Profile for Mouldy Ol'Crow > Reviews

Content by Mouldy Ol'Crow

Mouldy Ol'Crow "life-long bookworm" (uk)

Jonathan Livingston Seagull: A story
Jonathan Livingston Seagull: A story
by Richard Bach
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Passing it on..., 10 Nov 2007
I read this book as a 'troubled teen' and it changed my life. I adore it, re-read it regularly and it has become a friend. Now my 21 year old son has hit some difficult times and I bought this most recent copy for him. It seems to be helping - at least he keeps picking it up and reading it and he does seem calmer and more at peace with himself than he has for some time.

We can talk and share and be there for our loved ones as much as possible, but sometimes we have to leave them to sort things out for themselves - but that doesn't mean we have to leave them 'alone'. My son is not the first person I have shared this friend with, though perhaps he is the closest, and everyone I have passed it on to has come back to tell me it helped, and many have since passed it on to others.

I would recommend this book to anyone and suggest that it be the first Richard Bach book you give to someone you care about, but not the last!

The Constituents of Medicinal Plants: An Introduction to the Chemistry and Therapeutics of Herbal Medicines
by Andrew Pengelly
Price: 18.31

5.0 out of 5 stars HONC if you love life!, 19 Oct 2007
I'm having a Tee-shirt made up with that motto. HONC being a mneumonic I found in this book. I'm reading for a BSc (Hons)Herbal Medicine and am finding this book incredibly useful. I would recommend it to anyone who is a little shaky on biochemistry and prefers their information delivered in English!