Profile for Cardman > Reviews

Cardman

White Mink Black Cotton Vol 3
White Mink Black Cotton Vol 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's get swinging, 16 Dec. 2013
So happy this album came out just before Christmas-that's my Christmas presents sorted! A fantastic listen for those who love vintage style swing or those who prefer the more modern dancy beats. My personal favourites are Katzenjammer's Demon Kitty Rag-such an uplifting dancing track, or the clever swingy twist on Crazy in Love- which gives a real flair for the Great Gatsby era. I would highly recommend this for anyone interested in 1920's-30s inspired sounds or generally anyone with a decent taste in music!

Electro Blues, Vol. 1
Electro Blues, Vol. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars More more more, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Electro Blues, Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I never counted myself as an intense follower for either genre but put together I can fully admit- I'm a fan. From getting sucked into the seemingly smoky era of what apparently is called `swampy blues' with Devil take my soul and Suzie Q to grooving it out to some of the Swing Republic tracks...the album provides a bit of everything. The not to be missed harmonica tunes mixed with bluesy guitar rhythms and a crazy pulsating bass line is a true sound for sore ears! Not to forget the two friendly chaps on the cover and an overall beautiful artwork design! All in all- amazing!