ARRAY(0xac7b75e8)

Profile for Andrew Murphy > Reviews

Content by Andrew Murphy

Andrew Murphy "APM" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Soul Lifter
Soul Lifter
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping story with some great characters., 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Soul Lifter (Kindle Edition)
Initially I was drawn into this story as it is set in my home town and I was familiar with many of the locations used. I quickly became interested in, and began to relate to, the main character, who was well developed throughout the story. What initially appears to be a relatively straightforward crime investigation, quickly develops into a much more interesting mystery with surprising twists! Well worth a read and the ending is superb. Recommended!

BBC Weather
BBC Weather

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal weather app, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: BBC Weather (App)
The best weather app that I have seen. Lovely clear information with an intuitive interface that makes the app quick and easy to use.

Speccy Nation
Speccy Nation
Price: 1.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Nostalgia Trip, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Speccy Nation (Kindle Edition)
A nice little book which is a great read for anyone who owned a Spectrum back in the 80s. It brought back many fond memories and made me seek out an emulator to replay some of the games.

TVCatchup
TVCatchup

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: TVCatchup (App)
This is a great app which is so simple to operate. It has a wide range of channels which are very similar to the Freeview channels. It allows the use to preview each channel and then watch in full screen when you have found what you want to watch.
Highly recommended.

Belkin Wireless N150 Modem Router ADSL  (BT Line)
Belkin Wireless N150 Modem Router ADSL (BT Line)
Offered by HeatDeals
Price: 12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A great router, 8 Jan 2013
Wanting to upgrade from my basic wired router which came with the package from the broadband provider, I investigated a variety of options. This has proved excellent. I saw no point investing in a higher speed router when my broadband service is so much slower. This router handles all my needs and streams videos, iPlayer etc very well. I use it wirelessly with my PC, Netbook, iPhone, KIndle and Kindle Fire and it is also wired to my Raspberry Pi and XBox.
Highly recommended.

Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - With Special Offers [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tablet., 8 Jan 2013
I bought this during the Black Friday offers period and so got it for 99. I already had a KIndle but wanted a tablet for the apps, especially the web browsing and Twitter. This has proved perfect for both as well as a host of other uses. I was very impressed that all the Kindle purchases made previously were immediately available, although I prefer the e ink display for reading rather than the LCD display of the FIre. Music purchased previously through Amazon can also be downloaded.There are many apps available and a must-have for the UK is the BBC iPlayer. Games, puzzles and productivity apps are also downloadable.
Highly recommended.

BBC iPlayer(Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC iPlayer(Kindle Tablet Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential download for The Kindle Fire, 8 Jan 2013
This was one of the first apps I downloaded for my new Kindle Fire. It also downloads and installs the BBC Media Player app, which it needs in order to work correctly. The whole process is quick and once installed works as expected. The only function lacking is the download option which I find useful for watching programmes on the go away from WiFi. As a result only four stars. A must have for the Kindle Fire in the UK.

BBC Media Player
BBC Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed for the iPlayer on Kindle Fire, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: BBC Media Player (App)
I downloaded and installed the iPlayer app and was instructed to download this to make the iPlayer work. It works seamlessly with the iPlayer to stream the content.

Twitter
Twitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent app, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Twitter (App)
The Twitter app for Kindle Fire works just as you would expect. Entries are easy to read and it allows the user to perform all the functions that you would expect easily and quickly.

Interactive Periodic Table of Elements
Interactive Periodic Table of Elements

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 8 Jan 2013
Useful for quick reference, but also contains detail for those who might need it. The interface is efficient and easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2