Profile for Pottercl01 > Reviews

Pottercl01

A Tiny Bit Marvellous
A Tiny Bit Marvellous
by Dawn French

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight! Can't believe it has such mixed reviews, 19 May 2012
This review is from: A Tiny Bit Marvellous (Paperback)
Reviews on Amazon rarely surprise me. From showers of praise to buckets full of grievances - most reviews have a fair mixture - and that's all down to personal opinion. But criticism for this book, I cannot comprehend. I found this book a delight. Very well written, with French's trademark humour and a deep and complex storyline that almost everyone can relate to. Laugh out-loud moments, a fair few tears and a shock twist ending. This book will keep you on your toes.

Darkness Descending - The Murder of Meredith Kercher
Darkness Descending - The Murder of Meredith Kercher
by Paul Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have read for a while - Couldn't put it down., 11 Feb. 2012
Wasn't really expecting much from this book, I've read a lot of true crime and although I find them interesting they are never written that well. So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered this book - SO well written, enthralling, a book I will definitely be reading more than once! In case you couldn't tell - HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!

Ancol Glitter Safety Release Buckle Cat Bell Collar
Ancol Glitter Safety Release Buckle Cat Bell Collar
Offered by Pet Connection

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit big for a kitten but looks comfortable and easy to wear. Safety release works perfectly., 11 Jan. 2012
I ordered this for my 3 month old kitten. I wanted to get her used to wearing a collar from a young age so that when she's old enough to go outside she can wear one and be used to it. Received this product within 4 days of purchase, so a pretty speedy delivery (standard super saver.) The collar came in red/pink which was lovely. I took the bell off as my kitten thought the collar was a toy and tried to bite it. Unfortunately at this moment in time the collar is still a little big for my kitten so unless your kitten is older than mine it's not a good idea to order it. However, until my kitten is big enough to wear the collar I have put it on my older (and fatter) cat and it is a perfect fit. Once my kitten is old enough to fit the collar I will be ordering another one for my older cat so they will both be wearing one. Thanks for a great product.

My Best Friend's Girl [DVD] (2008)
My Best Friend's Girl [DVD] (2008)
Dvd ~ Dane Cook
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 26 Dec. 2011
I didn't expect much from this film but it has fast become one of my favourites...an original story-line and a cast that I was surprised at. I think this is a different take on a 'love story' - it follows the story of a dysfunctional guy and his dysfunctional relationships. This story deserves more credit and while I'm at it - more publicity.

Cath Kidston Provence Crush Mug, Fine China, Blue
Cath Kidston Provence Crush Mug, Fine China, Blue
Offered by English Designer Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it!, 17 Dec. 2011
The main thing, I am ashamed to admit, that attracted me to this product was the price. My mum loves Cath Kidston and it is cheaper on Amazon than in the shops. It is a christmas gift. Great and unique pattern - Can't say I've ever seen it before. So far so good on the wear-and-tear front. Speedy delivery.

Kurt Cobain: Journals
Kurt Cobain: Journals
by Kurt Cobain

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, 17 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Kurt Cobain: Journals (Paperback)
I'm not very interested in Kurt Cobain - or this book as a matter of fact (I ordered this for a friends Christmas gift) HOWEVER, once it arrived I was transfixed. It is a big brightly coloured and great quality book that even I found interesting. I really did not expect a brilliant quality book like that for the price I paid. Money well spent. Oh and great fast delivery too. Thanks!

East of India Wooden Best Mum Gift Tag
East of India Wooden Best Mum Gift Tag
Offered by Emily Rose Interiors

3.0 out of 5 stars Impressive delivery, good price but tiny product., 17 Dec. 2011
Don't get me wrong - I am impressed with this product for a number of reasons. Firstly, I can't fault the delivery, it came faster than anything I've ever ordered from amazon has ever come. The price was pretty good. It was packaged in a great way and undamaged. However, don't just judge the product on the picture... I bought this for a present and it is TINY. Look at the picture and imagine it ten times smaller. Aside from that, thanks for a good product.

God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
by Christopher Hitchens

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work if you're not a reader but stick with it and it's fantastic, 17 Oct. 2011
if you're not much of a reader you may struggle at first to get interested in this book but pursue it and you will really enjoy it. There are some great points made by an obviously intelligent person. A great price too.