Profile for David Lowe > Reviews

Content by David Lowe

David Lowe (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Test Of Courage: Michel Thomas: A Biography Of The Holocaust Survivor And Nazi-Hunter By Christopher Robbins

5.0 out of 5 stars A GENUINE UNSUNG HERO AND TEACHER, 18 May 2016
Michel Thomas is a truly remarkable man with a thoroughly absorbing, true story to share, and Christopher Robbins tells it admirably. The title of The Test of Courage is an understatement that becomes apparent very quickly. Indeed, from page one, this book is a genuine page turner in every sense of the phrase, and one of those reads I looked forward to picking-up at the end of the day. It's a must read for anyone who, like me, wishes to know about unsung heroes from the past. And you can be sure Michel Thomas is up there among the bravest and most gifted. Thoroughly recommended!

Logitech Mouse M100 Dark
Logitech Mouse M100 Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars A PERFECT DISABILITY AID, 23 April 2016
I am partially disabled by Dystonia (Dystonic Tremor) and this 'no frills' mouse ... ie no silly side buttons to get in the way: just the bog standard left and right click and scroll wheel facilities ... does the job perfectly. Thoroughly recommended for anyone with a Dystonic, Parkinson's or Essential hand tremor, and anyone else who finds those side buttons on other mouse devices as infuriating as I do. Also, unlike wireless mouses, the Logitech M100 is far more reliable. No battery needed, just plug-in (USB) and away you go.

Binary 240 Cd DVD Carry case Leather Stlye Look
Binary 240 Cd DVD Carry case Leather Stlye Look
Offered by Media Replication

5.0 out of 5 stars PERMANENT ARCHIVE, 24 Mar. 2016
Perfect for the permanent storage of CD burns of dozens of my BBC radio shows spanning 1999 to 2014, plus CD copies of the TV media reaction to my sudden disappearance from the airwaves in May 2014 ... "BBC Sacks DJ for Playing Sun Has Got His Hat On" ... blazed the front page Mail on Sunday headline. Yep, that was me folks, but I'm still around, and still astonished at the number of times the BBC has sanctioned the use of the "N-word" on-air on radio and TV since my departure. I rest my case m'lud.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Omega Dog (Joe Venn Crime Action Thriller Series Book 1)
Omega Dog (Joe Venn Crime Action Thriller Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars ENJOYABLE READ, 19 Mar. 2016
A fast paced, absorbing and thoroughly believable plot with a well-drawn 'cast'.

Sea to Sky (A Hunter Rayne Highway Mystery, Book 3)
Sea to Sky (A Hunter Rayne Highway Mystery, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars GENUINE PAGE TURNER, 21 Feb. 2016
I wouldn't call myself a fan of murder mystery but something told me to give this novel a try. I'm glad I did. The intriguing and sometimes moving sub plots, for me, helped to turn "Sea to Sky" into a genuine page turner. Then, to cap it all, the denouement came as a bit of a surprise ... but entirely believable in the circumstances. A very good read.

Feats Don't Fail Me Now
Feats Don't Fail Me Now

5.0 out of 5 stars DEJA VU, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Feats Don't Fail Me Now (Audio CD)
My original (well used) LP was stolen and it has taken me far too long to buy-in a CD replacement. It's good to hear it again minus all the vinyl clicks and nicks

The Atomic Times:  My H-Bomb Year at the Pacific Proving Ground
The Atomic Times: My H-Bomb Year at the Pacific Proving Ground

4.0 out of 5 stars LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER, 9 Oct. 2015
An informative, often amusing, and sometimes alarming account of the careless indifference, incompetence and downright criminal callousness of the US military top brass during the mid-1950s H-bomb tests in the Pacific. A real eye opener!

Motorola Talker T60 2 Way Walkie Talkie Radio - Black (Pack of 2)
Motorola Talker T60 2 Way Walkie Talkie Radio - Black (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERY GOOD BUY, 9 Oct. 2015
Just the job for in-house and house to garden communications

Mens Brown Suede Moccasin Slippers with Wool Lining and Hard Sole. Size 13
Mens Brown Suede Moccasin Slippers with Wool Lining and Hard Sole. Size 13
Offered by J.C. Household

4.0 out of 5 stars ALL SET FOR WINTER, 4 Oct. 2015
I take a size 12-13 in shoes so I opted for the size 13. I had to loosen the tie a fraction to give me a snug fit, but the result - after a couple of hours wear - was just right. Come winter, I can now look forward to comfy footwear around the house.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY INSTALLATION, 30 Aug. 2015
The product arrived in good order and - unlike some of the other ink carts I've had to change in the past - installation of the replacement carts into my Epson XP415 was a breeze. Full marks to the design team!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8