Profile for Hazelmint > Reviews

Linens Limited Supreme 500gsm Egyptian Cotton Guest Towel, Parsley
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Towels., 2 Aug 2014
Exact colour that I wanted but would have preferred a bit fluffier and thicker. However , I still rate the towels 10/10 for price and the speed they were delivered. Very satisfied.

Angel of the North
Angel of the North
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Well recommended., 10 July 2014
I bought this book for the simple fact that I too am , and are proud to be from Hull. I found the book very interesting and as it was set in the area I grew up in I could visualise clearly the characters walking the streets. Im not sure if a couple of events in the book are fact ( for instance , the Ellis Street shelter bomb ) as I can find nothing about them , but it was still an enjoyable book to read and also an original storyline. Well recommended.

Inside Llewyn Davis
Inside Llewyn Davis
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars ?????, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
The film ended in exactly the same way it started and the middle bit was confusing. The story was limp and quite frankly boring. I just couldn't see the point in the film and was amazed that I had wasted two hours of my life watching it. I watched it with my husband and I thought he was enjoying it but at the end he turned to me and said ' what was all that about ?' Enough said..........!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 2:56 PM BST

Gravity
Gravity
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Gravity (Blu-ray)
The graphics and views of earth in this film are really good. But Im afraid at times I was quite bored. ! I thought the storyline quite weak and it seemed as if , and was , a one woman Sandra Bullock show. It all seemed too far fetched and totally out of the realms of probability. I wouldn't watch it again and Im so glad I didn't but it.

The Fleethaven Trilogy
The Fleethaven Trilogy
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking read. !, 6 April 2014
I'm only half way through the second book but enjoying every minute of it. Margaret Dickinson never fails to deliver. !
This book is about three generations of the same family beginning with Esther who is a strong and sometimes ruthless woman who gets what she wants. Living in a small community in Lincolnshire everybody knows everything about each other and hearts are going to be broken when the two young people who love each other deeply find that they can never marry. Its a good story and highly recommended.

Fairfield Hall
Fairfield Hall
Price: 2.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Storyline., 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fairfield Hall (Kindle Edition)
This was one of the best books I have read in quite a while. The story of Annabel being 'tricked' into a marriage by her ruthless parents who paid her husband to marry her was terrible. Her husband , a Lord , needed the money to save his home but no thought was given to the workers on his estate. The new Lady Annabel reverses their fortunes and is loved by all but her husband and sister in law. Annabel is treat terribly by her husband , but she survives and goes on to have a very eventful life.
The storyline is so unique and also believable. Hats off to Margaret Dickinson , a wonderful book with a good start , gripping middle and well written ending ( which is quite rare in some books ! )
I can highly recommend Fairfield Hall.

Philomena
Philomena
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Philomena ???, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Philomena (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as it was on offer and wasn't sure I would like it , but in fact I loved it. However , I do agree that the title is very misleading. I too thought it would be about Philomena and her search for Anthony/Michael but it all revolves around Michael . I have never had anything to do really with gay people ( though I have worked with a few ) but Michaels story was an eye opener and I was riveted with it. Yes , there are some pretty nasty moments and Michael came across at times a very weak person but it was a lovely story and told me an awful lot about gays and also American history. Yes , he could have tried harder to find his birth mother , but then are we not all guilty of not trying harder ? In my view Philomena is a 'must read' !

The Thorn Birds
The Thorn Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Dated but great., 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Thorn Birds (Kindle Edition)
Have read this book twice before and thought I would put a copy on my kindle. Its a superbly written book revolving around the main character Meg growing up in Australia and the love she has for her local priest. She marries a pig of a man but her heart always belongs to Ralph.A lovely book.

For The Sake of Her Family
For The Sake of Her Family

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb !, 27 Jan 2014
I have never read any of Dianes book before and only bought this because it was cheap. However , it was one of the best books I have read. So many twists and turns and this was one of the rare times when I couldn't predict the ending. A very easy book to read and at times I found it hard to put down.
Diane Allen is now on my favourite authors list. !

Mersey View
Mersey View

2.0 out of 5 stars Yawwwwn !, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mersey View (Kindle Edition)
I have read many of Ruth Hamiltons books and have always enjoyed them , but NOT Mersey View. I struggled with the first three chapters and totally gave up at chapter five. I found it confusing at times and im afraid the long drawn out Liverpool conversations bored the life out of me. Liverpudlians are like Hullians with their 'own dialect' but unless you live in those places you struggle to understand it. Sorry , no offence meant !
The main character was a bit too goody , goody for me and unfortunately I just gave up which is a shame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4