Profile for SuziB > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 690

SuziB
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Matrix Trilogy 3-Disc Set: The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Jada Pinkett Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars An all time classic!, 11 May 2015
Already knew I loved the films, I can't count how many times I've watched them, but bought them for my poor ignorant 16 year old daughter, who, when asked recently whether she would take the blue pill or the red pill looked on in puzzlement with no understanding of the wit of this comment. When futher quizzing took place & I realised she had no idea that De Ja Vu is a glitch in the Matrix!!!!! I knew immediately that this glaring oversight in her education needed to be remedied post haste! I will not stand & be accused of inadequate parenting, so have bought this trilogy at a ridiculously low price (when you think of what's at stake here... My credibility as a good Mum!) & my poor neglected child has been provided with this marvelous tool that will ensure, not only her future happiness, but hopefully a good many of her friends' who all stand mooning about without any concept of REALITY!

Buttons and Scissors (Pro)
Buttons and Scissors (Pro)

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly & addictive!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Buttons and Scissors (Pro) (App)
My husband spotted an ad for this & laughingly offered to download it for me! I countered that surely it was much more his thing & as it turns out I was right! He downloaded it as a bit of nonsense & then sat & played it for several hours straight, reaching something ridiculous like level 100 before he put it down! He has played it several times since & as much as I mock him, it actually seems like quite an addictive game. Even if you're no good at it (like me) there's something very therapeutic about snipping away at all of those buttons! You may well hate it, but how could I score it any lower when it's brought so much joy into an otherwise dull world too often devoid of brightly coloured buttons that you may chop off at will?!!!

300: Rise Of An Empire [DVD] [2013]
300: Rise Of An Empire [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Eva Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film., 11 May 2015
Absolutely brilliant! If you loved the first film you cannot fail but love this also & although, maybe, not quite as good as the original, I wonder if that's just down to the fact that having seen the first, the dark, semi-gothic/steampunk tone of the film is not such a novelty as it was with the original? It was good to catch up with some "old friends" in this sequel & see what they've all been up to & the story line stands up well in comparison to 300. I shall definitely be watching this again.

ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK., 11 May 2015
This review is from: ES File Explorer (App)
My husband downloaded it in an attempt to be able to use Google Play on his Amazon Kindle & download a newer version of his favourite game. It didn't work so we'll be buying a "proper" android tablet next time so he can use Google Play which has newer, more up to date apps & generally a much better offering than Amazon Kindle has to offer. (We owned a fully android tablet prior to the Kindle & the Kindle has been trather a disappointment in comparison!)

R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD]
R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, lighthearted film!, 11 May 2015
Rather amusing & a bit of fun to watch. It's not the sort of film I'll watch & watch again, but I'm still glad I bought it.

Jack The Giant Slayer [DVD]
Jack The Giant Slayer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stanley Tucci

4.0 out of 5 stars A cooler take on the "Fairytale" than Disney provides!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Jack The Giant Slayer [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed it, I'm loving this new Steampunk meets fairy tale genre, it's nice to see fairytales getting back to their original, more scary & gritty roots rather than the vomit worthy "Disneyfication" of such stories that has occurred since... well... since Disney got involved in telling them! (Maleficient being the exception). Well worth a watch, though I'm not sure if I'll watch it again any time soon.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter [DVD]
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benjamin Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars OK., 11 May 2015
It was ok, nothing great, but not the worst film I've ever seen either. It's worth a watch once, but I can't see me watching it again.

Battle: Los Angeles [DVD] [2011]
Battle: Los Angeles [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Aaron Eckhart

3.0 out of 5 stars Average!, 11 May 2015
Started watching it, thought "Oh dear" not long into it, gave it another 20 minutes before it got turned off! I can't in all fairness score it any lower because I've not watched it all (& my son says it does get better after about 40 minutes) but I cannot remember the last time I didn't watch a film all of the way through!

Seven Psychopaths [DVD]
Seven Psychopaths [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Farrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Sooo funny!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Seven Psychopaths [DVD] (DVD)
Recommended by my son & I'm glad I listened. Hubby & I had to pause it several times whilst recovering our senses from laughing so much. Christopher Walken is an absolute gem & the contrast between how you imagine him to be (authoritative, serious, even dour) & his character is a piece of genius on the part of the casting director. I actually cannot abide Colin Farrel, but in this he is utterly hilarious & once again brownie points for that casting chappie/chappess! The guy with the dog on the cover (don't know his name) is brilliant & his interactions with Farrell still have me chuckling now! The most ridiculous concept for a film ever & because of that, one of the funniest I've seen in a long time :o)

The Brothers Grimm [DVD]
The Brothers Grimm [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: The Brothers Grimm [DVD] (DVD)
I havn't actually watched the DVD yet, but I have already seen half of the film on TV & enjoyed it enough to want to watch the beginning that I'd missed the first time around. I'm really loving this new genre of Steampunk meets favourite fairy tales & putting a new, slightly gothic spin on them. When I was a small child fairy tales were much more frighteneng (I remember being positively terrified of the portrayal of the Beast in my Beauty & the Beast book, now look at him the poor devil after Disney finished with him - a Sweeeet Beast??!!) with wolves being slit open, having their bellies filled with rocks & then all sewn up again before he even woke up! Although more macabre, they were the original tales told before the advent of "political correctness" & somehow it was better to be scared of the monster in a book rather than the mosnters that children can dream up all by themselves which are usually much more difficult to deal with (you can't remove the offending imagination from the childs room, but a book is easily taken away to protect their safety!) Anyway, the point I'm making is that even though these films aren't quite as "family of little kids friendly" they are more like the original tales & I feel, much better for it! Something, I'm sure, the Brothers Grimm themselves, would be very proud of!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20