Profile for Happytruck > Reviews

The Comeback: The Complete ONLY Season [DVD] [2006]
The Comeback: The Complete ONLY Season [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Lisa Kudrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read the reviews (except this one), 20 Feb. 2015
It's funny reading through the reviews for this show, split as they are between exuberant 5-starriness and 1-star hatred. I watched this show purely because of the Season 2 starting on Sky Atlantic and I wanted to see what came first before I watched the second season. If I'd read the reviews here and expected hilarity I might have been disappointed. I watched The Comeback with no idea what to expect and that is maybe the best way to watch it.

I never really liked Lisa Kudrow's Friend, she seemed a little one-dimensional, but this character is anything but, and Kudrow should have won awards for her performance in this. So, my advice if you're wondering whether to watch; don't read the reviews, download Season One, sit back, and enjoy the cringe.

I'm not gonna say it was hilarious, but, you know.....

Welcome to the Jungle [DVD]
Welcome to the Jungle [DVD]
Dvd ~ Megan Boone

5.0 out of 5 stars Damme Funny, 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Welcome to the Jungle [DVD] (DVD)
This was a really entertaining film and made me laugh out loud a few times which is more than the usual Hollywood "comedies" do.
Van Damme was very funny, and I thought the other cast were good too. Silly, but fun.

3 x No More Spiders Non-Harmful Natural Deterrent Spray
3 x No More Spiders Non-Harmful Natural Deterrent Spray
Offered by Bargains Hut

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same product!, 24 May 2014
This is not the same product as the "No More Spiders" I bought the first time that worked so successfully. This version has a different bottle, different bottle top, different label, completely different SMELL - and the first time I used it I had a visit the same evening from the biggest, fastest, and scariest spider I have seen in years. And we bought three bottles of this stuff! Very disappointed.

Updated review June 2014 ; I purchased one bottle of the "No More Spiders" last year, the bottle was the same as the one pictured here (the brown label). I was so pleased with it, I definitely saw less spiders than usual. It had a fairly strong and not very pleasant smell, but I was very happy because I am terrified of spiders and it worked. Because of this, I ordered 3 more bottles for this year. Big disappointment. Not only is it a completely different bottle (the label is red and white instead of the bottle pictured), but it has a completely different smell - a peppermint smell that is quite ok. So ok in fact, that the spiders love it. This spray has actually attracted spiders into my home! I have seen more spiders so far this year (end of June) than the last three years combined. It is extremely disappointing and obviously I can not use the 3 bottles of "No More Spiders". Horror. Until they change back to the old formula, buyer beware.

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game I have ever played, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I just love this game so much. It is different in feel and gameplay to Far Cry 2, it is far more playable. Having said that, if you don't get on board with the crafting early on you cold be in for a rough ride.
I love the hunting aspect, the graphics are amazing. I love the bright sunshine, the beautiful island. The characters are fine, yes the frat boy element is a little annoying but I don't really care about that, I'm not Jason; I'm the one who's sneaking up on a pirate base only to get attacked by a bear or one of those crazy birds. Fantastic game.

Far Cry 3 Classics (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 Classics (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 Nov. 2013
Awesome. Fantastic. Amazing. Best game I've ever played. And I'm OLD.

The only problem with this game is it has the same effect as Red Dead Redemption; it spoils enjoyment of other games because they just don't match up. Don't waste another moment reading this gushing review! Rush out and buy it!

jean belt in black bonded leather
jean belt in black bonded leather
Offered by HotShuffle

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't wear well, 29 Nov. 2013
Nice. Cheap. I guess. Doesn't wear well. Well I mean it wears well, but it doesn't wear well. If you catch my drift.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

4.0 out of 5 stars Vegtastic!, 29 Nov. 2013
This is a good book, full of lovely recipes from that charming fella, Hugh Fearnley-Whatsisname. Great to see him taking such an interest in animal welfare. Currently selling for a fiver! Yes, a fiver! A snip!!

Jazz on a Winter's Night + CD: 11 Christmas classics for jazz piano (Nikki Iles Jazz series)
by Nikki Iles
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, 29 Nov. 2013
Love these arrangements, having the cd is great too. Really fun pieces to play and they sound great. The Sans Day Carol & Winter Wonderland are particular favourites, but I actually love all of the songs on here because it really is a great selection.

Nikki, please could we have a "Jazz On A Winter's Evening Book 2"? Pretty please?

Game of Thrones (Xbox 360)
Game of Thrones (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly bad, 24 May 2013
I cannot believe how resoundingly bad this game is.

The graphics are awful. Truly, truly awful. The first Xbox game I ever played was Kameo, an old game. Well the graphics for Kameo blow this game out the water! It looks 20 years old!

The acting is bad, but worse for me were the great monologues and boring storyline. Just so, so dull.
I gave up pretty early in.
I love GoT, read all the books, seen the show. I'm a fan. I really wanted it to be good. But I just could not seem to care about anything in this game. Someone said it had the feel of thunderbirds - that reviewer has a point. It really is that bad.

I have played some tv/movie tie in games before; Buffy, The Golden Compass, Lost, Avatar, Prince of Persia - and I thought THEY were a bit poor, especially by today's standards. However, compared to this game they're brilliant!

I cannot stress how disappointed I was with this. Having recently played Batman, the Assassins Creed games and most recently, Red Dead Redemption, I just couldn't bear to waste my precious time on this rubbish when there are so many good games out there.

I think the creators and and GRR Martin should be sorry we wasted our money on this yawn fest.

Avoid. Unless you like rubbish graphics, bad acting and disappointment.

Frostfire Mooncosy - Pink Deluxe Premium Polar Fleece
Frostfire Mooncosy - Pink Deluxe Premium Polar Fleece

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and snuggly!, 24 May 2013
Oh Frostfire Mooncosy Snuggly Pink Blanky with arms - how I love thee!

What did we ever do before this wondrous invention?

This is truly lovely. Beautiful pale pink, soft and fluffy. It's almost too nice to use. I wish I had room to buy a few more before the next Arctic winter sets in. Recommended!

Page: 1 | 2