Profile for MissKimbo17 > Reviews

Gelert Rocky 3 Person Tent
Gelert Rocky 3 Person Tent
Price: £44.49 - £71.14

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice LITTLE tent, 21 May 2012
Bought this Gelert Rocky 3 man tent for a weekend of camping in Wiltshire. I have never camped before (not even as a girl guide) so this was a whole new experience for me. Put tent up in the back garden on a trial run during a lovely dry weekend in March and had intentions of doing the same until my May camp. Had read other reviewers saying it took them next to no time to put up. First go took me an hour bearing in mind I had never done this before.

Tent comes in small bag with handy instructions sewn in. On day of camping think it went up in about 20 mins so had managed to get my 1 hour down significantly!

Was sharing the tent with one other. I think that the Gelert Rocky 3 man tent is ok for 3 people in just sleeping bags (2 people in sleeping bags comfortably) but me and my friend had blow up beds. This left about a 1-2 inch gap between us. Tent is not tall enough to stand up in but our weekend consisted of rain and wind and the tent performed admirably. No drips but only a bit of condensation which I am led to believe is normal. Would say that this is a great little tent for feastivals and school trips, or as I was, initiation into the world of camping.

The Stonehenge Legacy
The Stonehenge Legacy
by Sam Christer

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by the title...., 13 May 2011
This review is from: The Stonehenge Legacy (Paperback)
..it's not spiritual - it is what it says on the front cover - a thriller. This is in fact a stonking good crime/police read involving Stonehenge and the surrounding area, although I thought the ending was a littled hurried. One reviewer mentioned a "Star Wars" moment - not sure where abouts that was but may be a little Indiana Jones three-quarters of the way through. Will look out for this author again on any subsequent novels and will be interested to see if DI Megan Baker and DS Jimmy Dockery crop up in the future on their crime fighting escapades across Wiltshire.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Head Jog butterfly clips, 4 May 2011
Set of 12 pink butterfly clips which do the job well. Quite a sturdy grip on them. Ordered on a Thursday night and arrived on the Monday Morning.

Head Jog Heat Retaining Quad Brush Set
Head Jog Heat Retaining Quad Brush Set
Offered by Glamour Ladies

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 piece heat hair brush, 4 May 2011
A nice set of brushes which cover all the sizes I would need. Come in handy zipped pouch. Ordered these on a Thursday night and arrived Saturday morning.

ETI Turbodryer 2000 Professional Salon Hairdryer - Hot Pink/Plum
ETI Turbodryer 2000 Professional Salon Hairdryer - Hot Pink/Plum
Offered by Amazing Hair & Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars ETI Fuschia Colour, 4 May 2011
Told my hairdresser, who thoroughly recommended this brand of my purchase. One young stylist said she had had her ETI 2000 for six years! Looking forward to seeing whether it lasts that long. The colour on the side of the box says Fuschia and the ETI2000 comes in about 18 colours. Lovely long lead and a detachable nozzle that actually stays on the hairdryer (I have in the past had to superglue the styling nozzle on).

UPDATE: Feb 2013 - Coming up to 2nd anniversary and still going strong!

The Secret Crown
The Secret Crown
by Chris Kuzneski

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Secret Crown (Paperback)
I have read all bar one of the Payne & Jones books, (being The Plantation). As much as I love the banter and commaradarie of Payne/Jones and with each book it feels I am revisiting old friends, I did find this one lacking the thrills, spills, drama and action of the other books. Maybe because it was set in Germany(!) but I expected the main villan to do a lot more chasing (trying not to give too much away here) but there was only really one bit of action. Agree with one reviewer, it was boring and slow. Such a shame.

6 pairs ladies thermal socks.warmth.nice colours
6 pairs ladies thermal socks.warmth.nice colours
Offered by School Wear United

1.0 out of 5 stars The only thing...., 29 Jan 2011
..I would say is that they didn't come in the pastel colours featured in the advert but in dark blues, greys, blacks. I wanted something that looked a bit more girly. Also had to wait a month (and 2 emails later - although I would say the email replies were more than prompt) because when I ordered the socks we had a mass dumping of snow (end of Nov '10). As for warmth, not really had the opportunity to test in really cold conditions.

The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1) (Ben Hope 1)
The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope, Book 1) (Ben Hope 1)
by Scott Mariani

5.0 out of 5 stars Wot a gr8 read!, 18 Nov 2010
If you do read any of the Ben Hope series, READ THE MOZART CONSPIRACY FIRST - it will make a lot of sence when reading The Doomsday Heracy and The Heretics Treasure as previous characters are referred to, and how the character of Ben Hope is thus shaped. Un-put-a-down-able read with a fast flowing plot although I thought the ending was abrupt, but not taking anything away from the auther. Scott Mariani cannot write a duff book!!!! Brilliant.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies) (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Premier Products

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little toothbrush but...., 20 Oct 2010
This is a good little toothbrush that does exactly what it says on the box. Was advised by my dentist to get an electric toothbrush as I use too much pressure when cleaning in the manual fashion. If too much pressure is used the toothbrush slows down slightly. I, unfortunately paid about £68 from Currys for mine and had I seen this on Amazon, would definitely have read the reviews and bought from here (won't make that mistake again!).

The only thing that really, really bugs me is that in Currys, they don't tell you that the toothbrush is a two prong plug so I spent another fiver (from Tescos) on an adapter (one advertised on here was something like 69p!). So unless you have the electric razor socket in your bathroom you will HAVE to invest in an adopter. Be warned!

Uprising (Vampire Federation)
Uprising (Vampire Federation)
by Scott G. Mariani

4.0 out of 5 stars Does this mean I'm into vampires?, 2 Sep 2010
Got this from the library and was originally looking for another Scott Mariani book after reading "The Heretic's Treasure", so wasn't sure when picking this up off the shelf that it was the same author (until I saw the other titles on the inside page).

Actually, I really did enjoy this book. I'm not into Twilight or the vampire movies/tv series that are doing the rounds at the moment so was a little apprehensive that it would be tough-going on the reading front, but it was quite the opposite - it was an easy read to the point of un-put-a-downable, I thought the plot was fast flowing and am going to look out, for definite, the sequel book (mentioned in the "Conversation with Scott Mariani") at the end pages. So do give this one a try - even if you're not into vampires!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4