Profile for kK D Connelly > Reviews

Content by kK D Connelly

kK D Connelly

Page: 1 | 2
How Do We Fix This Mess?: The Economic Price of Having it all, and the Route to Lasting Prosperity
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 1 May 2014
Very easy to understand in spite of the complexity of the subject matter. Peston is absolutely on the case and holds no bias one way or the other. He says it the way it is and helps you to understand it. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone trying to decide how to vote. It appears there are insufficient politicians with the ability to handle this enormous experiment. Add to that, the maneuvering to get the better of the other members and it is no surprise the EU is in ever deeper trouble. A failed experiment from which a few select individuals have made heaps of money. There are plenty of markets around the world eager to do business with Britain without all the nonsense that burdens Europe.

The Rotten Heart of Europe: Dirty War for Europe's Money
The Rotten Heart of Europe: Dirty War for Europe's Money
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent insight., 1 May 2014
I now feel I have some impression of how things proceed in the EU. Clearly the author is one of those people who has been in a position to see, at first hand, the unsatisfactory motivations and machinations of people who's greatest aim is to make a name for themselves. You would like to think that procedures exist for testing and proving plans for progress but, in truth, it seams that they are just winging it from one catastrophe to the next. I.E. Do something and see what happens then try to fix it. I do not believe there are many people who can get their head around the problems of Europe and I do not believe many of them are in a position to do anything about it! Clearly nobody in power realized that the Euro would take away a country's ability to devalue in order to become more competitive. The pattern repeats itself over and over. For me, its time to get out. I have read a number of books on this subject and I would recommend this book very highly.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?
WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars One sided, 1 May 2014
Apparently we would be doing better if Cameron and Osbourne had different facial features and were not educated at one of the worlds finest schools. These important facts are repeated several times, garnished with bile to reinforce the point.
I do accept the point about greedy bankers who have basically got us on the run. However they are not alone. All executives have seen enormous and disproportionate rises over the last two decades. ( The so-called rate for the job; which they set.) I am sure we want to see this feeding frenzy brought under control but we need to be in a strong financial position first. We also need to establish international standards of control to deal with these persistent and organised cri individuals. What is the difference between big business and the cocaine business? One of them has less protection of law than the other.
The book is, none the less, a heavily left wing biased rant claiming that the answer is to motivate protesters and union leaders to do all they can to impede the Coalitions efforts to repair the damage they inherited.
There are much better books available on this subject by more capable authors.

Kingston DataTraveler Micro DTMCK/8GB 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Kingston DataTraveler Micro DTMCK/8GB 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Offered by iFlash
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat and compact., 5 Feb 2014
I especially like the small dimensions of this unit because it can remain plugged into the laptop continuously when backing up data.

Pack of 10 X T Nuts Size M8 for wood, furniture leg and castor fixings
Pack of 10 X T Nuts Size M8 for wood, furniture leg and castor fixings
Offered by Suki Hardware
Price: 2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixing my headboard, 5 Feb 2014
I was able to replace the T-nuts in my bed frame with these allowing me to use the standard M8 headboard bolts I had bought to replace the previous (imperial?) bolts which had long since been lost. Swiftly delivered and easily installed. Very happy.

Once You Break a Knuckle: Stories
Once You Break a Knuckle: Stories
Price: 4.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull., 1 Oct 2013
Very elementary writing style. I actually quit out of boredom. I did not wish to devote time to this book.

The Great Tax Robbery: How Britain Became a Tax Haven for Fat Cats and Big Business
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Why you should be upset., 1 Oct 2013
Explains why you pay tax and they do not. A must read.You educate their kids. You light their streets. You keep their families safe. They pay for nothing!

The Diversity Illusion: What We Got Wrong About Immigration & How to Set It Right
Price: 4.67

5.0 out of 5 stars What people think plus how to articulate your feelings., 8 July 2013
Eloquent and factual.The 'Experiment'has clearly been the cornerstone of political careers. Non-compliance means no career. Simon Hughs springs to mind as an example. Politicians have been, and continue to be, cowards fostering their own interests over those of the nation. (With one notable exception, E.P.) The establishment is a cumbersome beast which can be very difficult to move.
At a time when civil unrest is growing around the world it is surely time for government to see the writing on the wall.
This book addresses the real issues in an unbiased manner and lays out the facts, good and bad, for all to see. And yet I have never found a book so alarming that I always think twice before resuming. For me the message is 'Consult the people, obey the people.'

Defenders Universal Repeller Adaptor
Defenders Universal Repeller Adaptor
Price: 8.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems effective, 5 Mar 2013
This seems to be keeping the pest animals out of my garden but I was forced to purchase the separate mains power supply as the batteries did not last long. It would benefit from packaging with the mains unit included rather than as an extra.

Adolf Hitler: My Part in his Downfall (Milligan Memoirs 1)
Adolf Hitler: My Part in his Downfall (Milligan Memoirs 1)
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic perspective by someone who was actually there., 5 Mar 2013
I have never laughed so much about the serious subject of war as when I read this book. It should be compulsory reading.
It should also carry a warning. You can hurt yourself laughing! Better news is that there are two more books in the series.
I have been waiting for this to come out on Kindle and I will now order the other two books. Five stars is probably not enough!

Page: 1 | 2