Profile for Anne > Reviews

Tribute [Standard]
Tribute [Standard]
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love his voice, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tribute [Standard] (Audio CD)
I really enjoy this cd, I have it on in my car and it does tend to encourage me to up the speed so maybe not ideal listening in the car! It's feel good, singalong kind of music and it gets me in a good mood.
John Newman sometimes reminds me of The Manic Street Preachers.

Paper Fashions: Extra Stuff (Klutz Extra Stuff)
Paper Fashions: Extra Stuff (Klutz Extra Stuff)
by Klutz Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars An Ideal Present, 7 Jan 2011
I gave this to my 9 yr old daughter under the guise of the Three Kings and she loves it, she says it's the best present she has got this Xmas and there has been very stiff competition!! I myself was surprised not to find a model on which to put the clothes but maybe that was clear in the product description. This hasn't bothered her at all and she has put all her creations in a scrapbook. It is also a fun thing to do when friends come round, they get to use their imaginations and create different designs. Well worth the money and it makes an ideal gift for 7 to 10 yr old girls, they will love it.

The Story Tree
The Story Tree
by Hugh Lupton
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars good stories but boring reader, 3 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Story Tree (Audio CD)
Both my four year old daughter and I like the stories but having listened to The Enormous Crocodile read by Stephen Fry and other stories read by Hugh Laurie, we were both disappointed by the Hugh Lupton's lack of enthusiasm and zest when reading the Story Tree.
My daughter quickly pointed out that all the characters have the same voice, even the old lady and the young girl in the Magic Porridge Pot.
I think how a story is read (especially one without the visuals) is essential for its enjoyment so all these stories would have benefited from a different kind of reading.