Profile for Tucha > Reviews

Call the midwife: A True Story Of the East End in the 1950s
by Jennifer Worth
Price: 7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Call the midwife, 10 Sep 2013
Brilliant book. What an eye opener! It shows how times and society can be sometimes so unkind to us. Better than the TV series

The Name Book
The Name Book
by Pierre le Rouzic
Price: 9.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The name book, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Name Book (Paperback)
A brilliant book, I often use it when I meet someone new. It seems to fit perfectly to family members and friends. I thought I had lost my first book, I bought back in 1992, so order another one the following day was contacted by a friend who had borrowed it as she was expecting and wanted ideas on baby names. Very easy to use and understand

Oprah Winfrey Presents: Mitch Albom's for One More Day [2007] (Region 1) (NTSC) [DVD] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Michael Imperioli
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 5.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Film v book, 24 July 2013
I found the book a much better read, film can be confusing if you haven't read the book and know the story....

Your Life In Your Hands: Understand, Prevent and Overcome Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer
by Jane Plant CBE
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Take control of your life and health, 24 July 2013
What a brilliant book!!! Beautifully written in easy words with lots of explanations and references. A book that should be used as not only for women but for men as well to educate us in the money/business driven world we live in! A must read to better ourselves our health and our lives. Very inspiring and very frightening facts that Jane reveals to us all! If this book changes one person's life it is a plus. I do recommend that you all read this book to learn the affect that dairy and meat have on your health and follow Jane's advice on changing your eating habits!

The Time Keeper
The Time Keeper
by Mitch Albom
Price: 10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The time keeper, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Time Keeper (Hardcover)
Another masterpiece from Mitch Albom! As always he makes us stop and review the life we are living by respecting and acknowledging that our time as we know it is special and precious not only to us but everyone else we encounter and the affect we have on their lifes. Fantastic writer!

Angel Therapy Meditations CD
Angel Therapy Meditations CD
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars relaxing thats for sure, 22 April 2012
I enjoy the time I spent listening to this CD. The only fault I found was that it was too long, almost an hour; ok if you have the time but I would have prefered 20 to 30 minutes. I felt very relaxed and peaceful afterwards and lasted for quite a few days.

In the Midst of Life
In the Midst of Life
by Jennifer Worth
Price: 7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy life to the end, 22 April 2012
This review is from: In the Midst of Life (Paperback)
It gives you the oportunity to think about the end of life and teach us to communicate better with our family and friends to better prepare ourselves for a better, more peaceful last days.
The true stories she includes in the book are so wonderful, happy and sad. Couldn't put the book down, waiting for another three to arrive. A good read for most people I would say.

Only Spring: On Mourning the Death of My Son
Only Spring: On Mourning the Death of My Son
by Gordon Livingston
Price: 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Spring: on Mourning the death of my son, 30 Dec 2011
What a brilliant book, even though it made me cry all through the duration of reading it!
What a painful time Gordon Livingston and his family went through.It took a lot of courage for him and his family to allow it to be published but I know it will help all you read it.It will touch the most deepest part of your soul whether you have been through a similar experience or not and will help you to see what is important in life and discover your own self worth. My heart goes to all who have to endure such pain...

And The Winner Is
And The Winner Is
by Mitch Albom
Price: 4.77

5.0 out of 5 stars And the winner is, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: And The Winner Is (Paperback)
I was surprised when the book arrived and it was written as a play, but once I started reading it I couldn't put it dow. Very well written and it give us a different look into what is important to some of us even after we are dead! It will make us think and prioratise our lifes before it is too late.

How to Love
How to Love
by Gordon Livingston

5.0 out of 5 stars How to love, 28 Oct 2011
This review is from: How to Love (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book to guide you through life and finding your love. Reading it now I see how easy it is to make mistakes when you are young but then maybe we wouldn't see things as clear as we do when older. the book talks about different types of personalities and how to recognise them in every day encounters with people and friends. A very good guide on understanding what type of love we are looking for and that suits our personality.

Page: 1 | 2