Profile for LadyA > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 19 May 2014
I read this too quickly. I was going to hear Steve Watson speak about this book at Chorleywood; I would have got a free copy but was so excited by the description that I had to gorge on it before I went. What an exciting idea - it's not surprising this first novel was snapped up to Hollywood A list. Steve also helped me take the plunge into early retirement from the NHS and realise that, actually, if I can be as well off and write - it's a no brainer choice. I don't expect to be nearly as successful as SW, but I am enjoying trying.

Before the Poison
Before the Poison

5.0 out of 5 stars A familiar departure, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Before the Poison (Kindle Edition)
Not a DCI Banks book, but familiar settings and a great storyline as usual. I was a bit upset when DCI Banks became a TV series because, firstly, I'd read them all so would always know the ending and, secondly, PR paints such an atmosphere that I had clear images in my mind and didn't want anyone else's to spoil things for me. I've sort of got over it, but it was nice to read something to imagine afresh.

Peaches for Monsieur le Curé
Peaches for Monsieur le Curé

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 19 May 2014
I didn't think you could follow up Chocolat, but JH has done this a few times. I loved Lollipop shoes, but this is a bit more familiar to anyone who loved Chocolat.

Engleby
Engleby

5.0 out of 5 stars Smitten, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Engleby (Kindle Edition)
Not my first SF, but different from the others I read, and persuaded me to buy more. A great example of an unreliable narrator - but read it for yourself.

Fear the Worst
Fear the Worst

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have never read Linwood Barclay, don't hesitate, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Fear the Worst (Kindle Edition)
I had finished all the Peter Robinson's and the Sophie Hannah's and was feeling bereft, and someone at the swimming pool suggested LB. I have read everything he's written. Strong story lines, sort of psychological thrillers. Keeps you guessing. You can't go wrong.

Dropping Acid
Dropping Acid
by Jamie Koufman

4.0 out of 5 stars Mother in law loved it, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Dropping Acid (Hardcover)
She loves to cook, and having terrible reflux was a disappointment, so this seemed the right thing to do. She liked it.

Only Time Will Tell (Clifton Chronicles Book 1)
Only Time Will Tell (Clifton Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliffhanger Chronicles, 19 May 2014
I get so cross with JA - he keeps doing this. You get right to the end of the book, then he throws in a new one in the last sentence - and you have to wait until he writes the next one to get back to the story. He should rename them the Cliffhanger Chronicles. I get even crosser with myself, because I keep falling for it. I shall have to fall for the next one, too.

Vent Vert 100ml Eau De Toilette Spray Brand New In Retail Box & Sealed In Cellophane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, 19 May 2014
A little blast from the past for me, as I first had this when I was a teenager (MANY years ago). It is still fresh and for those who love green, grassy, herbal scents.

Burchfield Nines
Burchfield Nines

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure nostalgia, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Burchfield Nines (MP3 Download)
I did love this, having lost contact with it in the 70s. Nice to be reacquainted and it hasn't aged - maybe that's wishful thinking on my part, as it takes me back too, but why not.

John Adams Chocolate Lolly Maker
John Adams Chocolate Lolly Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved it, 19 May 2014
The only problem was that Daddy wanted to keep his lolly, but had to eat it straight away as she wanted the stick back. More sticks??

Page: 1 | 2 | 3