Profile for Mr. J. Butler > Reviews

Teachers Complete Series 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by lobigo

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish my teachers were like this!, 11 July 2007
I was bought this as a Fathers Day present and haven't stopped laughing yet. All 4 series are hilarious and I cant believe that channel 4 stopped making it, it is as funny today as when I was watching it first time around.. As a hint to assist in the humour, if you have never seen this before watch the backgroud, it's often as funny as the main characters.

If this is what teachers are really like, I am worried about sending my kids to school.

An absolutely hilarious steal at this price.

Born To Play - Spiderman 3 Wheel Scooter
Born To Play - Spiderman 3 Wheel Scooter

4.0 out of 5 stars Spiderman Scooter, 11 July 2007
This scooter is, according to my 3 year old son, 'Brilliant Dad'. Overall it is well built, sturdy and well balanced. It is light and controlable by someone so small. The platics have started to fade, but this is understandable. Please be aware that assembly is required and no tools are supplied. Stickers also have to be applied.

Sony DCR-DVD106 Handycam DVD Camcorder With 2.5'' LCD Screen
Sony DCR-DVD106 Handycam DVD Camcorder With 2.5'' LCD Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great sony product let down by poor software, 11 July 2007
What a great DVD Camcorder for a great price!! Seriously I have owned this for a few months now, and I cannot find any major problems with it. The picture quality is astounding for the price, and the sound quality is above average. Now the bad points...Sony chose not to include any DVD's with the package, so if you want to use it straight away you need to order them at the same time as the camcorder. Sony also, in their well know and infinate wisdom, decided that the camcorder needs to remind you every time you put a disc in that their discs are better than any-one else's and they recommend you only use theirs. This is utter twaddle!! I have been using TDK DVD-RW almost exclusively since I got it and they are better that the sony discs I purchased initially.

Now onto the software supplied with the camcorder.
I own numerous Sony products (Camcorder/dvd recorder/mp3 player/camera etc) and the 106 has the same problem as every other sony product. The supplied software, though perfectly capable of doing everything you want, is an utter nightmare to use. Also beware, when you upload the software it is designed to bury itself as deep as it can into your hard drive and latches onto and Sonic/Sony software you already have on your drive. The software for the 106 even told me that it could not fully install as the Sonic software I had on my hard drive was to up to date, and recommeded that I re-install an older version. No thanks.

Overall a great product from Sony, let down again by difficult software.