Profile for David Lowe > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars HARRIS AT HIS VERY BEST, 3 Oct 2014
Another brilliantly written, suspenseful work from one of today's most gifted authors ... thoroughly recommended

The Whole Story
The Whole Story

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! KATE'S BACK, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Whole Story (Audio CD)
I bought this collection on the strength of Kate's recent critically acclaimed concerts. It's good to hear some of her best work again.

Katy Lied
Katy Lied
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars HONEST TO GOODNESS DAN, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Katy Lied (Audio CD)
I'd forgotten how good this Steely Dan album was. It's currently my in-car number one choice .... brilliant stuff! A tough choice between Royal Scam and Reelin' in the Years.

Dixie Chicken
Dixie Chicken

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Dixie Chicken (Audio CD)
I've been hooked on the subtle complexity of the music of Little Feat ever since I first heard "Feats Don't Fail Me Now" in the 1970s. It's taken me a long time to replace my "Dixie Chicken" LP with the CD version, but it's been well worth the wait for the title track alone.

12 Greatest Hits II
12 Greatest Hits II
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars another personal favourite. In fact it's a fine all-round collection, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: 12 Greatest Hits II (Audio CD)
"Hello Again" ... the very first track I played on radio in October 1981. At last I've got around to adding the CD version to my archive. This album also contains "September Morn" ... another personal favourite. In fact it's a fine all-round collection. David Lowe (former BBC radio producer-presenter 1981-2014)

Blue
Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A CASE ON JONI, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Blue (Audio CD)
I've been meaning to add "A Case of You" to my collection for some time. Better late than never. Hauntingly brilliant.

UNDERDOG, THE BOYS FROM DORAVILLE
UNDERDOG, THE BOYS FROM DORAVILLE

5.0 out of 5 stars A STAND-OUT TRACK AND MUCH MORE, 3 Oct 2014
As a former guitarist/back-up vocalist, this collection contains one of my all-time favourite tracks ... "My Song". It speaks to me and for me, and would - I'm sure - do the same for all my fellow guitarists/singers who hear it. Oh, and there are plenty of other great tracks on this CD. Thoroughly recommended for any serious rock 'n' blues music lovers.

4" High Armchair Bolster Booster Easy Rise Cushion Great for Elderly / Pregnancy
Offered by Chums Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Very Tall People!, 27 Feb 2014
At 68 years old and standing 6 ft 6 inches tall, sitting on my nearly-new sofa had become a problem. It was not only 'a long way down' to sit, but even more of a struggle when I wanted to get back onto my feet. In the end, I decided to try an armchair booster cushion. Problem solved instantly! Okay, the support cushion doesn't completely cover the surface of the sofa cushion, but strategically placed on top of the sofa cushion, it has proved to be a comfortable solution to what had become, for me, an increasingly strenuous mobility issue. Thoroughly recommended for very tall, ageing Baby Boomers!

Fellowes Memory Foam Keyboard Wrist Support - Sapphire
Fellowes Memory Foam Keyboard Wrist Support - Sapphire

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST THE JOB !, 20 Jan 2014
If, like me, you suffer from the effects of a Dystonic, Parkinson’s or other hand tremor, this product is for you. Instead of allowing your hands to hover over your keyboard, use a Fellowes wrist support to rest the balls of your palms on as you type. I promise you, your typos will be reduced dramatically because resting your hands as described above, helps to minimise a tremor. I prefer to use this ‘textured’ sapphire Fellowes support, because it allows you to ‘slide’ your hand smoothly from side to side, as your fingers reach for the keys. I find the alternative smooth plastic support is a bit ‘catchy’ against the skin and it limits the kind of flexibility I get with the ‘textured’ support. However, it’s all a matter of personal preference. Either way, I thoroughly recommend this product … top marks!

The Very Best Of Tommy Steele
The Very Best Of Tommy Steele
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars THE LUND'N BOY DUN GOOD, 15 Dec 2013
This is an excellent, all-round retrospective of Tommy Steele's recording career, and it has already proved to be a valuable addition to my production archive. It's a must-have choice for all Tommy Steele fans. David Lowe ~ Producer-Presenter BBC West & South West

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5