furnace. Totally original and mindblowingly brilliant!

Escape from Furnace 1: Lockdown
Escape from Furnace 1: Lockdown

5.0 out of 5 stars This author is brilliantly outside the box!, 6 Jan 2014
I downloaded this book never having heard of Alexander Gordon Smith. Once I read it I was blown away. A G S has that enviable ability to create stories right outside the box and yet keep them utterly believable. The story is well paced, thoroughly exciting and kept me reading way past a sensible hour. The story ends in a cliff hanger which left me desperate for more. I immediately downloaded the whole Furnace series and every book is a winner. I loved them so much I had to squeeze every last smidgeon out of the experience and eagerly went on Alexander's website where you can read a 19 page epilogue to the final Furnace book. A great way to round off what has been a brilliant roller coaster ride. If you like horror thrillers I thoroughly recommend this series.

Gabor Womens Desoto Black Boots 76.738.57 6 UK, 39 EU
Gabor Womens Desoto Black Boots 76.738.57 6 UK, 39 EU
Offered by SchuhBenner

4.0 out of 5 stars Bootilicious!, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Gabor Womens Desoto Boots (Shoes)
I was recently disappointed to have to part with a great pair of expensive Olang snow boots due to worsening arthritis in my feet. The Olang boots, like so many snow boots, required you to push your foot down past a rigid ankle which wasn't easy even when my feet were less painful. So I was pleased to find these Gabor boots had a side zip which solved my problem. Furthermore, there is a gusset hidden behind the lower part of the zip which is designed to prevent any wet from entering the boots via the zipper. All good so far.

Size wise, I noted that one or two people recommended going up a size so taking that on board I ordered a six instead of my usual five and found these were just right. I can't understand the comments about the boots being narrow as they are definitely not from my point of view. I have wide feet plus arthritis and these boots are extremely comfortable. Perhaps going up a size makes a difference to the width but, having done so, I would say the length of the foot is just right with plenty of room for a warm sock, so I can only speak as I find. To add to the comfort factor, the insole is nice and squashy and is also removable.

Looks wise, they are not ugly and over chunky like a lot of snow boots. They come about mid calf and have a good grip sole. The only reason I have gone for only four stars is the fact I have yet to wear them in snow. However, Gabor is a well known make of good quality footwear so I am confident they will perform well. So, all things considered, a good looking, comfortable boot with good quality components. I would definitely recommend them.

Agadir Argan Oil Spray 5.1 oz (150ml)
Agadir Argan Oil Spray 5.1 oz (150ml)
Offered by buybeautyproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fine frizz prone hair. Great for hair that splits., 7 Sep 2013
I have fine frizz prone hair that goes wavy with bits that stick out, especially in damp weather, so I couldn't live without my hair straighteners. However, using irons daily also makes my hair dry and the ends split. Once I heard about Argan Oil I couldn't wait to try it. I chose the Agadir brand as the Argan Oil was a certified ingredient. I tried it and can honestly say I haven't looked back.

Regular use of the Argan Oil along with my irons has transformed my dry, split ends to smooth and shiny. I now use all the Agadir product range. After using the shampoo I generally use the bottled conditioner. Occasionally I will use the intense repair conditioner in a tub if I feel my hair is in need of an extra bit of tlc. If you have dry hair or split ends, when you start using Argan products I'd recommend you use the intense repair conditioner for a few washes and continue until you see an improvement then switch to the normal conditioner. After towel drying my hair I then liberally spray the Argan Oil through my hair, comb it through then blow dry it. I then spray my dry hair with a little more oil before using the irons. This gives the hair protection and the heat seals in the moisture preventing the frizz that can occur in damp conditions. If at any time my hair seems a little dull, which has happened during the hot sunny weather this summer, a light spray of oil over the surface of my hair immediately brings back the shine. Oh, and it smells lovely and exotic too.

I won't lie, the Agadir products are not cheap. However, my philosophy is you get what you pay for. You can tell how much of an ingredient is in a product by how far down the list of ingredients it appears. The higher up the list the higher the percentage of the ingredient you're getting. With cheap brands of Argan Oil products you might find there's very little oil in them.

Anyway, I wouldn't be without my Agadir Argan Oil now. It has simply transformed my hair for the better.

The Road to Red Rocks [Live in Concert] [DVD] [2012]
The Road to Red Rocks [Live in Concert] [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Mumford & Sons
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Marvelous!, 7 Sep 2013
Having watched every scrap of Mumford and Sons I could find on You Tube, wishing I could have at least one good concert of theirs on DVD, along came The Road To Red Rocks. Yeeeeeeeha!!! And it didn't disappoint one bit.

