Profile for Trixi Field > Reviews

Content by Trixi Field

Trixi Field "author of 'Your Song Your Joy'" (Hemel Hempstead, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
UKULELE TENOR CLEARWATER UKE IN MAHOGANY WITH CASE
UKULELE TENOR CLEARWATER UKE IN MAHOGANY WITH CASE

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely instrument, 17 Mar 2013
This ukulele, even with the strings it comes with, has a lovely sound and resonance. The price was very good too, since it comes with a good quality, sturdy case.

Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 Gels 5, 000 IU 360 capsules
Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 Gels 5, 000 IU 360 capsules
Offered by High Street
Price: 10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Required vitamin for the winter, 17 Mar 2013
Have been using these since last May and seem to have got through this winter with no colds (so far), generally good moods despite lack of sunlight exposure. It's a decent dosage per capsule. I've bought some for my parents and been recommending them to friends.

Food for Free
Food for Free
by Richard Mabey
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a wonderful book, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Food for Free (Hardcover)
As someone who loves to forage while out for a walk with the dog, this is a treasure of a book. You can't carry it with you, but lovely to put your feet up, find a new plant to look for, and then go look for it. Lovely photos too.

Crystal Body Travel Deodorant Stick 44 ml
Crystal Body Travel Deodorant Stick 44 ml
Offered by UniStore
Price: 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, 17 Mar 2013
Does what it says on the tin. Rub it on after a shower when the skin is still wet, and you don't pong! Well, it seems to work for me, or else I'm surrounded by terribly polite people!

Sarakan Toothpaste 50ml - 3 Pack
Sarakan Toothpaste 50ml - 3 Pack
Offered by Health Plus Living
Price: 9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes teeth feel smooth, 17 Mar 2013
This is a beautifully flavoured, non-foaming tooth paste. It's rather expensive, but worth spending the extra. Makes my teeth feel smoother and cleaner than any of the over-minty foamy products. Out of all the natural toothpastes, too, it's my favourite. I try others, but I keep coming back to Sarakan.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to play in tune, 17 Mar 2013
These ukuleles are of very poor quality. The problem is, I think, a design fault - the nut is far too high, so that, no matter how well you've tuned the instrument, as soon as your finger attempts to hold down a string on the first fret, the note is too sharp. The only way for it not to be out of tune, would be not to hold the string right down onto the wood - but of course, that would just make the string sound "tumpy". I saw no point in keeping this ukulele for more than 10 minutes, after which I returned it.
Hats off to Chamberlain, though. They refunded me very quickly and this critique of the instrument is no critique of their service.
I just feel that all these poor-quality instruments need to be returned back to the makers. They can never be anything more than a toy, I feel. I've since spent a lot more on a better one by a different maker - there's just no comparison!

Betty Hula Anti Bacterial Hand Cream Champagne & Spice 50ml
Betty Hula Anti Bacterial Hand Cream Champagne & Spice 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, 17 Mar 2013
I can't stop smearing this on my hands, if only for the lovely scent. Keeps hands smooth and there's no need to wear perfume - it has a very rich scent which I find very pleasant. Could be a bit much for someone else.

Jason Natural Products Vitamin E Creme 25,000 IU 120 ml
Jason Natural Products Vitamin E Creme 25,000 IU 120 ml
Offered by UniStore
Price: 11.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but a bit thick and gooey, 17 Mar 2013
This is a nice enough cream, but it was a bit thick and didn't spread as easily as some other creams I've used. It doesn't seem to have made a huge difference to my skin, but there's not a lot to put right anyway (apart from the normal ageing process!)

Emami / Himani Navratna Ayurvedic Herbal Hair (MultiPurpose) Oil 200ml
Emami / Himani Navratna Ayurvedic Herbal Hair (MultiPurpose) Oil 200ml
Offered by WorldWideMart UK
Price: 7.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool oil, 17 Mar 2013
This is literally cool on your skin; I tend to use it after a shower and it's very moisturising and also seems to increase circulation. It's quite a bright red colour so important to be careful where you put the bottle, and I'm not sure whether that's a natural or artificial colouring - if the latter, can't see the point. Smell is quite sweet, almost jasminy and it perfumes the skin gently after the shower.

Green on Silver Plated Ten Petal Flower Cocktail Ring
Green on Silver Plated Ten Petal Flower Cocktail Ring
Offered by Body Bling Accessories (FAST UK Shipping)
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty ring., 17 Mar 2013
The band that goes around your finger looks a little cheap but the stone settings more or less cover that up, and they are very pretty. My fingers are rather thin and even when I squeeze it closed, I don't quite get it fitting snugly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7