Profile for Jim > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Draper Expert 33812 x 1/4-Inch Hexagon Magnetic Bit Holder
Draper Expert 33812 x 1/4-Inch Hexagon Magnetic Bit Holder

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 6 Jan. 2015
Does the job and unlike some other "magnetic" holders this one really is magnetic.

Merrell Men's Moab Mid Gore-Tex® Hiking Boots J86901 Walnut 10 UK
Merrell Men's Moab Mid Gore-Tex® Hiking Boots J86901 Walnut 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan. 2015
I have just had a total knee replacement and found that getting back walking has been more difficult than I thought, I had bought these boots a long before my operation and not used them much so thought I would see how I got on with them after my op, amazing. The way my foot rolled when I walked made the whole effort of waking so much easier, more comfortable and much less painful. The boots are very light, give great support and I find them very comfortable, so much so that I am considering buying a pair of the shoe version to wear on holiday in Florida later this year, as I will be on my feet a lot I think that the ventilation (my feet do not get hot in these) and comfort will be invaluable.

JETech® Diamond 2 Serial Folio Leather Smart Cover iPad Case for Apple iPad 2, iPad 3, and the New iPad 4 with Built-in Stand and Front/Back Protection (Latest Version with Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature) (Silver/Yellow)
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, 26 Dec. 2014
We have has a few cases over the years, mostly not lasting long or not fitting well, this case so far looks good. Time will tell,but hopefully this one will last longer.

Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire Book 4)
Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 20 Dec. 2014
I have read the rest of the Katie Maguire series and had been looking forwards to this new book, unfortunately I was a bit disappointed, it all seemed to wrap up too quick at the end of the book. The story will no doubt continue into the next book, but I was left feeling as if I had missed something and there was more to come.

Sony MDR-1A Prestige Overhead Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-1A Prestige Overhead Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of Headphones., 20 Dec. 2014
Excellent! I sent back my pair of MDR-1R as they had an annoying rattle/knock from the cable jack connection, Sony has cured it with the MDR-1A. They have only had about 12 hours use so far are beginning to loosen up and the sound is improving daily.

The sound is excellent, a good all-round sound not too much bass and not too much treble just well balanced.

If I have a gripe it is that the foam ear pads are now made from thicker foam reducing the size of the gap for ears, my ear lobes will not fit into the earpad. Saying that they are not uncomfortable to wear.

A much better set of earphones than the MDR-1R, I don't use the Iphone cable so cannot comment on that, the jack cable I do use works OK and does not kink or twist. So far really pleased with these headphones, I have never owned an expensive set of phones but these mid range Sony's are all I could ask for.

Patuoxun® Black 30 Pin Dock Extender Extension Data Cable Sync Charge Lead for iPhone ipad iPod
Offered by Patuoxun

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 16 Dec. 2014
Does the job, not best quality but for the price I did not expect it to be.

Silver
Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Silver (Kindle Edition)
A great read, not the usual murder mystery from Graham Masterton but I really enjoyed the book

Sony MDR-1R Ultimate Over-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black
Sony MDR-1R Ultimate Over-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 16 Dec. 2014
Sound quality is excellent, bass not over powering. Very comfortable to wear, light and they do fit over the ear, some that claim to do not. I was delighted with them at first but after a bit of wearing I notice a knock every time I moved my head, I traced it to the jack plug connection on the left ear piece, the connection is loose and any movement transfers a knocking noise through the ear piece which gets annoying after a while. The bracket that holds the right ear piece in place was a bit loose and also caused a knocking noise. Sitting at home in a chair without moving your head these would be excellent, but if you want to use them on the move and are a bit sensitive to unwanted noises, as I am, I would not recommend buying these.
I have since seen on a few blogs that the loose jack plug connection is a common complaint with these headphones, I have returned mine and ordered the Sony MDR-1A Prestige Overhead Headphones as I have read that they are an improvement on the MDR-1R as they have better sound and the loose cable connection has been rectified.

A Brit Guide to Orlando & Walt Disney World 2015 (Brit Guides)
A Brit Guide to Orlando & Walt Disney World 2015 (Brit Guides)
by Simon Veness

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it, 12 Dec. 2014
We have been to Florida three times before and found this book most useful, so for our return in 2015 we have bought the latest issue. It has so many helpful tips and descriptions, for a first time visitor it should be seriously considered. If like us you have visited before it still has some info that can prove invaluable at times.

Gator Rigid Rigid EPS Foam Lightweight Case for Electric Guitars
Gator Rigid Rigid EPS Foam Lightweight Case for Electric Guitars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 12 Dec. 2014
Absolutely brilliant, nothing else to add.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4