There's a good mix of songs including the three biggies, Little Lion Man, I Will Wait, and The Cave. As always, the guys provide us with a nice balance of the wild and dramatic (Dust Bowl Dance), a damn good ho-down (Roll Away Your Stone), and the simply beautiful (Ghosts That We Knew). For me, personally, I can't get enough of gorgeous Marcus bashing the hell out of the drum kit while, at the same time, singing. Who said men can't multitask! And what a fantastically amazing voice he has. That's one hot guy you have there Carey! I know I seem to be favouring Marcus here but all four of the guys are seriously, multi-talented individuals and watching them weave their unique brand of magic is a real priviledge.

This is a great concert in the beautiful, unusual setting of a natural rock amphitheatre. The concert is occasionally broken to give us a few documentary snippets. This didn't spoil the concert at all and only added a little insight into what life was like on the road for the guys. The DVD menu does give you the choice to Play All or choose Track Selection. With Track Selection you can cut out the documentary whenever it appears. Just click on DVD on the left of the control bar and click the next track due to be played. It only takes seconds to do this and continue the concert. Makes sense as you might not want the documentary every time you view.

Anyway, I would highly recommend buying this DVD as I think you'll love it.

Incidentally, if you haven't yet discovered Mumford and Sons 2013 live concert at Lollapalooza, Chicago on You Tube I can thoroughly recommend it.

Rogue Operator (Dylan Kane #1) (Special Agent Dylan Kane Thrillers)
Rogue Operator (Dylan Kane #1) (Special Agent Dylan Kane Thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, well paced read., 27 May 2013
In my opinion you can't go wrong with J. Robert Kennedy. As always, this story is a well paced read that I found hard to put down. The characters are believable. The plot is well constructed and, as always with this author, is well researched and full of authenticity. I've now read all his books and am already having withdrawal symptoms. Robert, please hurry up and write another.

Forefront Cases® NEW KINDLE TOUCH White Leather Case Cover with RECHARGEABLE LED READING LIGHT For Amazon Kindle Touch / April 2012 Kindle Touch WiFi + FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR & STYLUS PEN WORTH £9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like quality without the price tag to match., 24 April 2013
I like this case. It is a snug fit, doesn't obstruct anything on the Kindle, and the leather is soft and classy looking. The light, however, is not in the same league. Very cheap and tinny in comparison but it does the job, which is what matters. I did have problems with the light as the charging light indicator stopped working almost immediately after purchase. I was sent a no fuss replacement which works fine. The hard part was actually detaching the old light as the screws are tiny and were extremely tight. It took a watch makers tool kit to get a small enough screwdriver for the job. Over all though, a really lovely case.

Sony NWZE474 8GB MP3 Walkman Player - Blue
Sony NWZE474 8GB MP3 Walkman Player - Blue
Offered by eZee Trade

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value MP3 Player from Sony Walkman, 2 Feb 2013
As a relatively young pensioner I was looking for an up to date MP3 player that wouldn't break the bank. The NWZ E474 Walkman seemed to fit the bill. I was not disappointed when it arrived. It is ultra slim, the colour is great, the screen is a decent size, and the ear buds sit easily and snugly in the ears. As an avid jeans wearer I find it slips perfectly into the little front pocket within a pocket, you know what I mean, and with the ear phones in I can do the housework to my favourite music. Makes scrubbing the loo vaguely enjoyable.

Setting it up is easy as you simply connect it to your computer/laptop and it does it all for you. So far so good.

Now for the not so good bit. As with many things these days, you don't get an actual manual. The tiddly scrap of paper with, I'd say less than basic, info is pretty useless so unless you are confident with techy stuff it might drive you up the wall. I have now mastered using Media Go, which is downloaded for you automatically at the start, and after a lot of hair pulling I finally discovered, by accident, or was it desperation?, how to transfer my purchased i-tunes to the Walkman. For anyone in the same boat, go to your i-tunes library, purchased tunes, right click on the one you want to transfer, choose 'Show in Windows Explorer', then when the tune appears in another window physically drag it onto your Walkman's icon (which you get by opening 'Computer' from your Windows menu). I still, however, can't fathom how to create a Play List, but I will one day, hopefully before I get a telegram from HRH.

All in all, don't be put off by the techy stuff, you can always find a nine year old to help you out, and this is a great little player with a really good sound quality. Oh, and if you fancy an external speaker I can highly recommend the X-Mini. Tiny little speaker, amazing sound quality.

Broken Dove (A James Acton Thriller, Book #3) (James Acton Thrillers)
Broken Dove (A James Acton Thriller, Book #3) (James Acton Thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Praise for J. Robert Kennedy, 7 Dec 2012
If you are a fan of Dan Brown you'll love J. Robert Kennedy. I only discovered this author fairly recently and now I can't get enough of his books, James Acton thrillers particularly. James Acton is a great character who slips effortlessly from one book to the next. The stories are exciting page turners and kept me reading way past midnight on several occasions as I just had to know what happens next. Try this brilliant writer, you'll be glad you did.

Page: 1 | 2