Profile for SuziB > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 677

SuziB
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Interesting Times: (Discworld Novel 17) (Discworld series)
Interesting Times: (Discworld Novel 17) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 11 May 2015
As always, a brilliant read from the sadly departed Mr. Pratchett. He, his discworld & so many characters that seem like friends, will be very sorely missed. R.I.P.

Rustins 500ml Quick Dry Paint - Matt Black
Rustins 500ml Quick Dry Paint - Matt Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job., 11 May 2015
Absolutely great. Purchased to paint a pine book case & then distress it, for my daughters bedroom. It actually looks incredible, I'm rather jealous. Very classy & a new modern twist on the distressed furniture look. I was rather apprehensive at the thought of painting a brand new £110 solid wooden bookcase black, but it has turned out to look stunning! I think the fact the paint is matt helps a lot, I feel certain it would have just looked tacky had I used gloss or satin. It's a good quality paint, very easy application & very quick drying. One coat took about 20 minutes to dry outside on a warmish dry day. It also goes very far, did the entire, very large, bookcase (1 coat) & still had half a tin left.

Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1)
Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 11 May 2015
Excellent series of books, I fully intend to write to the makers of The lord of the Rings/the Hobbit films & beg them to make these into films so I can finally discuss how great the stories are with my non-book loving friends!

Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 3)
Assassin's Quest (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 11 May 2015

Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 2)
Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 11 May 2015

Fool's Errand (The Tawny Man Trilogy, Book 1)
Fool's Errand (The Tawny Man Trilogy, Book 1)

Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint - Chalk White - 750ml
Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint - Chalk White - 750ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely paint., 11 May 2015
I bought this to paint the underside trim & legs of a chunky little pine farmhouse dining table I built. I havn't actually used it yet because I've been rather enjoying the table "au naturel" but I shall be using it very soon, as soon as the weather allows me to do it in the garden. I have, however, tested the paint, as due to a previous mistake in ordering the wrong colour, I wanted to check the colour of this one. It has a beautiful chalky white/matte finish, exactly what I was hoping for. It is very pleasant to use, unlike horrible gloss paints & has little to no odour. I have never used any other chalk paints so I don't know how this compares, but I think it's lovely & can see little point in spending more money on "trendy" brands when this does such a fine job.

The Best Of The Goons
The Best Of The Goons

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy Dad, one not-so-happy Mum!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: The Best Of The Goons (Audio CD)
I don't quite know which brought a smile to my face more, buying this for my Dads' Christmas present (along with the best of the Goon show no-2) was it the knowledge that my Dad can finally listen to all those so fondly remembered antics from yesteryear that he has whistfully craved over the years, or the fact that my Mum (like all women on the planet, including myself) hates this rubbish & will have to sit through it because number One Daughter bought it & it's a Christmas present?!!! Cruel, but a little bit funny too! :o)

The Best Of The Goon Shows No. 2
The Best Of The Goon Shows No. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy Dad, one not-so-happy Mum!, 11 May 2015
I don't quite know which brought a smile to my face more, buying this for my Dads' Christmas present (along with the best of the Goon show no-1) was it the knowledge that my Dad can finally listen to all those so fondly remembered antics from yesteryear that he has whistfully craved over the years, or the fact that my Mum (like all women on the planet, including myself) hates this rubbish & will have to sit through it because number One Daughter bought it & it's a Christmas present?!!! Cruel, but a little bit funny too! :o)

World War Z [DVD]
World War Z [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by b68solutions

2.0 out of 5 stars Too "family friendly" i.e. NOT a scary Zombie epic!, 11 May 2015
This review is from: World War Z [DVD] (DVD)
A bit of a disappointment to be honest! I have not, in all fairness, watched it all yet, but I think that in itself shows that the film 'aint that great as who turns a film off half way through? Or, indeed, fails to be excited enough about it to have watched the rest at a later date? I was expecting a Hollywood Zombie epic, but what I got was a too "family friendly" film, all a bit too sweet & twee & strangely un-realistic (considering the irony that I've seen many Zombie films far more believable than this!) I should have realised when I saw Brad Pitt being interviewed about his part in this film & he said he wanted to be in a film his kids could watch, that this was not going to be a "grown-ups" film. I'll probably watch the rest one day if I get desperate, but at the moment I don't even care enough to find out what happens in the end!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20